The capacity debacle

5 hours ago, Maboza said:

Something tells me that the OF would still get 2 stands + the extra bit of main stand. 

If it was a matter of just giving them a couple of sections to avoid giving the family stand away then they already had this setup available using the west stand. 

But so many seats were lost creating the necessary buffer that it was rendered to be of no financial benefit 

12 hours ago, Maboza said:

Something tells me that the OF would still get 2 stands + the extra bit of main stand. 

If it was a matter of just giving them a couple of sections to avoid giving the family stand away then they already had this setup available using the west stand. 

Saints followers avoid the Old Firm games so give them the full main stand and behind the goals. Only get about 5300 for the games anyway so fill the stadium. No point in empty seats...tin-pot as feck no filling stadium when u can...

4 hours ago, God of war said:

Saints followers avoid the Old Firm games so give them the full main stand and behind the goals. Only get about 5300 for the games anyway so fill the stadium. No point in empty seats...tin-pot as feck no filling stadium when u can...

That is a ridiculously daft post, even for you. Some Saints fans dont go to games against the bigots because of the toxic atmosphere in these matches. We should be prioritising Saints fans and if anything reducing allocation for old firm fans.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That is a ridiculously daft post, even for you. Some Saints fans dont go to games against the bigots because of the toxic atmosphere in these matches. We should be prioritising Saints fans and if anything reducing allocation for old firm fans.

So have stadium half empty? Doesn't make any sense at all...

So have stadium half empty? Doesn't make any sense at all...
If fans stay away because the atmosphere is toxic, how is increasing the toxicity going to help?

That just perpetuates the problem.

Short term hit for long term gain.

The club was happy to forfeit 40k in revenue over 2 home games this month.

Why not aim higher?

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm stunned c**t of War wants to see more of his supporters inside our stadium rather than Saints "followers" as he bizarrely refers to genuine supporters as.

I use this "followers" as i now do not support the club financially in any-way so how do i possibly support them? Do you not remember the days at old Love St with 20,000 when Old Firm came to town? 3,000 Saints fans and rest them. It's way it has always been, the majority of folk in Paisley couldn't give a toss about Saints...not going to change anytime soon or ever. You need to learn to live with it.

Edited by Guest

I use this "followers" as i now do not support the club financially in any-way so how do i possibly support them? Do you not remember the days at old Love St with 20,000 when Old Firm came to town? 3,000 Saints fans and rest them. It's way it has always been, the majority of folk in Paisley couldn't give a toss about Saints...not going to change anytime soon or ever. You need to learn to live with it.
....or aim high and change it!

Sadly, despite Fitzys empty rhetoric, the BoD are on your side! [emoji850][emoji26]

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

....or aim high and change it!

Sadly, despite Fitzys empty rhetoric, the BoD are on your side! emoji850.pngemoji26.png

Its not about sides, its about being practical. With the current prices to watch very very average footballers the board are utilising the Old-Firm games to make as much as possible. Sadly fans IMO are a distant 2nd thought where money is concerned and thats all clubs. Saints aim every season is to stay up and by getting some extra money to help do they then every avenue will be explored. What would you suggest to get stadium full of Saints fand against Old Firm? 

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

If fans stay away because the atmosphere is toxic, how is increasing the toxicity going to help?

That just perpetuates the problem.

Short term hit for long term gain.

The club was happy to forfeit 40k in revenue over 2 home games this month.

Why not aim higher?

Serious question.

How would the club forfeit £40,000?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
Serious question.
How would the club forfeit £40,000?

Our own ineptitude restricted attendance at 2 home games to 1039 when 2000 was legally permissible. 40k in lost revenue.

But the extra 961 would have been ST holders who have already paid for the game so the club lost nothing, zilch, zero, by my count. In fact they probably gained by NOT asking for the extra 961 because they didn't need extra stewards

But the extra 961 would have been ST holders who have already paid for the game so the club lost nothing, zilch, zero, by my count. In fact they probably gained by NOT asking for the extra 961 because they didn't need extra stewards
Fair comment.
I should have added "potentially" but yes, you are right.

19 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Fair comment.
I should have added "potentially" but yes, you are right.

Thanks.

I'm not sure it would have made any difference if you had put "potentially" though. There was no potential to earn any money as the club couldn't have legitimately  bypassed people who had already paid which numbered in excess of 2,000. That could have "potentially" landed them in court.

9 minutes ago, Maboza said:

One step closer to hopefully the same news from the club and Renfrewshire Council. 

Then it’s just the matter of them coming clean and telling us what’s going on with the main stand. 

Have they not already pretty much confirmed they are applying for the stadium maximum? Surely given social distance rules are gone, that's main stand as well. 

"Following the announcement from The Scottish Government earlier this week, we can confidently say that the St Johnstone match on Saturday 28th August will host a capacity allowance of at least 5000, and we will be applying to the council to allow us to achieve the maximum number of supporters into The SMiSA Stadium. We will do everything in our power to increase the capacity above the 5000 and to welcome our fans back in to cheer on the Saints."

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Have they not already pretty much confirmed they are applying for the stadium maximum? Surely given social distance rules are gone, that's main stand as well. 

"Following the announcement from The Scottish Government earlier this week, we can confidently say that the St Johnstone match on Saturday 28th August will host a capacity allowance of at least 5000, and we will be applying to the council to allow us to achieve the maximum number of supporters into The SMiSA Stadium. We will do everything in our power to increase the capacity above the 5000 and to welcome our fans back in to cheer on the Saints."

"We will do everything in our power to raise capacity above 5000". 

Given every other club has simply asked their LA for max capacity and they have almost immediately said no problem, what exactly do we mean ? Why would RC be applying different criteria to any other in the country who simply seem to be ticking a box. It really is odd.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

"We will do everything in our power to raise capacity above 5000". 

Given every other club has simply asked their LA for max capacity and they have almost immediately said no problem, what exactly do we mean ? Why would RC be applying different criteria to any other in the country who simply seem to be ticking a box. It really is odd.

Fill the ground tomorrow night