The Stewards

14 minutes ago, mattman said:

Find the club have been so unprepared for this season, it’s as if they expected to have no fans, I’m pretty sure the carrs announced retirement early on in the year yet it’s taken them this long to sort out the kiosks, I might be wrong there but I’m sure the club/kibble where saying the plan was to bring in our own staff and giving opportunities to youngsters to work at the club from the kibble not sub let every part of the business out. 

To be fair kibble did envision this, but it was a nonsense notion from the start, they had absolutely no notion of the costs involved or the legalities, let alone the staffing levels! 
non starter from the outset, 

Surely subletting is more costly than keeping the existing staff?

Punting them all at once was mental. Left with no club staff, no clarity, and a lot of pissed off folk around the community - a lot of the folk that have been punted are St Mirren supporters

We need a comprehensive & honest update from the club

17 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Surely subletting is more costly than keeping the existing staff?

Punting them all at once was mental. Left with no club staff, no clarity, and a lot of pissed off folk around the community - a lot of the folk that have been punted are St Mirren supporters

We need a comprehensive & honest update from the club

I think you have hit the nail on the head ,is it to the cheapest  price at the expense  of the local community  ??

15 hours ago, Tonysaintee65 said:

God, no, although mark McMillan ( yes that one! ) did try to get kibbles catering staff to supply pies etc, 

he was genuinely surprised to find out they couldn’t, due to having kids to feed etc.

although kibble catering chefs will be doing hospitality, directors etc, wouldn’t expect that to last more than a few games,

I can see west of Scotland having to come back in.

Mark McMillan  should be allowed  any where near our club!

19 hours ago, Tonysaintee65 said:

God, no, although mark McMillan ( yes that one! ) did try to get kibbles catering staff to supply pies etc, 

he was genuinely surprised to find out they couldn’t, due to having kids to feed etc.

although kibble catering chefs will be doing hospitality, directors etc, wouldn’t expect that to last more than a few games,

I can see west of Scotland having to come back in.

I can confirm that hospitality and the team’s catering etc will be done by kibbles own catering staff, the kiosks etc are an entirely separate contract, I do know that the executive chef and head chef for kibble are 2 hugely experienced fellas at the top of their game and if, IF, giving a fair run at this, we,  the fans, will see good things hitting the tables on match days and, importantly more revenue for the club through hospitality, so as confusing as all the kibble talk is just now, I wish Donald, Gordon and the kibble team all the best! 
COYS

15 minutes ago, Jeanbleu said:

I can confirm that hospitality and the team’s catering etc will be done by kibbles own catering staff, the kiosks etc are an entirely separate contract, I do know that the executive chef and head chef for kibble are 2 hugely experienced fellas at the top of their game and if, IF, giving a fair run at this, we,  the fans, will see good things hitting the tables on match days and, importantly more revenue for the club through hospitality, so as confusing as all the kibble talk is just now, I wish Donald, Gordon and the kibble team all the best! 
COYS

That’s positive to hear at least! 

Out of interest, where do these guys normally work for Kibble in terms of delivering restaurant service?  

I’m sure I’ve read that Kibble have a catering service which is presumably geared towards delivering services to their facilities but I’m wondering if it’s one and the same thing? 

38 minutes ago, Maboza said:

That’s positive to hear at least! 

Out of interest, where do these guys normally work for Kibble in terms of delivering restaurant service?  

I’m sure I’ve read that Kibble have a catering service which is presumably geared towards delivering services to their facilities but I’m wondering if it’s one and the same thing? 

Right well, here’s the background!
Donald Munro (executive chef) genuinely is a top level, fine dining chef, he’s cooked at the highest level in London, Dubai and Skibo castle, when “the experience” was being developed as an entertainment venue for kibbles YPs Donald was looking for a less stressful working environment to spend more time with his family, the experience had a training kitchen for the young people and a large restaurant, serving the venue, doing large scale catering events, including “do’s” for st Mirren, braehead clan ? (Ice hockey team I think that’s the name!) STV used it as well. 
They’ve been feeding the team, youth academy and training facility since the kibble buy in without any difficulties, so I don’t see any downside to this, 

My main point is that while there is a lot of questions about the kibble tie-in, this is just folk doing there job, hopefully doing it well, money in the bank, young folk getting training and the fans getting well fed. 

16 minutes ago, Jeanbleu said:

Donald Munro (executive chef) genuinely is a top level, fine dining chef, he’s cooked at the highest level in London, Dubai and Skibo castle, when “the experience” was being developed as an entertainment venue for kibbles YPs Donald was looking for a less stressful working environment to spend more time with his family, the experience had a training kitchen for the young people and a large restaurant, serving the venue, doing large scale catering events, including “do’s” for st Mirren, braehead clan ? (Ice hockey team I think that’s the name!) STV used it as well. 
They’ve been feeding the team, youth academy and training facility since the kibble buy in without any difficulties, so I don’t see any downside to this, 

My main point is that while there is a lot of questions about the kibble tie-in, this is just folk doing there job, hopefully doing it well, money in the bank, young folk getting training and the fans getting well fed. 

More importantly, I’ve been a buddie a lot longer than I’ve worked for kibble and if they make a baws of this ? 
there’s going to be hell to pay! 

Good to hear and encouraging.
I agree. Hopefully.
Wee query.
Any idea why when the season dates have been known for months, things were not in place for the first home match?

Some really positive comments highlighting a lot of value add some fans have been asking for sight of regarding the kibble. 

No denying it has been a challenging summer & there were always going to be fans passing that blame onto the Kibble. Think that was quite predictable from the (seemingly an extreme minority against the proposal) backlash after the announcement. 

There will still be bumps in the road going forward as we imbed the new ownership model further, no question about that but here is hoping most St Mirren fans give it a decent chance & don’t jump to conclusions.

Let’s not forget, changing our operating model to utilise the Kibbles contacts and expertise was pretty much one of the main selling point of the arrangement. We will see that play out with contractual/ personal changes & naturally it isn’t always going to be 100% smooth sailing. 

I know it mught be a novel idea but why does Jim Gillespie Chief Executive of Kibble and vice chairmain of St. Mirren not come on here and explain away the exodus of almost all the staff, the ticket fiasco, the unfinshed work at Ralston (ran out of wood I hear), the real reason the catering outlets had no equipment in them, the real reason the pie etc. supplier would not deal with the Kibble pals, the stwarding fiasco (Is the ground operating legally on Sunday ?), why the club doctor has left etc etc etc etc. what involvement his family members now have in the club - and that's just for starters !

But no, a Kibble employee and loyal supporter(aye right) has to sign up to tell us the backgound of the chef. You could not make this up. Fans owned club - don't make me laugh. Where is Mr. Gilmour when you need him.

I know it mught be a novel idea but why does Jim Gillespie Chief Executive of Kibble and vice chairmain of St. Mirren not come on here and explain away the exodus of almost all the staff, the ticket fiasco, the unfinshed work at Ralston (ran out of wood I hear), the real reason the catering outlets had no equipment in them, the real reason the pie etc. supplier would not deal with the Kibble pals, the stwarding fiasco (Is the ground operating legally on Sunday ?), why the club doctor has left etc etc etc etc. what involvement his family members now have in the club - and that's just for starters !
But no, a Kibble employee and loyal supporter(aye right) has to sign up to tell us the backgound of the chef. You could not make this up. Fans owned club - don't make me laugh. Where is Mr. Gilmour when you need him.

I share your concern about the chair of vice influence.

Would be very reassuring to hear from him directly.

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Hardly think this is the place for anyone from the club to answer questions. 

It would be interesting to hear a Q&A at the club though. They were happy enough to field questions during the sales pitch.  

Indeed, where would this lead to, having to answer all sorts of unsubstantiated mince? 

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

It would be interesting to hear a Q&A at the club though. They were happy enough to field questions during the sales pitch.  

There’s one on Monday at the stadium. 

Who said here?

Our former Chairman, current Chairman and General Manager have all released press statements aimed at supporters over recent years.

Why not our Vice Chair, to introduce himself and allay concerns?

24 minutes ago, animal said:

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Who said here?

Our former Chairman, current Chairman and General Manager have all released press statements aimed at supporters over recent years.

Why not our Vice Chair, to introduce himself and allay concerns?

I was referring to post above. 

12 minutes ago, animal said:

Well bud, like a lot of folks here my names on the wall, been following st Mirren since the early 80s, 

Started on the clarkes bus, survived the “reeking in Brechin” trip, teamed up briefly with JBs 

we moved to the wee barrel, watched Tom Henry pour the worst pint in history while propping up mark yardley!

left there when the owner turned *** and kicked us out for the price of a sausage roll

Headed over to the old onetwo onetwo, before moving to Lang’s and settled down there ever since! 
don’t normally post in forums, because it means interacting with folk like yourself, never a pleasant experience, but felt an injection of positivity was called for.

No. I can’t see him doing so. I think we need to apply pressure at the SMiSA meeting on 6th September for answers.
Perhaps what is needed is a clear the air Q&A meeting with General Manager, CEO, Chairman and vice chairman. Very much doubt we will get that. 
Anything that opens channels of communication is a move in the right direction.

Right now, Alistair Campbell's spin for Bliar was more informative!

3 hours ago, Jeanbleu said:

COYS

Welcome to the forum, pal! It's good to see some positivity. 

I wouldn't worry about the lukewarm reception; I was accused of being another poster for months,, so it's fair to say folk on here tend to be more than a little suspicious. However, it is an internet forum and there are more than a few 'characters' on here...as in the fictional type, so in a way it's understandable.