St Mirren FC - Officially Majority Fan Owned Football Club

bazil85

We done it!

Hope to see even more people sign-up now to support the clubs further in the future. The funding structure could have massive benefits to the football team and community.

I know the buyout has had it's critics over the year but few can now deny the transition period was anything other than a resounding success. From bottom end of the Championship to our highest league finish for over 30 years, all while staying in the black each season, even through a pandemic. :clapping 

Today is a historic day for St Mirren – for the first time in its proud 144-year history, the club is now majority owned by its supporters.

SMISA has now completed the purchase of Gordon Scott’s remaining shares, to take our stake in the club to 51%.

Our football club and its place at the heart of the local community are precious. Majority fan ownership means the people who care for the club most – you – will be able to safeguard it forever.

Thank you

There are a number of people we want to thank for making this possible and top of the list is you, the members. Today could only happen because of your incredible commitment.

When we launched the Buy The Buds campaign back in 2016 we said we needed 1,000 members to make fan ownership work. More than 1,300 answered the call at that time and almost 1,200 of you remain today. The success of the campaign is down to every one of you.

In that time, you have raised well over £1m between you – most has gone on the shares but a six-figure sum has been invested into club projects as voted on by you.

Some of our members have been with SMISA since we first started in 2002 and without them and previous committee members sustaining the society through lean times there wouldn’t have been a SMISA for today to happen.

The key individual to thank is Gordon Scott. Like us, a fan – but the fan who made fan ownership possible. Not only did he put up the money for the initial share purchase, he has since presided over five years of progress for St Mirren on and off the park. Gordon has made a huge contribution to the club’s recent history and will remain a key figure in its future as one of our board representatives.

We also wish to recognise the old (pre-2016) board. Not only did they see St Mirren through some hard times, they did so after saving the club back in 1998 when vultures were circling and its future looked perilous. Today we can take a moment to reflect on the dark path St Mirren didn’t go down. From this day on, no Reg Brealey type can get their hands on our club – you’ve made sure of that.

Of course, we initially thought it would take ten years to get here. The fact we did it in five is down to our link-up with our Kibble colleagues. We believe our model of a club owned by its fans and run in partnership with a major charity is unique in European top-flight football. We are proud of that and hope you are too, and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kibble in the years ahead.

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We done it!

Hope to see even more people sign-up now to support the clubs further in the future. The funding structure could have massive benefits to the football team and community.

I know the buyout has had it's critics over the year but few can now deny the transition period was anything other than a resounding success. From bottom end of the Championship to our highest league finish for over 30 years, all while staying in the black each season, even through a pandemic. :clapping 

Today is a historic day for St Mirren – for the first time in its proud 144-year history, the club is now majority owned by its supporters.

SMISA has now completed the purchase of Gordon Scott’s remaining shares, to take our stake in the club to 51%.

Our football club and its place at the heart of the local community are precious. Majority fan ownership means the people who care for the club most – you – will be able to safeguard it forever.

Thank you

There are a number of people we want to thank for making this possible and top of the list is you, the members. Today could only happen because of your incredible commitment.

When we launched the Buy The Buds campaign back in 2016 we said we needed 1,000 members to make fan ownership work. More than 1,300 answered the call at that time and almost 1,200 of you remain today. The success of the campaign is down to every one of you.

In that time, you have raised well over £1m between you – most has gone on the shares but a six-figure sum has been invested into club projects as voted on by you.

Some of our members have been with SMISA since we first started in 2002 and without them and previous committee members sustaining the society through lean times there wouldn’t have been a SMISA for today to happen.

The key individual to thank is Gordon Scott. Like us, a fan – but the fan who made fan ownership possible. Not only did he put up the money for the initial share purchase, he has since presided over five years of progress for St Mirren on and off the park. Gordon has made a huge contribution to the club’s recent history and will remain a key figure in its future as one of our board representatives.

We also wish to recognise the old (pre-2016) board. Not only did they see St Mirren through some hard times, they did so after saving the club back in 1998 when vultures were circling and its future looked perilous. Today we can take a moment to reflect on the dark path St Mirren didn’t go down. From this day on, no Reg Brealey type can get their hands on our club – you’ve made sure of that.

Of course, we initially thought it would take ten years to get here. The fact we did it in five is down to our link-up with our Kibble colleagues. We believe our model of a club owned by its fans and run in partnership with a major charity is unique in European top-flight football. We are proud of that and hope you are too, and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kibble in the years ahead.

can you not sign up from outside of Europe..... i.e. Canada https://www.smisa.net/www/smisa.net/international says 404 not found thats the link it says to click on outside the EU

29 minutes ago, buddied94 said:

can you not sign up from outside of Europe..... i.e. Canada https://www.smisa.net/www/smisa.net/international says 404 not found thats the link it says to click on outside the EU

I'm not sure, possibly one to ask on Facebook or Twitter? Alternatively you could email [email protected] who I think performs a liaise role. 

Now that I'm a co-owner of SMFC, I have decided to get rid of the Kibble. Tony will now work in one of the catering venues. Celtic and Sevco fans will be given one stand and we will re-sign Billy Mehmet. The futures bright. The futures Saint Mirren.

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm not sure, possibly one to ask on Facebook or Twitter? Alternatively you could email [email protected] who I think performs a liaise role. 

I know whats happened https://www.smisa.net/www/smisa.net/international is supposed to be https://www.smisa.net/international something got f**ked when they republished the website i think

2 hours ago, buddied94 said:

I know whats happened https://www.smisa.net/www/smisa.net/international is supposed to be https://www.smisa.net/international something got f**ked when they republished the website i think

This is now fixed. https://www.smisa.net/international

Edited by kevo_smfc

We have done it!<_>
Thank feck... I didn't want to be accused of starting a fight or picking on someone just because of their inexcusably poor grammar! [emoji850]

One I owe you.

I was never here.

On the subject... I was always 100% behind a fan owned club... Run by appointed professionals with relevant experience.

The "partially fan owned" was slipped in and supported by the majority after being presented as a done deal.

I had my own thoughts and acted accordingly.

Let's wait and see what transpires!

Suffice to say I feel the improvement ON the park is in spite of developments OFF the park.

I'd quote someone but communication from the club has all but dried up recently.

Remember the regular GLS updates we looked forward to.

Thank Goodie for God! [emoji850][emoji12]

Well some are certainly trying on here, Twitter & Facebook but you just don’t get the same level of meltdown following positive news as we used to.

Bring back LPM & Dicko 😂

Also, can someone please double check this post to make sure there’s no inexcusably poor grammar or say something worse… perhaps spelling it hilighting instead of highlighting. Surely an ungodly mistake. :whistle

Well some are certainly trying on here, Twitter & Facebook but you just don’t get the same level of meltdown following positive news as we used to.
Bring back LPM & Dicko [emoji23]
Also, can someone please double check this post to make sure there’s no inexcusably poor grammar or say something worse… perhaps spelling it hilighting instead of highlighting. Surely an ungodly mistake. :whistle
FFS... "Sorry" would have been easier! [emoji23][emoji850]

4 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Why’s that?

Presumably he/she believes in a theistic being, a creator, an overlord if you like.  

I also assume that he/she wishes said theistic being, creator, overlord to somehow help our club.

Whilst I don't believe any of that pish, if I did I would wish for the same thing.  Would it not be great if a theistic being or any c**t for that matter finally responded to my e-mail to renew my season ticket!!!!!

7 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Why 

Because there is actually halfwits like Baz who believe they own a football club and should have a say on day to day runnings. Anytime u contact SMISA you get no reply either. I dont think club is run particularly well at moment and can only see it getting far worse getting fans involved. Wasn't for this from day one and still against it.

Because there is actually halfwits like Baz who believe they own a football club and should have a say on day to day runnings. Anytime u contact SMISA you get no reply either. I dont think club is run particularly well at moment and can only see it getting far worse getting fans involved. Wasn't for this from day one and still against it.
You can be against it all you want, it's happened.

PS, we're only going to employ real scouts, not the imaginary ones. [emoji1787]

7 hours ago, God of war said:

What are you on about? It's well documented the make-up of the SMISA/ Kibble ownership, if you haven't understood it don't project onto me. 

As for not being run well.

- Stayed in the black five years in a row including during a pandemic, one of the only clubs in Scotland to achieve that 

- No debt bar pandemic linked loans

- Increase in cash on hand almost every season

- Steadily increased the performances on the park going from near bottom of the championship to our highest finish in over 30 seasons 

- Several very promising player assets on long-term contracts and clubs chasing some of our players for six figure sums 

- Capability to reject offers with no need to sell 

If that's poorly run, I would love to know what your expectations are for well run. Few admin issues this summer during a system migration, sponsors shafting us and a change in ownership and some of our fans completely forget about all the good work we've done. 

I've also emailed SMISA about 4 or 5 times in the last couple of years, I've ALWAYS had a response within 72 hours, no idea who you're emailing.