Celtic v St.Mirren

pod

Is today not the 1st time we've not scored this season?
Possibly, Probably but when you watch St Mirren miss 4 easier chances against Livingston in 1 half than Hearts, Dundee, Livingston and Celtic had that actually led to goals it would suggest we can't score but the opposition doesn't work to difficult for their goals.

You are probably happy with the performances and results so far you spent days telling me an opening day defeat to Hibs couple of years back was a great performance.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Possibly, Probably but when you watch St Mirren miss 4 easier chances against Livingston in 1 half than Hearts, Dundee, Livingston and Celtic had that actually led to goals it would suggest we can't score but the opposition doesn't work to difficult for their goals.

You are probably happy with the performances and results so far you spent days telling me an opening day defeat to Hibs couple of years back was a great performance.

And you said Obika was shite until you changed your mind.

We were decent against Hibs that day and Obika was always decent. 

Your opinions change like the wind.

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I would suggest i meet u outside  the ground but you probably dont know where we play....  😄

Did u inherit being this stupid? Is your village not wanting it's idiot back, was hoping for a vattle of wit's but u really are unarmed ya fud!!

Obika was shite for 6 months my opinions don't change about you though still an absolute roaster.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, munoz said:

Obika was shite for 6 months my opinions don't change about you though still an absolute roaster.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, munoz said:

I reckon you're a rugby fan Ronnie.  Am I right?

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, munoz said:

And less of the roaster,  or I'll get God Of War to sort you out,  he seems hard like yourself..🤣👍🇾🇪

During those 6 months, some of us saw potentially and asked for patience and support.
I watched live every single match Obika played that season still doesn't excuse the fact the guy missed probably 15 absolute sitters in those first 6 months hence he was shite. Just because he became our best goalscoring striker doesn't change that.

Let's ask Super Jim his thoughts as he punted him first chance he got and now has 4 non scoring strikers to pick from.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I watched live every single match Obika played that season still doesn't excuse the fact the guy missed probably 15 absolute sitters in those first 6 months hence he was shite. Just because he became our best goalscoring striker doesn't change that.

Let's ask Super Jim his thoughts as he punted him first chance he got and now has 4 non scoring strikers to pick from.

I don't think St Mirren is your team Ronald. 

Obika is shite,  Obika is the answer. 

You slated him and now you're saying we should have kept him? 

You're all over the the place " you absolute roaster" 

I don't think St Mirren is your team Ronald. 
Obika is shite,  Obika is the answer. 
You slated him and now you're saying we should have kept him? 
You're all over the the place " you absolute roaster" 

You still here? Thought you would be reminiscing over St Mirren greatest defeats dvd.

16 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Over defensive/defeatist attitude against a team who are not good enough to compete in Europe.

There's an element of truth in this but, as Celtic have now a settled/improved squad they did have a decent result in Europe midweek.

Look at their results since losing, on agg, to Mitdjylland they have scored 24 goals in 6 games, 3 of these games in Europe. 

My issue is it feels that the 3-5-2, as we play it, is very narrow some how. We have players in the wing back position not willing to take a run and try get by players. They are looking for the pass. This then instead of dragging say McGrath and Kiltie wide to be options for them, drags the strikers out wide, rendering them useless.

I believe if we are to play 3-5-2 that it really needs to be a 3-4-1-2. We should have 2 anchoring Midfielders as Power cannot do it all alone. The 2 anchoring Midfielders can then, if the wing backs are attacking, cover the wings if need be.

I feel the anchoring Midfielders don't need to be two defensive midfielders, but we maybe need a box to box there too. I feel Kiltie and McGrath cannot play in the same team and Kiltie is a ghost because they are.

I feel if the wing backs cannot run with the ball, but can cross, then we need the attacking midfielder to run the line across the pitch higher up the pitch as being an option to the wing back out wide to pass to, hold the ball up or run with to allow the wing back to over lap or have an inverted run.

This would allow the strikers to do what they need to do rather than supporting out wide. This would allow Main to really be nipping the defense all game. Being able to hold the ball up etc. This would allow Brophy to always be trying to get in behind off of this too.

I feel this would make us more effective.
Kiltie is a sub for McGrath in my eyes... Or McAllister is to sit behind the strikers.

Saying that all about the 3-5-2, I feel we need 3/4 more players to give us change options if formation isn't working. Sadly we wouldn't have the budget for it.

* Pacey RWB that actually fits into this 3-5-2 formation.

* LB. A more defensive left footed LB. A left sided Fraser if it exists. Allow Tanser to move up and be a LM/LW. This would allow us to play 4 solid players along the back in another formation.

* We need either a solid no nonsense CDM to play along side Power or a box to box midfielder who can push the ball up the park. Get away from McGrath and Kiltie in the same line up

* Pacey RM/RW. This would allow to change to back 4 and have width with Fraser at RB of back 4.

* If it exists in our budget a big, strong and pacey forward who can play with someone or play alone up front.

9 hours ago, munoz said:

And less of the roaster,  or I'll get God Of War to sort you out,  he seems hard like yourself..🤣👍🇾🇪

Another obsessed fan, no need to feel threatened, i pose you no harm and neither does Ronnie. Calm down wee guy, it's ok...

Unfortunately our ineptness was magnified by a rare disastrous first half by the usually solid Alnwick. Going down to ten men didn't help but the signs were there well before the sending off. Christie should have had at least a yellow and, whilst I don't think it would have changed the course of the match, Main's goal should have stood giving him a confidence boost and the first goal monkey off his back as far as the league is concerned. A really bad day at the office and the players and manager need to take a good look at themselves. Moreso the manager as I think we have a square peg, round hole situation here. Goodwin needs to adapt his tactics to his personnel. FWIW, I think our strikers will score goals if they get the service but they are constantly having to go get the ball from wide or deep positions until desperation sets in and the ball is punted aimlessly up, more in hope than judgement. A recipe for disaster.

Bad day yesterday but it's not going to define our season. But if we don't get at least 3 new players in especially 2 wide men it going to be a poor season. Tanser is a full back who has good crossing ability but not a out and out wide man. As for Collum waste of oxygen. Alnwick had his worse game. Ethan was poor but understands being down to 10 men. On to Sunday

Saying the offside goal didn’t affect the outcome is irrelevant. The rules of the game don’t change just because one team is superior to the other. Fact is the offside decision was appalling, not even close to offside. And, surprise surprise the highlights didn’t show the Christie challenge. Nice to see nothing has changed since I was going regularly. 
officiating still stinks. 

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

One of the early positives  last year was a good goal difference ,we need to get back to being hard to break down and give up on this expans8 type of football we are trying to play.

What? Its long ball garbage...

22 hours ago, munoz said:

I know this is a controversial opinion, but I think Obika was overrated! He was certainly not shite, but despite scoring some important goals, he was not as precious as some make him out to be. 

Anyway, just watched the highlights and I'm furious. It's probably already been said, so I will apologise in advance for my wee rant, but we were playing against 12 men! It wasn't a red card and we scored a perfectly good goal. We lost out on a top-six place last season on goal difference! Willie Collum is a disgrace. 😠

58 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Its been a disappointing start to the season - Im ashamed to say I am not particularly looking forward to my first trip to SMP since 'that' Hearts game.

When ypu sign 3 or 4 inferior players to what you had before you are going to struggle. Add in the manager has no clue about tactics or what formation to use its always going be bad.