The Stewards

I have just seen this posted on the St. Mirren Fans face book page and on John White the Liaison officer’s face book page.

"Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are delighted to have secured the stewarding contract at St Mirren Football Club. It is our aim to engage with the club, the fans and all interested parties to enhance the match day experience for all involved. 

Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are currently recruiting for both Safety Stewards and SIA Licensed Stewards, the rates of pay will vary between £10-£12 per hour depending on the role”. 

I was wondering who the stewards were at the recent Hearts game. The one I spoke to did not even know which stand was which. 

A quick Google search will tell you that Asigura Facilities Management has only one director, £100 in share capital, has filed no accounts since it was set up in March 2020. The sole director is Darren Baillie who is listed elsewhere as a joiner. The Company is registered at a house in Airdrie. He was previously a director of Renderworks Ltd another Airdrie company.

Given these folk are responsible for our (and our children’s) safety at the ground I am a bit worried. Is there any truth is the rumour that this company will also be doing the catering ? Is there any connection directly or indirectly with Kibble ?

Asking for a friend.

5 minutes ago, animal said:

I have just seen this posted on the St. Mirren Fans face book page and on John White the Liaison officer’s face book page.

"Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are delighted to have secured the stewarding contract at St Mirren Football Club. It is our aim to engage with the club, the fans and all interested parties to enhance the match day experience for all involved. 

Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are currently recruiting for both Safety Stewards and SIA Licensed Stewards, the rates of pay will vary between £10-£12 per hour depending on the role”. 

I was wondering who the stewards were at the recent Hearts game. The one I spoke to did not even know which stand was which. 

A quick Google search will tell you that Asigura Facilities Management has only one director, £100 in share capital, has filed no accounts since it was set up in March 2020. The sole director is Darren Baillie who is listed elsewhere as a joiner. The Company is registered at a house in Airdrie. He was previously a director of Renderworks Ltd another Airdrie company.

Given these folk are responsible for our (and our children’s) safety at the ground I am a bit worried. Is there any truth is the rumour that this company will also be doing the catering ? Is there any connection directly or indirectly with Kibble ?

Asking for a friend.

Why does this matter?

Are you really trying to say stewards should be staunch St Mirren supporters? 🙄

1 hour ago, animal said:

Asking for a friend.

On the surface hiring the services of a stewarding company with no trading history and an ex-joiner as director does seem to be somewhat curious. Would be interested to get more info on the procurement process given that (as per Tony's latest statement) the health and safety of the fans is of the utmost priority.

1 minute ago, abersgonnygetye said:

On the surface hiring the services of a stewarding company with no trading history and an ex-joiner as director does seem to be somewhat curious. Would be interested to get more info on the procurement process given that (as per Tony's latest statement) the health and safety of the fans is of the utmost priority.

The reality is the stewards provide, even on a good day, little, or no, serious health and safety.

Nothing to see here. 

30 minutes ago, abersgonnygetye said:

Thanks for confirming the selection criteria... on that basis an ex-joiner from Airdrie is exactly the right choice for running the stewarding at the club 👏

Was Gordon Scott not an "ex tradesman/ joiner" ? Not sure why this really matters. 

10 hours ago, animal said:

Asking for a friend.

Can’t speak for the rest of your post but there is absolutely nothing unusual about a company incorporated in March 2020 not having produced accounts by now. 
If you assume that their financial year end was 30 March, usually companies have 6 months to produce accounts after the FYE.

11 hours ago, animal said:

Asking for a friend.

Valid questions indeed. 

Someone presumably thought this will improve this part of the business operation, financially or otherwise, to change. I guess that’s the sort of change that Kibble said they would drive in SMFC to improve but it would be good to know if that’s how this came about. 

If we’ve lost all previous stewards then there’s a level of knowledge that disappears with that and that may have an impact with recent stadium experiences as others have alluded to. 

That disruption would mean that it must have been financially appealing to change? I wonder if we tendered for the work or how we arrived at Asigura. Do Asigura have other work or was it a company incorporated specifically for our stewarding operation? 

If we are now trying to recruit, did a lack of stewards contribute to our inability to host bigger crowds in recent weeks? Are the club going to have enough stewards in time for the St. Johnstone game in 2 weeks’ time? 

Asking for a friend.

A stewarding company with no experience and no stewards manages to win a tender!

More "due diligence" from Saints?

It seems this company are involved in stadium maintenance, stewarding, catering and possibly Ralston repairs. I wonder if they know anything much about season tickets ? 

I wonder what happens if they cant get enough qualified stewards by the St, Johnstone game on the 29th.

More or less aligns with the areas of operations where Kibble expected to have influence I think it’s fair to say!: 

At the centre of this will be Kibble’s young workforce development model that will continue to thrive, with increased job prospects for our young people aligned with the current job market. This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance.

https://www.kibble.org/services/st-mirren-partnership/

13 hours ago, animal said:

Asking for a friend.

Wow! Aren't Renderworks the company responsible for Ralston, the catering and also the stadium maintenance?

12 hours ago, Slash said:

Time will tell whether this company who appear to have no track record in stewarding large events are fit for purpose.

It is odd that they are having to advertise for stewards using our SLO Facebook account. They don’t appear to even have a website. 

How do you know they have no track record under previous companies? Looking at companies house will not give you a view of who they do have employed & what experience they have in Stewarding events. Many companies have folded since the lockdown & reformed or people have went out on their own. 

with the lockdown & lack of events, it’s perfectly reasonable to assume many people that were stewards have moved onto new jobs & there’s a requirement to backfill. 

This IMO is fabricating a problem that isn’t there. What is the real risk here? The nature of the steward job is (with the greatest respect) not a very challenging one. It’s generally low paying & it will attract people looking for that kind of work. 

You have them hung before a trial. It isn’t usual for some of our fans.  

How do you know they have no track record under previous companies? Looking at companies house will not give you a view of who they do have employed & what experience they have in Stewarding events. Many companies have folded since the lockdown & reformed or people have went out on their own. 

with the lockdown & lack of events, it’s perfectly reasonable to assume many people that were stewards have moved onto new jobs & there’s a requirement to backfill. 
This IMO is fabricating a problem that isn’t there. What is the real risk here? The nature of the steward job is (with the greatest respect) not a very challenging one. It’s generally low paying & it will attract people looking for that kind of work. 
You have them hung before a trial. It isn’t usual for some of our fans.  
Oh FFS... Really?
The default defender strikes again!

I personally spoke to a steward of over 20 years experience.

I will not betray a confidence as he had to sign a non disclosure agreement.

That in itself should ring alarm bells!

Your defence and criticism of people expressing concern is based on what?

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

More or less aligns with the areas of operations where Kibble expected to have influence I think it’s fair to say!: 

At the centre of this will be Kibble’s young workforce development model that will continue to thrive, with increased job prospects for our young people aligned with the current job market. This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance.

https://www.kibble.org/services/st-mirren-partnership/

So I wonder... 

Is it the case the incumbent contractors have been removed and replaced with Asigura / Renderworks for certain operations at SMFC? Presumably with a commitment to in some way fulfil Kibble ambition of ‘job prospects for our young people’ as a community benefit type requirement of the contracts?

So maybe Kibble young people get a potential direct route into employment and if that doesn’t make up the numbers then Asigura / Renderworks have to advertise and employ from the open market - as we are seeing in the SLO pushing advertise for new stewards. 

So I wonder... 
Is it the case the incumbent contractors have been removed and replaced with Asigura / Renderworks for certain operations at SMFC? Presumably with a commitment to in some way fulfil Kibble ambition of ‘job prospects for our young people’ as a community benefit type requirement of the contracts?

So maybe Kibble young people get a potential direct route into employment and if that doesn’t make up the numbers then Asigura / Renderworks have to advertise and employ from the open market - as we are seeing in the SLO pushing advertise for new stewards. 

In which case, it would be giving people employment opportunities at the expense of making long term employees unemployed.

Surely not.

That would be morally repugnant and a family club would want no part in such an abuse of the employment system.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Oh FFS... Really?
The default defender strikes again!

I personally spoke to a steward of over 20 years experience.

I will not betray a confidence as he had to sign a non disclosure agreement.

That in itself should ring alarm bells!

Your defence and criticism of people expressing concern is based on what?

I’m just asking questions that people aren’t answering. I am not seeing anything regarding this arrangement that’s cause for concern. If you have something please share it. 

I’m just asking questions that people aren’t answering. I am not seeing anything regarding this arrangement that’s cause for concern. If you have something please share it. 
"This IMO is fabricating a problem that isn’t there...

You have them hung before a trial. It isn’t usual for some of our fans."

Just asking questions?
Really?

I do indeed have first hand information from more than one inside source but will respect the privacy of those people.

And to put others at ease... Fear not, this is too important an issue to let Baz turn it into a clusterfeck last word thread.

The above quote of his simple "question" highlights his impartiality!

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"This IMO is fabricating a problem that isn’t there...

You have them hung before a trial. It isn’t usual for some of our fans."

Just asking questions?
Really?

I do indeed have first hand information from more than one inside source but will respect the privacy of those people.

And to put others at ease... Fear not, this is too important an issue to let Baz turn it into a clusterfeck last word thread.

The above quote of his simple "question" highlights his impartiality!

It really isn't. 😂