The Stewards

6 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

You made the point using the companies house link as a justification. You did not review the companies house information that the catering company were in massive debt, had a court case hanging over them before they were bought by Sodexo. Sodexo only have revenue of circa 20 billion euros. Hardly the same as the size of companies we are debating. My point was that the Winding up order you portrayed was not an admin issue it was a real liquidity issue.

But hey this stuff happens in businesses all the time

hence my point on company sizes. You don't need to agree on this but I assure you, concluding due-diligence based only on Companies House is ridiculous. No one with half a business brain would do it. 

Edited by bazil85

I only have the information that is available on the public forum that the said companies lodged and what other companies have lodged against them. Other than that i have nothing to back up my assertions. 
I’m sorry i should have asked to read the lovely business plan, reviewed their woolly KYC policy, met with their third party funders and took their bank manager out for lunch. 
Quack Quack !!
Again, you said

"A quick due diligence check would indicate that neither company has the relevant background or financial standing to undertake the duties they have been asked to do."

You never said

"A quick check on companies house website would possibly raise some red flags about the abilities of these companies to undertake the duties they have been asked to do."

Totally different.

You never did anything like "due diligence" (quick or otherwise), you looked at one website and came to the (biased) conclusion that these companies weren't up to the tasks.

As usual, you're asserting things and then attempting to move the goalposts when asked to back up those assertions.

39 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Again, you said

"A quick due diligence check would indicate that neither company has the relevant background or financial standing to undertake the duties they have been asked to do."

You never said

"A quick check on companies house website would possibly raise some red flags about the abilities of these companies to undertake the duties they have been asked to do."

Totally different.

You never did anything like "due diligence" (quick or otherwise), you looked at one website and came to the (biased) conclusion that these companies weren't up to the tasks.

As usual, you're asserting things and then attempting to move the goalposts when asked to back up those assertions.

Time will tell if they are up to the task. If not SMISA will be asked to bank role the clubs failure.

Then we can debate the could should would. 

Edited by Brilliant Disguise

Time will tell if they are up to the task. If not SMISA will be asked to bank role the clubs failure.

Yeah, you've assumed something about an unknown, you could be right that they're not up to it ... though that doesn't change the fact that you were wrong to assert it without evidence.

54 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

hence my point on company sizes. You don't need to agree on this but I assure you, concluding due-diligence based only on Companies House is ridiculous. No one with half a business brain would do it. 

Okay. What stuff from Companies House would ring alarm bells with you, while during some quick due diligence cursory biased one sided negative review of information.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
13 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Yeah, you've assumed something about an unknown, you could be right that they're not up to it ... though that doesn't change the fact that you were wrong to assert it without evidence.

I provided an opinion.

I leave the assertions to more intelligent people like you. I am humbled by your superiority on all matters debated on here. 

Thanks Dad

13 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Okay. What stuff from Companies House would ring alarm bells with you, while during some quick due diligence cursory biased one sided negative review of information.

In isolation? Nothing (except if the company was wound up or literally bankrupt I suppose), companies house is pretty much meaningless without the other points that would form due diligence. 

See for yourself if you want. Pick a handful of small companies and go nuts. I would be surprised if you didn’t see a lot of similar postings that rang ‘alarm bells’ 

Edited by bazil85

I provided an opinion.
I leave the assertions to more intelligent people like you. I am humbled by your superiority on all matters debated on here. 
Thanks Dad
Nothing you said even insinuated that it was an opinion, you asserted it. Just accept that you were either wrong or badly worded the post.

3 minutes ago, Slarti said:
23 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:
I provided an opinion.
Thanks Dad

Nothing you said even insinuated that it was an opinion, you asserted it. Just accept that you were either wrong or badly worded the post.

It was all of the above. It was a badly worded opinion. Happy now. 

In my humble opinion the club are playing  a blinder, pats on the back all round guys.

I’m sure it will be proven that we have the best one man band of companies that do facilities management, builder works and security. If there is another one maybe they can do catering also. It will be like the Waltons. Can wait pieces in sugar at half time.

Goodnight JB

It was all of the above. It was a badly worded opinion. Happy now. 
In my humble opinion the club are playing  a blinder, pats on the back all round guys.
I’m sure it will be proven that we have the best one man band of companies that do facilities management, builder works and security. If there is another one maybe they can do catering also. It will be like the Waltons. Can wait pieces in sugar at half time.
Goodnight JB
You could have saved us both some time if you had either clarified that it was an opinion when challenged or, even better, been more precise in you original wording.

Happy has nothing to do with it, it's about facts. If you had something to back up your post then I would have been interested.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is. Not all opinions carry the same weight, though.

54 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is. Not all opinions carry the same weight, though.

Sorry Dad your opinion matters more to me than anyone else. Thanks again for correcting me master of knowledge. That’s just my opinion and not a fact. Hope everone understands.. 

No wonder this forum is dead on its feet. Bully tactics from you and your various pompous aliases over the years. Sorry my opinion again.

😇

Edited by Brilliant Disguise

Sorry Dad your opinion matters more to me than anyone else. Thanks again for correcting me master of knowledge. That’s just my opinion and not a fact. Hope everone understands.. 
No wonder this forum is dead on its feet. Bully tactics from you and your various pompous aliases over the years. Sorry my opinion again.
[emoji56]

Bully tactics? Where? Various aliases? What were they?

Give it up ffs , you were never very good at this in the first place (running away greetin about silly nicknames etc) and age hasn't improved you.

And if I WAS your dad you wouldn't have got away with the treatment you dished out to your dad.

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Bully tactics? Where? Various aliases? What were they?

Give it up ffs , you were never very good at this in the first place (running away greetin about silly nicknames etc) and age hasn't improved you.

And if I WAS your dad you wouldn't have got away with the treatment you dished out to your dad.

“That’s made my day that has.”

Your so so wrong.

What treatment would that be. Feel I’m getting. “Fitted” up with all that “Piped” up anger you have.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:58 AM, Maboza said:

More or less aligns with the areas of operations where Kibble expected to have influence I think it’s fair to say!: 

At the centre of this will be Kibble’s young workforce development model that will continue to thrive, with increased job prospects for our young people aligned with the current job market. This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance.

https://www.kibble.org/services/st-mirren-partnership/

Well, now, interestingly, enough renderwork have been working on contracts inside kibble for 4 yrs now (since Jim Gillespie became CEO) they have no track record of working in social enterprises, they have not taking on or trained any kibble YPs, in any capacity, but what they have done since kibble bought into St Mirren, is to form a stewarding company and interestingly a catering company which will be running the stalls at the ground as of the next home game. Purely coincidental I’m sure, although for someone who wants to encourage local businesses it’s nice of Jim Gillespie (a native of airdrie) to be spreading the jam to 3 of his neighbours rather than just the one.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Early days and impacted by the pandemic no doubt but from what I understand

- They supported in changing our organisational strategy including HR, funding, marketing & external relations

-  Filling of a General Manager role

- Support on work completed and ongoing at Ralston & the stadium

- Staff & player mental health support 

I feel now we are getting back to BAU, we will start to see (and there will be more we wont see behind the scenes) more benefits in the Kibble tie-up. This Stewarding contract possibly being one of them. 

1.  Really ? Marketing and external relations ? Have you been paying attention this past year ? 😂

2. You are aware he was given the bullet for being f**king hopeless I take it ?

3. Does that include the work which couldn’t be completed in time and caused the “red zone” issues ?

4. can’t comment on that one as I’m not aware of what has happened ……. But I’d wager neither are you .

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

1.  Really ? Marketing and external relations ? Have you been paying attention this past year ? 😂

2. You are aware he was given the bullet for being f**king hopeless I take it ?

3. Does that include the work which couldn’t be completed in time and caused the “red zone” issues ?

4. can’t comment on that one as I’m not aware of what has happened ……. But I’d wager neither are you .

1. Sure have, there has been some issues of course this summer but that isn't necessarily the fault of the Kibble, I'd be very surprised if it was tbh. I'm only going from what the club has said, sure they are better placed to assess the Kibbles impact so far than the fans making (negative) assumptions. 

2. David Jamieson? Really? Haven't heard that no, still on his Linkedin that he's General Manager and the most recent note from the club on him that I can find (December 2020) he's still there. 

3. I don't believe so no, from what the club has said, a lot of it is to do with historic issues with the stadium and Ralston needing significant upgrades to certain parts. Of course if you know delays are down to the Kibble, please share. 

4. Again I am only repeating what the club has reported. I choose to believe the Kibble & St Mirren aren't just making something up.

Fans have a choice on all of this, they can show trust in the club and question why they would be lying to us, or they can start to make their own narrative up... You know like your question on point 3. 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1. Sure have, there has been some issues of course this summer but that isn't necessarily the fault of the Kibble, I'd be very surprised if it was tbh. I'm only going from what the club has said, sure they are better placed to assess the Kibbles impact so far than the fans making (negative) assumptions. 

2. David Jamieson? Really? Haven't heard that no, still on his Linkedin that he's General Manager and the most recent note from the club on him that I can find (December 2020) he's still there. 

3. I don't believe so no, from what the club has said, a lot of it is to do with historic issues with the stadium and Ralston needing significant upgrades to certain parts. Of course if you know delays are down to the Kibble, please share. 

4. Again I am only repeating what the club has reported. I choose to believe the Kibble & St Mirren aren't just making something up.

Fans have a choice on all of this, they can show trust in the club and question why they would be lying to us, or they can start to make their own narrative up... You know like your question on point 3. 

Understatement of the year

Bazil ever thought of being a politician.Blinkered, selective and able to spin any story

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

David Jamiesons LinkedIn also says he has a demonstrable history of working in the entertainment industry, despite his only employer ever being kibble, so I’d be taking that quote with a pinch of salt. He’s been replaced by Lindsey McLean who, to be fair, has at least worked at some point outside of kibble.

45 minutes ago, Tonysaintee65 said:

David Jamiesons LinkedIn also says he has a demonstrable history of working in the entertainment industry, despite his only employer ever being kibble, so I’d be taking that quote with a pinch of salt. He’s been replaced by Lindsey McLean who, to be fair, has at least worked at some point outside of kibble.

I haven’t seen anything regarding him being replaced & a search online, I can’t find much on Lindsey but if that’s the chat fair enough. I also haven’t seen anything about him being ‘hopeless’ 

You obviously don't know that the Kibble had an entertainment venue that he was the General Manager of.

So you can put the salt away. [emoji1787]