St Mirren FC - Officially Majority Fan Owned Football Club

bazil85

45 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

🤣🤣🤣 Utter shite Baz.

"Doomsday scenarios" 🤣🤣🤣

you've not changed one bit. 

You'll keep believing the pish you spout & many will keep thinking 'utter pish' at what you post.

And the wheel will keep on turning.

Sigh, I wasn't going to bother but here we go. 

From what I have understood, your view is ultimately the club shouldn't be "gifting" that 50% to the club anytime soon. There is zero indication whatsoever that is on the cards. It's completely a hypothetical that St Mirren (SMISA given they're the main decision makers now) could just start chasing the money which by all accounts is to be saved. 

The £1.4 Million was St Mirren and yes you missed it in the last accounts, see "Companies House" if you wish. For me the lines between SMISA and St Mirren that existed over the last five years now have to be re-drawn. As majority owners they are first and foremost in charge of the St Mirren accounts. Yes I agree with keeping SMISA savings as a separate bucket but a separate bucket under the same umbrella as St Mirren funds, held by our majority owners. SMISA are ultimately what GLS was to that £1.4 million up until last month. 

Yes there is no need to be going after this 50% I don't see anything beyond "doomsday" scenarios where they could make a reasonable request anytime soon. I of course could be wrong but I would certainly be questioning why a request was coming from the BOD (now led by SMISA remember) for SMISA funds instead of what we have. 

Glad you aren't criticising Kibble, your point that "nothing has changed" is literally incorrect though given what they have already done. I'm very sure it would have been more had there not been a pandemic. 

Again glad we agree on the Kibble's responsibility, that does not necessarily extend to comparably matching SMISA financially as I have explained. By all account's the relationship will be long running and we have again overwhelmingly agreed to the terms of bringing Kibble in. One off purchase of shares & we take the benefits they offer with various services, labour and expertise. You're again fabricating a scenario where

1. St Mirren can't cover it's costs

2. It therefore needs to rely on SMISA money

3. Kibble can't support in anyway

4. SMISA members lose out. 

When you go to those levels of hypotheticals, you could create pretty much any negative scenario. Why don't we just see how it goes over the next few years?

The alternative hypothetical to this as well is, what if Kibble provide a disproportionate level of services to the money SMISA have to pay in any given situation? Should they then start charging for it? Let's not forget your OP on this was "Unless Kibble & all other shareholders are asked to "gift" funds to The Club, the SMISA membership should not either." I hope we can both agree, I have shown this isn't as clear cut as your expectations here. If you still refuse to acknowledge the relationship (as advertised) is more complex than just matching any hypothetical financial "gift" fine but I would say that's pretty stubborn. Maybe @antrin has a view on you not changing your opinion... Or maybe it's just me that MUST do that in every disagreement. 

The "buy a house" analogy doesn't work IMO because as we have said multiple times, in usual business the house (St Mirren) will be funding itself (and then some for rainy day, seemingly £1.4 million). There is no need to set out month to month parameters on who pays what bills.

Edited by bazil85

From what I have understood, your view is ultimately the club shouldn't be "gifting" that 50% to the club anytime soon. There is zero indication whatsoever that is on the cards. It's completely a hypothetical that St Mirren (SMISA given they're the main decision makers now) could just start chasing the money which by all accounts is to be saved. 
The £1.4 Million was St Mirren and yes you missed it in the last accounts, see "Companies House" if you wish. For me the lines between SMISA and St Mirren that existed over the last five years now have to be re-drawn. As majority owners they are first and foremost in charge of the St Mirren accounts. Yes I agree with keeping SMISA savings as a separate bucket but a separate bucket under the same umbrella as St Mirren funds, held by our majority owners. SMISA are ultimately what GLS was to that £1.4 million up until last month. 
Yes there is no need to be going after this 50% I don't see anything beyond "doomsday" scenarios where they could make a reasonable request anytime soon. I of course could be wrong but I would certainly be questioning why a request was coming from the BOD (now led by SMISA remember) for SMISA funds instead of what we have. 
Glad you aren't criticising Kibble, your point that "nothing has changed" is literally incorrect though given what they have already done. I'm very sure it would have been more had there not been a pandemic. 
Again glad we agree on the Kibble's responsibility, that does not necessarily extend to comparably matching SMISA financially as I have explained. By all account's the relationship will be long running and we have again overwhelmingly agreed to the terms of bringing Kibble in. One off purchase of shares & we take the benefits they offer with various services, labour and expertise. You're again fabricating a scenario where
1. St Mirren can't cover it's costs
2. It therefore needs to rely on SMISA money
3. Kibble can't support in anyway
4. SMISA members lose out. 
When you go to those levels of hypotheticals, you could create pretty much any negative scenario. Why don't we just see how it goes over the next few years?
The alternative hypothetical to this as well is, what if Kibble provide a disproportionate level of services to the money SMISA have to pay in any given situation? Should they then start charging for it? Let's not forget your OP on this was "Unless Kibble & all other shareholders are asked to "gift" funds to The Club, the SMISA membership should not either." I hope we can both agree, I have shown this isn't as clear cut as your expectations here. If you still refuse to acknowledge the relationship (as advertised) is more complex than just matching any hypothetical financial "gift" fine but I would say that's pretty stubborn. Maybe [mention=15031]antrin[/mention] has a view on you not changing your opinion... Or maybe it's just me that MUST do that in every disagreement. 
The "buy a house" analogy doesn't work IMO because as we have said multiple times, in usual business the house (St Mirren) will be funding itself (and then some for rainy day, seemingly £1.4 million). There is no need to set out month to month parameters on who pays what bills.
You were always going to bother.

Once a liar always a liar.

Put that shite into paragraphs to make it easier to ignore.

No need to reply. Honest! [emoji23][emoji41]

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You were always going to bother.

Incorrect 

Once a liar always a liar.

I disagree but I don't see how it's relevant. You have always folded under questioning on me being a "liar" 

Put that shite into paragraphs to make it easier to ignore.

You are incapable of ignoring everything I post, there's always going to be something you come back to. We have established that. 

No need to reply. Honest! emoji23.pngemoji41.png

I've told you many times the sure fire way not to get a "reply" from me. See above, god knows you've tried. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe @antrin has a view on you not changing your opinion... Or maybe it's just me that MUST do that in every disagreement. 

Guffaw!!!  :lol:

You never change. You don’t “discuss” - as you take nothing on board from whatever other side.

I have never noticed you EVER seeing the other poster’s perspective, no matter how obvious, correct, prosaic or positive it might be.

You are a world unto yourself.

word.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Guffaw!!!  :lol:

You never change. You don’t “discuss” - as you take nothing on board from whatever other side.

I have never noticed you EVER seeing the other poster’s perspective, no matter how obvious, correct, prosaic or positive it might be.

You are a world unto yourself.

word.

Actually Kombi & I agreed on a few points. I also completely see his perspective & reservations.

I just don’t fully agree they are such big issues or necessarily need attention right now. 

Have you ever changed your opinion to meet one of mine? If so can you point out which one(s)? 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Actually Kombi & I agreed on a few points. I also completely see his perspective & reservations.

I just don’t fully agree they are such big issues or necessarily need attention right now. 

Have you ever changed your opinion to meet one of mine? If so can you point out which one(s)? 

No

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

No

Well there you go, hypocrite. 

The nature on here is regardless of what topic I’m discussing, some will fundamentally start engaging with me to challenge my view. You & BEK are two of a number.

Hardly good solid ground to warm me up to changing my opinions. 

Kombis points were fairly balanced & what did we see? Areas of consensus. You’re the problem. 

The nature on here is regardless of what topic I’m discussing, some will fundamentally start engaging with me to challenge my view. You & BEK are two of a number.

Kombis points were fairly balanced & what did we see? Areas of consensus. You’re the problem. 
You turned on Kombi and ridiculed him too. You don't want to help yourself. It's ok. I accept your neediness now and no longer delight in humiliating your hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You turned on Kombi and ridiculed him too. You don't want to help yourself. It's ok. I accept your neediness now and no longer delight in humiliating your hypocrisy.

Sigh, so just me trying to keep on topic tonight? The irony. 

I did not ridicule Kombi & BEK, the irony in you playing the needy card is off the chart 🤣

Baz,

I hope you don't mind. I'm not reading your post in it's entirety. I too, can't be bothered. I was scrolling by & something caught my eye, hence a much shorter post than a dissemination of your whole post that started with the quote below.

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You really shouldn't have bothered as , 

From what I have understood,

You clearly haven't understood

When I said, "nothing has changed" I meant

• that Kibble would continue doing what they've been doing
  • St Mirren FC would continue doing what they've been doing.
  • SMiSA would continue doing what they've been doing.

hence my comment about "not criticising" Kibble and saying "nothing has changed" related to all of the above and everyone else not mentioned, doing what they've been doing for the betterment of St Mirren Football Club.

Your interpretation of my opinions is so far off the scale. You are making stuff up and it only exposes you as being someone who refuses to consider an other views.

I didn't feel ridiculed by your misinterpretations & comments about "doomsday scenarios" that only fully exposes you for posting utter shite. You seem hellbent on arguing other viewpoints for the sake of it & your persistent misunderstanding of others opinions embarrasses you above anyone else.

Do you clasp your hands with glee when you read someone else post & think "how can this be ripped apart and me make them sound like they hate St Mirren" That appears to be one of your favourite lines, people being anti St Mirren.

I'd suggest you go back & re-read & try see if you can interpret properly, mine & others viewpoints before you wrongly jump all over them. It might help you understand better & enable other posters to start valuing some of what you post instead of thinking 'here Baz goes again' 

I haven't read the rest of your post because I cannot be bothered responding to all your inaccuracies & misinterpretations (if the above quotes are a reflection of the content). The wheel can continue to turn and we can still discuss all things St Mirren or whatever. Sometimes we'll agree & other times we won't. I am fine with that.

We ain't the chuckle brothers either, this isn't a game of to me to you.

Have a nice day.

22 hours ago, antrin said:

Baz has an innate need to simply disagree - whatever merits or flaws you may offer in explanation.

Lovely of you trying so hard, but your work here, Kombi, is never going to be done.  :)

I know. The discussion has run it's course for me with Baz on this.

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

Baz,

I hope you don't mind. I'm not reading your post in it's entirety. I too, can't be bothered. I was scrolling by & something caught my eye, hence a much shorter post than a dissemination of your whole post that started with the quote below.

You really shouldn't have bothered as , 

You clearly haven't understood

When I said, "nothing has changed" I meant

• that Kibble would continue doing what they've been doing
  • St Mirren FC would continue doing what they've been doing.
  • SMiSA would continue doing what they've been doing.

hence my comment about "not criticising" Kibble and saying "nothing has changed" related to all of the above and everyone else not mentioned, doing what they've been doing for the betterment of St Mirren Football Club.

Your interpretation of my opinions is so far off the scale. You are making stuff up and it only exposes you as being someone who refuses to consider an other views.

I didn't feel ridiculed by your misinterpretations & comments about "doomsday scenarios" that only fully exposes you for posting utter shite. You seem hellbent on arguing other viewpoints for the sake of it & your persistent misunderstanding of others opinions embarrasses you above anyone else.

Do you clasp your hands with glee when you read someone else post & think "how can this be ripped apart and me make them sound like they hate St Mirren" That appears to be one of your favourite lines, people being anti St Mirren.

I'd suggest you go back & re-read & try see if you can interpret properly, mine & others viewpoints before you wrongly jump all over them. It might help you understand better & enable other posters to start valuing some of what you post instead of thinking 'here Baz goes again' 

I haven't read the rest of your post because I cannot be bothered responding to all your inaccuracies & misinterpretations (if the above quotes are a reflection of the content). The wheel can continue to turn and we can still discuss all things St Mirren or whatever. Sometimes we'll agree & other times we won't. I am fine with that.

We ain't the chuckle brothers either, this isn't a game of to me to you.

Have a nice day.

Well that was a car crash of a post. 

I think going back is a good idea but it won't show you in a good light. I too will try and keep it brief to spare your blushes here. 

"St Mirren FC will not need "gifts" from its (51%) majority shareholders bank account"

This is your view, I don't think it's as black and white (pardon the pun) given SMISA are now the custodians of the club. If a request comes for SMISA funds as a "gift" it's coming from SMISA as they would have to agree to it as the top dogs on the St Mirren board. 

Despite this, we probably agree that funds should be kept in here as a safety net & it shouldn't be rinsed for BAU. Nothing similar has happened in the last five years so I see it as a small risk. I don't know if you are actually concerned about this happening or just making a general point.  

"Unless Kibble & all other shareholders are asked to "gift" funds to The Club, the SMISA membership should not either."

This is just a difference of opinion, again I don't think it's black and white because of the other services and labour the Kibble would be providing over the course (we can do what ifs all you like here). I imagine there are plenty of scenarios where eventually SMISA would cough up but I wouldn't expect the charity. Whether that be expansion or major financial event, who knows

"gifting" monies to the Club should not be an option unless all other shareholders are contributing too. 

Again a disagreement, I have shown you why I disagree. I respect you won't change your opinion & continue to think ALL shareholders must contribute for us to ever use the SMISA 50% (which again is now ultimately St Mirren money given the ownership)

I get this grew arms and legs a good bit but there we are, if there is "misunderstanding" in your direct quotes, feel free to let me know... Like you did when you said "nothing has changed" actually meaning things have changed...

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The delete button was a great invention.

Never read a word as it'll be full of utter pish & littered with you spinning all that you can.

You crack on with your delusional misunderstandings, misinterpretations, making shite up and clutching at make believe straws.

🥱

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo

The delete button was a great invention.
Never read a word as it'll be full of utter pish & littered with you spinning all that you can.
You crack on with your delusional misunderstandings, misinterpretations, making shite up and clutching at make believe straws.
🥱
He will... Starting with a response to you before turning on me for daring to agree with you... Obviously you are now part of the clique turning on poor Baz simply because it's him. Always the fault of others. Always.

He will of course respond to me now... Despite me saying don't. No need. It's his right! He will tell me that much.

Might even dredge up a quote from an eternity ago and say I begged him to stop communication but I'm addicted to him.

Nothing original! Ever.

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He will... Starting with a response to you before turning on me for daring to agree with you... Obviously you are now part of the clique turning on poor Baz simply because it's him. Always the fault of others. Always.

He will of course respond to me now... Despite me saying don't. No need. It's his right! He will tell me that much.

Might even dredge up a quote from an eternity ago and say I begged him to stop communication but I'm addicted to him.

Nothing original! Ever.

I've left Kombi to it (assuming he makes good on "The discussion has run it's course for me with Baz on this." claim) I'm not so confident. He was just lashing out in his last post anyway & I had already shown why some of those claims were a bit silly by quoting him.

I would be curious to know which parts you agree with Kombi & disagree with me on... But then again, what am I thinking, if history has told us anything, you aren't likely going to discuss an actual thread topic with me. I trigger you too much. 

As for you making a prediction on what will happen based on what has happened in almost 100% of our previous engagements, another gold star for you. 

You can now put up something that relates to "I told you so" on here.

Again you know the one sure fire way to stop engagements with me... You make a choice not to. 

We bit of consensus though, I fully agree you "begged" me to stop communication and that you have an addiction

That's now maybe three or four times I've been ready to drop this & I keep getting pulled back in. You're part of the problem :D