The Stewards

Not any sort of expert in employment contracts so I’ll ask a daft question. 

I know of certain instances where TUPE applies to transfer of business operations from one company to another. 

https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers

Is this not something that could have been done to retain the existing experienced, long-standing stewards?  Rather than scrambling around for new stewards after the season has kicked off? 

It really isn't. [emoji23]
Sadly, time will tell.
Unemployed experienced stewards replaced by a company with no stewards but recruiting, linked to a catering company taking over catering in a stadium with no ovens, linked to... ACH... enough said.

Time will tell.

For once, I actually hope you are right and the unemployed people I heard from can find jobs and move on with no bitterness!

58 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"This IMO is fabricating a problem that isn’t there...

You have them hung before a trial. It isn’t usual for some of our fans."

Just asking questions?
Really?

I do indeed have first hand information from more than one inside source but will respect the privacy of those people.

And to put others at ease... Fear not, this is too important an issue to let Baz turn it into a clusterfeck last word thread.

The above quote of his simple "question" highlights his impartiality!

Seems a few are starting to wake up & see it’s indeed you that often causes this. 

Regardless, I don’t believe you. FS is seemingly right on this occasion, storm in a teacup… Or maybe the club is indeed engaging likely zero hour contract staff in non-disclosure agreements on a massive cover up regarding stewarding. Seems likely 😂

I was talking to a fella that I know done the stewarding at St Mirren Park and works with another mob to do games at I think it was Firhill when either was away , before anyone asks I don’t know what he done when both were playing away or home , he said they were told they can apply to the new company for jobs .

I was talking to a fella that I know done the stewarding at St Mirren Park and works with another mob to do games at I think it was Firhill when either was away , before anyone asks I don’t know what he done when both were playing away or home , he said they were told they can apply to the new company for jobs .
For a lower wage.
Morally acceptable?

For a lower wage.
Morally acceptable?
AFAIK, the stewards weren't employed by the club so there really is no moral dilemma here. If you are getting a quote for some work on your house, do you ask how much they pay their staff and go with the one that pays the most?

AFAIK, the stewards weren't employed by the club so there really is no moral dilemma here. If you are getting a quote for some work on your house, do you ask how much they pay their staff and go with the one that pays the most?
Of course they weren't employed by the club.
The company they worked for was. However, some had served our club for over 20 years and personally, I think they deserved better.

24 minutes ago, animal said:

Does anyone know if Darren Baillie sole director of ASIGURA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT LTD, Airdrie, the new stewarding company, is the cousin of Jim Gillespie Chief Executive of Kibble and St. Mirren’s Vice Chairman ?

Why don't you phone and ask?

It might stop you boring the shit out of us on here.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What IF he doesn't? 😜

I like this game.😆

Again agree. People just stirring things up with no real basis. 

Funny it seems to be the people with pre-held issues with the Kibble (for whatever reason) that are making up this rubbish. 

I’m not sure that asking questions of what’s happening with our club necessary equates to stirring things up. 

I would argue that being overly trusting of essentially external parties who have influence in our club is a risk. Although I do also recognise that this is balanced with the fact that fans can’t expect to be privy to the behind the scenes aspects of the club finances and contracts.  

I don’t know anything about family connections that others have posed. It would seem however, if the mention of appointed companies is correct, we have a Darren Baillie at Asigura, a Liam Baillie at Renderworks - both winning contracts with SMFC. Both from Airdrie. Are any of our Directors from there? 

Edited by Maboza