The Stewards

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
7 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Can anyone shine some light on why some St Mirren fans are so anti-Kibble? Is there something from our or their past that has meant a small number of our fans just won’t give them a chance?

How many are anonymous trolls?

Aye, coz you're name is Cookie Monster. :lol:

Anti-Kibble witch hunt is getting a bit boring 

If they're looking to save the club money I don't have an issue

Stewards are only there because we have to have them, our home crowd perfectly capable of self policing

We should be running the club at the lowest cost possible

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Can anyone shine some light on why some St Mirren fans are so anti-Kibble? Is there something from our or their past that has meant a small number of our fans just won’t give them a chance?

I’m not seeing this as an anti Kibble campaign. There are 2 separate issues with the club that could be be completely unrelated. 

One is the ticketing and allocation issue which was as you have advise was the result of mitigating circumstances.

The other is why business that have traded with SMFC for years (rightly or wrongly is another debate) have been disposed of and replaced with incubator companies formed originally out of Kibbleworks. The tie up with Kibble is fantastic and can have great benefits to the club. however it cannot be at the expense of losing that connection to local businesses and local people. The club cannot be a Kibble experiment like other initiatives that did not quite work out.

Edited by Brilliant Disguise

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Anti-Kibble witch hunt is getting a bit boring 

If they're looking to save the club money I don't have an issue

Stewards are only there because we have to have them, our home crowd perfectly capable of self policing

We should be running the club at the lowest cost possible

100% agree.

However we should also be running the club as a professional competent business. This includes getting the simple things right by paying the CORRECT cost for the works that are required.

48 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

100% agree.

However we should also be running the club as a professional competent business. This includes getting the simple things right by paying the CORRECT cost for the works that are required.

Is this a follow on from your "opinion" regarding what might be the case, a negative assumption or have you got actual evidence we have tried to underpay and lowball required works? 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Is this a follow on from your "opinion" regarding what might be the case, a negative assumption or have you got actual evidence we have tried to underpay and lowball required works? 

Bazil. Your a bit touchy. Where have I stated that the club underpay and lowball works. I don’t know who or what the club pay for services nor do i have any knowledge how to run a business. 

I stated the Club, like any other business, SHOULD be run as a competent professional business. Do successful businesses not do the  simple things right and work to their strengths by recognising and paying the relevant professionals to undertake the tasks they require done.

42 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Bazil. Your a bit touchy. Where have I stated that the club underpay and lowball works. I don’t know who or what the club pay for services nor do i have any knowledge how to run a business. 

I stated the Club, like any other business, SHOULD be run as a competent professional business. Do successful businesses not do the  simple things right and work to their strengths by recognising and paying the relevant professionals to undertake the tasks they require done.

I'm struggling with your point then, instead of dancing around it why don't you just make one. 

"This includes getting the simple things right by paying the CORRECT cost for the works that are required."

" The other is why business that have traded with SMFC for years (rightly or wrongly is another debate) have been disposed of and replaced"

"Time will tell if they are up to the task. If not SMISA will be asked to bank role the clubs failure."

"The club have hardly been squeaky clean since the start of the pandemic"

What are you actually getting at with all these and more? Are you just trying to put the cat among the Pigeon's?

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Whoever oversaw the building of the new stadium should have introduced a routine maintenance schedule for all areas.

The routine maintenance lies with the Club not an individual. 

Maybe all of these issues: tickets, strips, crowd numbers, the changes in match day suppliers, the accounting issue identified last year, the boiler issue, the emergency light issue and the other legacy issues are the positive result of the Kibble asking questions on the previous running of the club.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm struggling with your point then, instead of dancing around it why don't you just make one. 

"This includes getting the simple things right by paying the CORRECT cost for the works that are required."

" The other is why business that have traded with SMFC for years (rightly or wrongly is another debate) have been disposed of and replaced"

"Time will tell if they are up to the task. If not SMISA will be asked to bank role the clubs failure."

"The club have hardly been squeaky clean since the start of the pandemic"

What are you actually getting at with all these and more? Are you just trying to put the cat among the Pidgeon's?

No point to make. Just trying to rattle your pigeon cage.

Meow !!!!

2 hours ago, Slash said:

Whoever oversaw the building of the new stadium should have introduced a routine maintenance schedule for all areas. 

Work in one of the biggest factories in Renfrewshire, where routine maintenance is next to nothing. Only fix it when it breaks.  

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

They do say common sense is not very common.

What happens at your factory when someone dies as a result of failing to adhere to a routine maintenance schedule?

The club have a duty of care to ensure that emergency lighting and stadium safety always meets requirements.

The undersoil heating issue was also a result of an approach “only fix it when it breaks”.

Maybe I’m old school, but I I check my boiler and pipes on a regular basis and get an annual safety check carried out by a registered engineer. Same goes with my car. I check tyres, oil, brakes, lights etc on regular basis and but also make sure it is serviced according to the manufacturer maintenance schedule. Do you just drive your car until if breaks down? Do you not bother getting your heating checked out by a professional on a regular basis?

There is no getting away from the fact that St Mirren FC Ltd have failed to do so in the areas highlighted. 

Have “historical  stadium” issues resulted in lower capacity issues thereby impacting our customer base!

I have to agree, the good point is that the current safety team have pointed out some issues that seem to indicate a lack of a safety management system or an asset management programme.  Hopefully the response will be to fix the systemic issues and not just respond to the symptoms of the problem.

11 minutes ago, Slash said:

They do say common sense is not very common.

What happens at your factory when someone dies as a result of failing to adhere to a routine maintenance schedule?

The club have a duty of care to ensure that emergency lighting and stadium safety always meets requirements.

The undersoil heating issue was also a result of an approach “only fix it when it breaks”.

Maybe I’m old school, but I I check my boiler and pipes on a regular basis and get an annual safety check carried out by a registered engineer. Same goes with my car. I check tyres, oil, brakes, lights etc on regular basis and but also make sure it is serviced according to the manufacturer maintenance schedule. Do you just drive your car until if breaks down? Do you not bother getting your heating checked out by a professional on a regular basis?

There is no getting away from the fact that St Mirren FC Ltd have failed to do so in the areas highlighted. 

Have “historical  stadium” issues resulted in lower capacity issues thereby impacting our customer base!

Seems strange talking about "historical stadium" issues for a stadium that is younger than my dog. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Slash said:

I never fail to do any of the above, when it belongs to me and it's my money am spending.   But I don't own the factory or facility company, I don't hold the purse.    

23 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Not necessarily.  John Glenn once said "As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder".

The real point of tendering shouldn't be just about the lowest price, but about getting the best value for the right product or service, and getting what you need when you need it.

the very fact that Bawzil wasnt aware of Point #2 would mean they were shite at point #1 . The fact that they still haven’t announced his replacement far less him going, backs up that point #1 .

As for his LinkedIn post still showing as GM at St.M.  ?  I think that tells us all we need to know about said individual. Btw, you do know LinkedIn profiles are put there by the individual concerned and are occasionally embellished 🙄

Right , I’m off to update my LinkedIn and tell the world I’ve been King of Siam for 10 years . I’m sure some gullible idiot will believe it . 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

the very fact that Bawzil wasnt aware of Point #2 would mean they were shite at point #1 . The fact that they still haven’t announced his replacement far less him going, backs up that point #1 .
As for his LinkedIn post still showing as GM at St.M.  ?  I think that tells us all we need to know about said individual. Btw, you do know LinkedIn profiles are put there by the individual concerned and are occasionally embellished [emoji849]
Right , I’m off to update my LinkedIn and tell the world I’ve been King of Siam for 10 years . I’m sure some gullible idiot will believe it . 
But surely it is more reliable than Companies House as a source? [emoji850]