St mirren v Hearts

Jesus BEK, give yourself some time off.
I post about the ref - start an argument 
I post about an old managers departure - start an argument 
I don’t post about your views on the first half - start an argument. 

The irony is, you did the exact same as me on your take regarding Danny’s last season. 
Your last point, situations aren’t comparable IMO (since again that seems to be essential referencing in my posts for some) and at no time have I ever suggested league placement can always be applied consistently to a manager progressing a team. 
So you have no legit comeback and are a hypocrite. Fair enough. I accept that.

You reserve the right to reply yet tell me to give it a rest?

More hypocrisy!

Jesus BEK, give yourself some time off.
I post about the ref - start an argument 
I post about an old managers departure - start an argument 
I don’t post about your views on the first half - start an argument. 

The irony is, you did the exact same as me on your take regarding Danny’s last season. 
Your last point, situations aren’t comparable IMO (since again that seems to be essential referencing in my posts for some) and at no time have I ever suggested league placement can always be applied consistently to a manager progressing a team. 
Liar.

You continually use our better league placings year on year as evidence of progress

So.

Danny gave us our highest league placing in years, yet you say his time was up.

Caught out! Liar.

19 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So you have no legit comeback and are a hypocrite. Fair enough. I accept that.

You reserve the right to reply yet tell me to give it a rest?

More hypocrisy!

Both incorrect, just your spin. 

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Liar.

You continually use our better league placings year on year as evidence of progress

So.

Danny gave us our highest league placing in years, yet you say his time was up.

Caught out! Liar.

Incorrect again, the quest to show where I have lied or been hypocritical rumbles on. 

It’s evidence of Goodwin & St Mirren’s progressing. Five years in a row is unprecedented for the club (as far as I can tell). 

For Danny, my opinion is, it was the right call to let him go. 

I know you just can’t help yourself but argue with me. The wide & varied reasons today show that but do everyone a favour & jump to the bit where you run away from the quarrel you (as nearly always) started. 

Edited by bazil85

Incorrect again, the quest to show where I have lied or been hypocritical rumbles on. 

It’s evidence of Goodwin & St Mirren’s progressing. Five years in a row is unprecedented for the club (as far as I can tell). 

For Danny, my opinion is, it was the right call to let him go. 

I know you just can’t help yourself but argue with me. The wide & varied reasons today show that but do everyone a favour & jump to the bit where you run away from the quarrel you (as nearly always) started. 
So letting Danny go is now your opinion... Yet you stated it as fact.

Funnily enough, you turned on someone else earlier for having the temerity to point out the fact of your inconsistencies and tried to blame them for being right. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jim Goodwin has improved us year on year... So did Danny Lennon.

Jim led us to our highest league placing in years. So did Danny.

So if it was right to let Danny go... do you want to break the news to Jim that his time is up? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So letting Danny go is now your opinion... Yet you stated it as fact.

Funnily enough, you turned on someone else earlier for having the temerity to point out the fact of your inconsistencies and tried to blame them for being right. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Jim Goodwin has improved us year on year... So did Danny Lennon.

Jim led us to our highest league placing in years. So did Danny.

So if it was right to let Danny go... do you want to break the news to Jim that his time is up? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I won’t always be putting ‘in my opinion’ in every single post where I’m giving my opinion. That might upset you, just like my presence on here clearly does but that’s my choice. I feel it’s often inferred & you crying over it is more your problem than mine. 
Saturday night & as we’ve seen so many times before, when BEK drinks the website suffers. 😂

Danny - time was up.

Goodwin - not comparable regarding league positions. 

Notice how I again don’t hold your hand on these points being opinion or factual statements. Let’s see if you have the common sense to grasp it though 😀

Edited by bazil85

shaugnessy is also prone to headers that get us goals
3 goals scored in 46 games according to the Saints site.

Goals created? up for debate.

I'm not having a go at Joe for the sake of it. I think he is a good player and obviously the manager feels he is a good leader... I just personally feel that as a defender, McCarthy is a better player.

I won’t always be putting ‘in my opinion’ in every single post where I’m giving my opinion. That might upset you, just like my presence on here clearly does but that’s my choice. I feel it’s often inferred & you crying over it is more your problem than mine. 
Saturday night & as we’ve seen so many times before, when BEK drinks the website suffers. [emoji23]
Danny - time was up.
Goodwin - not comparable regarding league positions. 

Notice how I again don’t hold your hand on these points being opinion or factual statements. Let’s see if you have the common sense to grasp it though [emoji3]
Did Danny Lennon lead us to a national trophy win and our highest league placing? Yes.
Fact.

Was "his time up"? I don't believe so. I felt, and still do, that his achievements had earned him the right to turn things around

He was at the time a young manager learning his trade and being undermined from within.

Sure, he made mistakes, the main one being too loyal to certain players who were part of his downfall.

I'll add you to the list of conspirators who have no respect for the man then.

Time was up?

Why, exactly?

27 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Your thoughts on the point being debated, or did you simply feel the need to post for the hell of it? Doesn't seem to be an issue when you disagree with anyone else or, dare I say it, post shit! emoji23.png

:lol:

Time you had a wee lie doon, I hate to say this, you're worse than Baz, well done, take a bow. :happyclapper

Oh, gies fecking piece. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Time you had a wee lie doon, I hate to say this, you're worse than Baz, well done, take a bow. :happyclapper

Oh, gies fecking piece. :byebye

Baz is worst poster of all time, has bored me to extent ive blocked him. His ramblings are to be sympathised, he clearly is lonely and needs help. This forum appears to be all he has, shame really...

On 8/7/2021 at 5:51 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

Need to have Connor McCarthy back for this one.  Hearts will be dangerous at set peices . Hopefully Hearts luck runs out ,  they certainly got the breaks last week .

Should have had Connor McCarthy on the right hand side of the three central defenders and Erahon playing next to Power in front of the back three . We should be defending better . Its going to be a long season. 

55 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Should have had Connor McCarthy on the right hand side of the three central defenders and Erahon playing next to Power in front of the back three . We should be defending better . Its going to be a long season. 

Im far from an Erhahon fan but after 20 minutes yesterday would have hooked Kilty for Erhahon, Tait for Hendrson and Brophy for Erwin....formation clearly wasn't working but Goodloss refuses to admit hes wrong...ever..

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Did Danny Lennon lead us to a national trophy win and our highest league placing? Yes.
Fact.

Was "his time up"? I don't believe so. I felt, and still do, that his achievements had earned him the right to turn things around

He was at the time a young manager learning his trade and being undermined from within.

Sure, he made mistakes, the main one being too loyal to certain players who were part of his downfall.

I'll add you to the list of conspirators who have no respect for the man then.

Time was up?

Why, exactly?

After the cup winning season I feel things started to unfold a bit for him & St Mirren stuttered. I don’t think it was right he could rely of the cup win indefinitely & at the end of his contract I agreed with the decision he should go. 

You disagree & think he should have been given more time. That’s fine, people will agree & disagree on different aspects of life. 

It happened, it was around seven years ago, why are you dwelling on it?

People that still hold a grudge against Goodwin because of some speculation on his part in Danny’s downfall are just bitter. Again IMO they need to get over it & judge him on what he’s done as a manager. Oh to be so unforgiving & petty. 

2 hours ago, God of war said:

Baz is worst poster of all time, has bored me to extent ive blocked him. His ramblings are to be sympathised, he clearly is lonely and needs help. This forum appears to be all he has, shame really...

Well I would say, at least GOW has handled things in a better way than some. If you dislike engaging with me, block away. 

He is obviously lashing out because I pointed out how ridiculous he sounded in claims last season didn’t count & being so over-critical of a manager that’s just lost his first game of the season, but that’s by the by. :whistle

After the cup winning season I feel things started to unfold a bit for him & St Mirren stuttered. I don’t think it was right he could rely of the cup win indefinitely & at the end of his contract I agreed with the decision he should go. 

You disagree & think he should have been given more time. That’s fine, people will agree & disagree on different aspects of life. 

It happened, it was around seven years ago, why are you dwelling on it?

People that still hold a grudge against Goodwin because of some speculation on his part in Danny’s downfall are just bitter. Again IMO they need to get over it & judge him on what he’s done as a manager. Oh to be so unforgiving & petty. 
Indefinitely? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Less than a year = indefinitely?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You said, and I quote...

"Danny’s time was up, it was right call for him to go".

Must have been true as you stated it as a fact! [emoji850]

You obviously have no clue about proper management in the real world.

He had earned the chance to turn things around. As a young manager learning his trade, he deserved that.

Will you turn on Goody as quickly?

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indefinitely? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
Less than a year = indefinitely?
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You said, and I quote...

"Danny’s time was up, it was right call for him to go".

Must have been true as you stated it as a fact! emoji850.png

You obviously have no clue about proper management in the real world.

He had earned the chance to turn things around. As a young manager learning his trade, he deserved that.

Will you turn on Goody as quickly?

I think it was the right call. If Goody has a similar season this season, my view will align yes.

Why does this always go the same way with you? 

Me - point made 

You - that’s a statement of fact 

Me - meant as opinion, I just don’t feel the need to be utterly prescriptive on a discussion forum 

You - but you made it as a statement as fact

Me - but it wasn’t 

You - … 

You - … 

You - But you did…

Why do I make you so angry that you are this pedantic towards my posts? You pretty much don’t do it with anyone else despite others doing the same frequently. 

Slarti must be upset that you’re copying him. 😂

A08E2046-B690-4853-B3AB-B51C6C805E96.png

Edited by bazil85

I think it was the right call. If Goody has a similar season this season, my view will align yes.
Why does this always go the same way with you? 
Me - point made 
You - that’s a statement of fact 
Me - meant as opinion, I just don’t feel the need to be utterly prescriptive on a discussion forum 
You - but you made it as a statement as fact
Me - but it wasn’t 
You - … 
You - … 
You - But you did…
Why do I make you so angry that you are this pedantic towards my posts? You pretty much don’t do it with anyone else despite others doing the same frequently. 

Slarti must be upset that you’re copying him. [emoji23]
A08E2046-B690-4853-B3AB-B51C6C805E96.png.d1fee5f5179ed0de82c2e92c06139b5b.png
"always"? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yet another inaccuracy in your poor attempt at deflection to cover up your glaring errors. [emoji23]