Who is the Stadium manager

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

We already have someone like that from Kibble and look at how that has dramatically improved things in the last almost 18 months 🙄.  

DD1DF869-EE1F-4A22-A1B9-CE7AD6907C91.jpeg

Should be noted that David Jamieson has a profile on linkedin which has him as continuing to be employed at Kibble in a full time role, wonder how he finds the time to steer both ships?  The GM is not really a behind the scenes role if he is taking over all of GLS' day-to-day activity at the club.

Edited by beyond our ken

11 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

it's worth noting that one of the trustees is the current provost of renfrew district, one Lorraine Cameron.

seems quite a strong overlap between the labour group on the council and kibble, which now seems to extend to SMFC now.

Lorraine Cameron is SNP is she not 

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Should be noted that David Jamieson has a profile on linkedin which has him as continuing to be employed at Kibble in a full time role, wonder how he finds the time to steer both ships?  The GM is not really a behind the scenes role if he is taking over all of GLS' day-to-day activity at the club.

Lynsey MacLean is the General Manager 

Edited by alanb

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Not according to Mr Jamieson and the COVID update

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-jamieson-5a4bb7191/?originalSubdomain=uk

I got there in the end

actually i didn't

the COVID report is historic, but here is his linkedin profile

David Jamieson

David Jamieson

General Manager at St Mirren FC
Greater Glasgow Area  Contact info

15 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Not according to Mr Jamieson and the COVID update

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-jamieson-5a4bb7191/?originalSubdomain=uk

I got there in the end

In the post about the SLO meeting on the 3rd August that was the job title given to Lynsey Maclean, seems a recent but unannounced appointment ( in Capacity debacle thread)

It was mentioned earlier in this thread about the change of GM

Edited by alanb

55 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

As does our new GM 🙄.
Perhaps she simply hasn’t updated it yet ? If only we had someone skilled in communication and public relations 🤔

For the record , I don’t personally know Lynsey McLean , I have no idea if she is going to be good in this role or not.

Just like any player coming to our club, I hope she plays a blinder and if she does the job well if she does she should get our full support .

I am a wee bit concerned however that our club seem to be of the mindset “ if your from the Kibble , you’ve got the job “ The last guy seemed to get it using that criteria and as far as I can see - wasn’t exactly a roaring success, so we take option #2 from the same very limited pool of candidates .

Was Ms McLean not considered last time or not considered good enough ?  Will she be devoting her time 100% to the club and the multitude of things that require attention or will her “other” employer be calling her back as and when required leaving us with a part time GM ? 

I think we need to be hearing a bit more from the boardroom regarding the processes involved bringing people into senior positions in OUR CLUB and we should have some idea of what is expected of said individuals.  Perhaps people’s suspicions of Kibble and their motives , good or bad, is being stoked by what many see almost as a takeover by stealth .

For the record , I don’t personally know Lynsey McLean , I have no idea if she is going to be good in this role or not.
Just like any player coming to our club, I hope she plays a blinder and if she does the job well if she does she should get our full support .
I am a wee bit concerned however that our club seem to be of the mindset “ if your from the Kibble , you’ve got the job “ The last guy seemed to get it using that criteria and as far as I can see - wasn’t exactly a roaring success, so we take option #2 from the same very limited pool of candidates .
Was Ms McLean not considered last time or not considered good enough ?  Will she be devoting her time 100% to the club and the multitude of things that require attention or will her “other” employer be calling her back as and when required leaving us with a part time GM ? 

I think we need to be hearing a bit more from the boardroom regarding the processes involved bringing people into senior positions in OUR CLUB and we should have some idea of what is expected of said individuals.  Perhaps people’s suspicions of Kibble and their motives , good or bad, is being stoked by what many see almost as a takeover by stealth .
We made our bed when we overwhelmingly supported the deal to allow Kibble all that power.

Even though it was a done deal before being presented to fans... Even though TV was reporting on it as a done deal before SMISA had even seen the presentation far less voted.

We, the fans, failed to do due diligence and voted with hearts in support of a flowery presentation.

We forfeited the right to complain there and then.

We could make some proposals via SMISA on the board... and hope that Kibble don't use their right to veto! [emoji850][emoji26][emoji174]

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Without implying wrongdoing on anyone's part, I can't see how this situation can be deemed healthy.  At the very least, without a competitive selection process you rarely get a good fit for a job.  I have experience of working with (not for) charities that leads me to believe that the main purpose for some (not all) seems to be creating opportunity for office bearers and employees while doing the good work.  as long as the latter takes precedence over the former then i guess that is often a situation we need to live with (like covid).  

I raised a FOI request with Kibble the other day after being told over a year and a half ago that Mr Jamieson was handling my request, maybe he just forgot.  They are inextricably linked with our club now so I just have to hope that they will do something to make me feel happy about the way they work.  Thus far it seems SMFC is a vehicle for the glorification of Kibble and not the other way round, which is a bit sad.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We made our bed when we overwhelmingly supported the deal to allow Kibble all that power.

Even though it was a done deal before being presented to fans... Even though TV was reporting on it as a done deal before SMISA had even seen the presentation far less voted.

We, the fans, failed to do due diligence and voted with hearts in support of a flowery presentation.

We could make some proposals via SMISA on the board... and hope that Kibble don't use their right to veto! emoji850.pngemoji26.pngemoji174.png

You should never forfeit the right to complain .  
If something is not right or not what you expected ,I’d say you have every right to raise concerns and try to put things right . 

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I didn't. I was against it from the start, and thought it looked a bad deal.  Nothing so far has changed my mind. If anything, I'm more solidly against it. It smells.