St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August

18 minutes ago, Slash said:

You would think the club would at least let people know. Not everyone has a season ticket.

It would be polite to let St Johnstone fans know one way or another as it affects those who run supporters buses. 

Fair comment.

1 hour ago, Slash said:

You would think the club would at least let people know. Not everyone has a season ticket.

It would be polite to let St Johnstone fans know one way or another as it affects those who run supporters buses. 

I suspect that a good portion of the Main Stand needs to be used as 'the red zone', that I've heard about. In which case perhaps the away stand will be used for home fans? I'd like to think the club are just being very cautious, and ensuring they're observing protocol. However, you're absolutely correct about showing courtesy to away fans.

4 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I am hoping for us to win as this will be the first game for us in our season ticket seats. Im going to try think positive and go for 2-0 to us.

My son thinks it will be 6-0 to us. Main to get 2, Fraser to get 3 (his favourite player) and Tanser to get 1... He is 7 and still thinks St. Mirren are a really great team. emoji1787.png

Anyone know if the food outlets will be open as he is dying to get a hotdog at the game randomly. emoji1787.png

Maybe we could beat your son's school team but it would be close 😉

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Saint Johnstone have, thus far, sold three tickets for the game:

137302054_Screenshot2021-08-2413_27_22.thumb.png.4d9f9d54f8cdae47edbf12383482cc3e.png

We seemingly are doing a " Celtic" on the St Johnstone fans, no tickets for them.

Around 18 seats sold directly behind goals so far and all available to purchase ATM. Wonder where all the M4 -6 season ticket holders are moving to, better not be my seat, can see some issues come Sunday.

Edited by alanb

36 minutes ago, alanb said:

We seemingly are doing a " Celtic" on the St Johnstone fans, no tickets for them.

Around 18 seats sold directly behind goals so far and all available to purchase ATM. Wonder where all the M4 -6 season ticket holders are moving to, better not be my seat, can see some issues come Sunday.

On the ticketing site it's earmarked a section for away fans.

Edited by W6er

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

I saw that too but according to StJ tweet they have no allocation 

They may of course be mistaken and not understanding SMFC communications.

The tweet is still there online ATM

7 minutes ago, alanb said:

I saw that too but according to StJ tweet they have no allocation 

They may of course be mistaken and not understanding SMFC communications.

The tweet is still there online ATM

That certainly looks like it should be an away allocation. Besides, I cannot see us selling out our stands, so why not give it to them? Shocking.

49 minutes ago, alanb said:

Better not be my seat, oooo your hard!

20 minutes ago, W6er said:

Also

it appears that tickets can be purchased by anyone, when normally the away stand seats are unavailable for us to buy and I see from Twitter at least one St Johnstone fan has purchased tickets 

Edited by alanb

10 minutes ago, alanb said:

Also

it appears that tickets can be purchased by anyone, when normally the away stand seats are unavailable for us to buy and I see from Twitter at least one St Johnstone fan has purchased tickets 

This is turning out to be a bit of a fiasco! LOL I mean, I can sort of see why St. Johnstone's fans might believe it to be allocated to away supporters:

1962870667_Screenshot2021-08-2418_29_47.png.97098a25740c3b9f3924e2c97a87c5cb.png

[emoji1787] [emoji1787] [emoji1787]
I think the decent thing to do here is concede we have cocked up and allocate seats for away supporters, if we really haven't actually done that already. From P&B, including banter from [mention=14600]munoz[/mention]:
339538726_Screenshot2021-08-2418_39_05.thumb.png.afcbad4f52055e7c4d2d66e7840f4b98.png

Yet on the chairman’s update thread you were suggesting teething problems are to be expected ? Yes we all agree with that, but , here’s yet another example of poor communication which comes with consequences mixing fans and Covid issues etc ….

At what point does someone spot and fix all these issues ? Keeping fans apart has happened for decades so hardly new requirements

6 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Yet on the chairman’s update thread you were suggesting teething problems are to be expected ? Yes we all agree with that, but , here’s yet another example of poor communication which comes with consequences mixing fans and Covid issues etc ….

At what point does someone spot and fix all these issues ? Keeping fans apart has happened for decades so hardly new requirements

Indeed. There will inevitably be away fans in that section now, I would think.

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

No one taking accountability 

Surely someone has got to be checking the system doesn't say "away" before putting tickets live and excluding away fans

To be fair, from reading P&B it would appear that it's a contractor who's cocking this up - apparently St. Johnstone use them too, and they have had problems with them. But it certainly is a shambles. I 100% cannot blame any Saintees fans who make the journey over from Perth now. As they're e-tickets, it's not like they can correct the error, either. Imagine you're a Saintees fan who buys a ticket, gets an email with his ticket details and then doesn't give it a second thought before travelling down on Sunday? I'd be raging if that was me and I was refused entry.

7 minutes ago, alanb said:

Thanks for the confirmation 

Now how many tickets can we buy… dearie me

Refund department may be busy tomorrow 

Also, this from P&B which was apparently amended:

stsawayfans.thumb.jpg.77c735914ecae09ae9de093c51eaab3d.jpg

I do vaguely recall reading that.