The capacity debacle

I see that the Green bigots aren't allowing any Hearts fans on Saturday,  even with full capacity allowed, due to the continued requirement for "Red Zone" to be maintained within grounds.

“This is due to the need for sections of the stadium to remain sterile in order to maintain a Red Zone, resulting in affected home supporters being moved to other areas of the ground.”

Doesn't bode well for the The Fakes game, with respect to Main stand season ticket holders sitting in their purchased seats.

Hi new poster here hoping I can get some advice.

It looks like an appalling time to ask this with the capacity issues and restrictions but is there any rough idea of when match day tickets are likely to go on general sale again?

Backstory...
My dad was born in Paisley and grew up watching your fine club at Love Street in the 50s and 60s and still follows online. He moved south of the border decades ago where I was born and raised in Sheffield.

I harangued him into taking me to Sheffield United games in the 90s and he still has a season ticket with me to this day despite living on the south coast of England now. He turns 80 next month so I'd quite like to return the favour with a St Mirren match. Hope he doesn't browse this forum.

Secondary off topic question, any tips for an autumn weekend in the local area?

17 minutes ago, Slash said:

Regarding our main stand Red Zone. How come the BoD are exempt from the rules governing this?

What do you mean by exempt?

The BoD are included on the list of "cleared individuals".

image.png.e81d5a067dc3e24be4e0cee8c9aa2fc1.png

Edited by FTOF

8 hours ago, Flynnaldo said:

Hi new poster here hoping I can get some advice.

It looks like an appalling time to ask this with the capacity issues and restrictions but is there any rough idea of when match day tickets are likely to go on general sale again?

Backstory...
My dad was born in Paisley and grew up watching your fine club at Love Street in the 50s and 60s and still follows online. He moved south of the border decades ago where I was born and raised in Sheffield.

I harangued him into taking me to Sheffield United games in the 90s and he still has a season ticket with me to this day despite living on the south coast of England now. He turns 80 next month so I'd quite like to return the favour with a St Mirren match. Hope he doesn't browse this forum.

Secondary off topic question, any tips for an autumn weekend in the local area?

In normal times (anyone remember them?) there would be no problem just turning up and buying a ticket for any stand you wanted. However these are not normal times. It looks like we should have a 5k capacity on 28th Aug but that is not confirmed as yet. I would ask your question in a week or two when hopefully things become clearer.

There is a walking tour of Paisley that your dad may enjoy if he is fit enough. And the thread museum and Sma'shot cottages are maybe worth a quick visit as is a pint in the Bull Inn. You can check on-line about opening times. Enjoy your weekend whenever it happens. And keep checking about tickets.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That will be the Fakes game (and Darkheid) moved to the Sunday due to their Euro games on the Thu nights.

Think we’ll have played them both before the next round 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, HSS said:
Think we’ll have played them both before the next round 

No both Thursdays are the dates of the 1st and 2nd legs ie next two weeks.

You’re half right……..St J play on the Thurs while sellic play on the Weds 

2 hours ago, alanb said:

I see that the club are selling corporate hospitality for the St Johnstone game and those following.

For those wishing an OF game, tough, sold out already...

Red Zone bubble burst  ???

Corporate Hospitality (stmirren.com)

I'm not so sure AlanB, it may be ok as the Corporate Hospitality Suite has a separate entrance and they can keep everybody contained and away from the designated Red Zone.

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not so sure AlanB, it may be ok as the Corporate Hospitality Suite has a separate entrance and they can keep everybody contained and away from the designated Red Zone.

Seats are outside though when watching the game, doubt anyone would pay £115 to watch SMTV in the lounge 😷

Also thought area was being used by players and staff as extra space to utilise

Awaiting official announcement eagerly as a main stand ST holder, Burst the red zone bubble now.

52 minutes ago, alanb said:

Seats are outside though when watching the game, doubt anyone would pay £115 to watch SMTV in the lounge 😷

Also thought area was being used by players and staff as extra space to utilise

Awaiting official announcement eagerly as a main stand ST holder, Burst the red zone bubble now.

I think it goes back to entrances and very specific areas and whether they can block off areas of the main stand which I presume they can.......anyway I hope you get back to your seat soon

image.png.669de3d1adaaf19a9214bd713fb73d55.png

image.png.07094ee363e0e46a72cd1074683e2aea.png

You expected anything else from Tony? 

I just feel they are skimming over things rather than a bold honest statement taking responsibility for the various issues that we are experiencing.

Sort of hoping we forget by not addressing important issues.

Still, no didn’t expect anything different but he’s definitely still a club legend [emoji4]

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I just feel they are skimming over things rather than a bold honest statement taking responsibility for the various issues that we are experiencing.

Sort of hoping we forget by not addressing important issues.

Still, no didn’t expect anything different but he’s definitely still a club legend emoji4.png

Aye, agreed, name a seating area after him and get someone in who can actually be an asset to the club in his position. 

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Another vague club ‘statement’ completely sidestepped the issues directly affecting supporters

Still, with communication as poor as always , at least we have some consistency,

Yes not a great deal in this. Did these issues prevent fans attending ? What issues could cause this ? Be good to know exactly what the problem was ? Still seems really vague. Are we back at capacity or are we not?  Fans want answers and want to see their team They have  paid to see. Communication from the club is not good that’s been proven all summer long.