Who is the Stadium manager

On 8/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, W6er said:

Well I think it's an excellent idea - the fans should run the club. All fans who are passionate enough and want to have a say can now do so. :)

If you believe that then you will believe anything.  Several dedicated buddies found they were sidelined by cliques who banded together to control the committee

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

If you believe that then you will believe anything.  Several dedicated buddies found they were sidelined by cliques who banded together to control the committee

One clique ousts another clique, happens all the time.

The ousted clique then whine about it.

Circle of life. 

One clique ousts another clique, happens all the time.
The ousted clique then whine about it.
Circle of life. 

Must be some size of clique, aren't they all voted in by the members?

I can think of a few that were co opted on for a short time to fill vacancies but had to go up for election at the AGM.

Some chose to do so, some didn't.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can think of a few that were co opted on for a short time to fill vacancies but had to go up for election at the AGM.

Aye, but "clique" sounds way more dramatic and underhand. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

They’ve turned the weans against us… 

8 hours ago, hamlet said:

Don't understand. Can you explain please. 

I also was dumbfounded.

I never ever expected to read a glimmer of humour in a baz posting.

especially when he uses a witty comment referencing popular culture!  :o

18 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

There are a lot of "volunteers " that work with the committee  ,and have done for the last 2 years ,but never put themselves  forward for election by the members. We do not know what part they play as Smisa do not publish their monthly meeting minutes, unlike the Fans council did .

There are a lot of "volunteers " that work with the committee  ,and have done for the last 2 years ,but never put themselves  forward for election by the members. We do not know what part they play as Smisa do not publish their monthly meeting minutes, unlike the Fans council did .
I've found if you ask they answer.

Though it maybe, just to actual members.

5 hours ago, Slash said:

Personally I think SMiSA should publish their minutes on the website - even if it’s behind a members login.

It may encourage other SMiSA members to participate and volunteer their services. 

I don’t expect the club to publish board meeting minutes, but i believe it would be beneficial if the SMiSA organisation did.

They won’t ever publish minutes publicly, I’ve been on that committee.

5 hours ago, Slash said:

Personally I think SMiSA should publish their minutes on the website - even if it’s behind a members login.

It may encourage other SMiSA members to participate and volunteer their services. 

I don’t expect the club to publish board meeting minutes, but i believe it would be beneficial if the SMiSA organisation did.

Should also encourage members to engage and vote on occasions required 

Given that SMiSA number just over 30 % of season tickets holders, would be seen as more democratic decision making 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:32 PM, Slash said:

Surely if a proposal went to a members vote and the majority requested it they would need to. 

We don’t need to see the notes from all these meetings, absolute overkill.

There will also be plenty of confidential subjects linked to club matters that we have no reason to see & scrutinise. Some fans just looking for yet more points to moan & needlessly deconstruct. 

Edited by bazil85

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We don’t need to see the notes from all these meetings, absolute overkill.

There will also be plenty of confidential subjects linked to club matters that we have no reason to see & scrutinise. Some fans just looking for yet more points to moan & needlessly deconstruct. 

Freedom of information  ?

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Freedom of information  ?

I don’t know if that’s relevant to such meetings but even if it is, we don’t need the minutes from all these meetings. It just highlights a complete lack of trust some St Mirren fans have in the people involved in running our club. Not a good basis for growing & continuing the relationship, counter productive.