St mirren v Hearts

so the club have confirmed it is another ballot for this game clearly they are just accepting the number given to them after lying down to get their belly rubbed. Only we could do this the silence from the club in relation to how this number came about 13% is remarkable. They have said nothing about requesting additional seating like other clubs are and are getting. Im St Mirren through and through 44 years and counting but this is incredulous or are we to believe only our local authority are refusing to give more allocation. 

Edited by Clydebanksaint

34 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

so the club have confirmed it is another ballot for this game clearly they are just accepting the number given to them after lying down to get their belly rubbed. Only we could do this the silence from the club in relation to how this number came about 13% is remarkable. They have said nothing about requesting additional seating like other clubs are and are getting. Im St Mirren through and through 44 years and counting but this is incredulous or are we to believe only our local authority are refusing to give more allocation. 

This is incredible.

You are incredulous.

Here to help! 👍😁

27 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I am inclined to think that it is some jobsworth at the council who worked out that figure although there may be also an element of caution being exercised by the club given our issues with the virus last year.  After seeing some of the vast spaces evident in the three open stands at the Thistle game I had hoped that there would have been an increase of a couple of hundred at least allowed for the Hearts game.  Maybe the council person is away on holiday and they have not been able to find anyone else who can count.

Has anyone actually announced that the capacity will be the same for the Hearts game?
I read the link posted by HSS as saying the club were surprised by no shows at the Thistle game so were canvassing supporters to establish the required number. 
Yes,

Written by John White our SLO

In summary

those season ticket holders not succesful in the ballots for league games will have access to the game live on smtv

process implemented to ensure all 1039 seats are filled on the day to try and avoid a repeat of empty seats as at the partick game

those succesful in the hearts ballot will not be included in the st johnstone one if covid restrictions still in place

I contacted my councillor to ask what was happening. The department dealing with it replied to me.

I can confirm that Renfrewshire Council has been in constant dialogue with St Mirren FC and partners as part of the Stadium Advisory Group (SAG) – this group is Chaired by Assistant Building Standards Manager and is also attended by Environmental Health – Business Regulation Manager.

St Mirren’s first spectator match was on the 13 July 2021, they were observing 2m social distancing and had an occupant capacity of 500 persons. A Renfrewshire council official attended the match and observed their access/egress and general spectator arrangements which were satisfactory. Only three stands were in use (North, West and South) with the Main Stand declared as the Red zone for the team and press. No away fans were present.

They have an occupant capacity of 1039 for 1m social distancing and have currently moved to this model.

Like many others, we await the announcement from the First Minister next week with regards to further easing of restrictions from the indicative date of 9 August 2021 and this will likely lead to further discussions and a meeting of the SAG to discuss future capacities.

Every club has to have a Red Zone, where fans are not allowed.

scottish-fa-return-to-playing-brochure.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

image.png.f2f9bb6d27bde37c760e758494e4ec58.png

There are all sorts of hoops for clubs to jump through. For example, Dundee can only use the two stands at either end of their ground. They can't use their Main Stand, as its concourse isn't big enough, nor their Derry stand because the toilets exit is the same as the entrance.

As it is, Dundee have royally f**ked up the sale of their tickets, and they have not been able to let in the number of fans that their allocation allowed.

Edited by FTOF

I contacted my councillor to ask what was happening. The department dealing with it replied to me.

I can confirm that Renfrewshire Council has been in constant dialogue with St Mirren FC and partners as part of the Stadium Advisory Group (SAG) – this group is Chaired by Assistant Building Standards Manager and is also attended by Environmental Health – Business Regulation Manager.

St Mirren’s first spectator match was on the 13 July 2021, they were observing 2m social distancing and had an occupant capacity of 500 persons. A Renfrewshire council official attended the match and observed their access/egress and general spectator arrangements which were satisfactory. Only three stands were in use (North, West and South) with the Main Stand declared as the Red zone for the team and press. No away fans were present.

They have an occupant capacity of 1039 for 1m social distancing and have currently moved to this model.

Like many others, we await the announcement from the First Minister next week with regards to further easing of restrictions from the indicative date of 9 August 2021 and this will likely lead to further discussions and a meeting of the SAG to discuss future capacities.

There are all sorts of hoops for clubs to jump through. For example, Dundee can only use the two stands at either end of their ground. They can't use their Main Stand, as its concourse isn't big enough, nor their Derry stand because the toilets exit is the same as the entrance.
As it is, Dundee have royally f**ked up the sale of their tickets, and they have not been able to let in the number of fans that their allocation allowed.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I have every sympathy with clubs trying to implement these ‘rules, especially when you see the varying interpretations at other clubs.  The issue with the toilets at Dens is just another excuse to keep numbers and costs down since less stewards will be required.  The toilets at central station haven’t been closed and they only have one entrance/exit as does every cubicle and are visited by hundreds if not thousands of people every day. Every small shop, most buses, etc also only have a single point of entry and exit and they are still functioning.

45 minutes ago, HSS said:

Seemingly the number of absentees at the Thistle game was in the hundreds What a bunch of selfish bastards 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣shows u the severe lack of interest!!!

Cannot believe the greeting on here. People knew exactly what it was going to be like with covid restrictions. Yet still greeting like weans to see Santa. Anybody with half a brain wouldn't have touched a season ticket until told stadium capacities are back to normal...the seeth and anger is comedy gold.

Seemingly the number of absentees at the Thistle game was in the hundreds What a bunch of selfish bastards 

By the way it was really obvious that there were many empty seats at the thistle game, I had initially assumed that people had moved to sit with friends but clearly that was not the case!!

12 minutes ago, guinness said:

Perhaps they do not check e mails regularly as many of us do not and did not even know they had been selected

Found mine in Spam ,only got my seasonticketsorted out on the Friday , so did think I would be in the ballot 

37 minutes ago, guinness said:

Perhaps they do not check e mails regularly as many of us do not and did not even know they had been selected

Which shows a lack of interest🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, guinness said:

If you knew you were in a ballot for tickets, and were to be notified by e-mail, why on earth would you not check you e-mails?

29 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Found mine in Spam ,only got my seasonticketsorted out on the Friday , so did think I would be in the ballot 

Partick Thistle Ballot (stmirren.com)

Season ticket holders who have renewed their tickets, registered on Future Ticketing or been in contact, by any means, with the club regarding their renewal will be automatically entered into the ballot for our match against Partick Thistle on Sunday 25th July. Working with the Scottish Government, Renfrewshire Council and the Joint Response Group, we are awaiting final confirmation for numbers allowed into the stadium for the game. We will provide you with this information in due course.

Those who have been successful in the ballot will be contacted by the end of the day on Thursday 22nd July with their entry instructions

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

If you do not check the official site regularly you would not even know you were in a ballot.

Why would you not check the official site or the Twitter for official announcements on matches?

Are you wanting someone to come round to your door and tell you? Or notify you by carrier pigeon?

No good sending e-mails, because apparently people don't check their e-mails all the time or even bother to look in their spam.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Why would you not check the official site or the Twitter for official announcements on matches?

Are you wanting someone to come round to your door and tell you? Or notify you by carrier pigeon?

No good sending e-mails, because apparently people don't check their e-mails all the time or even bother to look in their spam.:rolleyes:

I was not the one complaIning about people not turning up. I could not give a fuk what you think about how often  I check web sites or e  mails.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

If you knew you were in a ballot for tickets, and were to be notified by e-mail, why on earth would you not check you e-mails?

I thought no you mentioned before a decent percentage of "issues" could easily be down to people not being tech savvy. 😉

Edited by faraway saint

To be fair I nearly always find out Saints stuff on here before the club get round to updating fans. Genuinely I never check the club website or media as a rule.

I check club shop ( obviously closed just now ) and Saints TV but for news/information etc , here works well