St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August

12 hours ago, W6er said:

To be fair, from reading P&B it would appear that it's a contractor who's cocking this up - apparently St. Johnstone use them too, and they have had problems with them. But it certainly is a shambles. I 100% cannot blame any Saintees fans who make the journey over from Perth now. As they're e-tickets, it's not like they can correct the error, either. Imagine you're a Saintees fan who buys a ticket, gets an email with his ticket details and then doesn't give it a second thought before travelling down on Sunday? I'd be raging if that was me and I was refused entry.

Your highlighting of a contractor, i.e. Ticketing provider is probably correct.

Previously the ticket section of our website was password protected for account holders only, i.e. Saint Mirren ST holders and fans. This new one is open to all and as such all can purchase a ticket for any available seat in the ground. Away section was normally dealt with by away team and we had no access to buy seats in the away end.

1 hour ago, alanb said:

Previously the ticket section of our website was password protected for account holders only, i.e. Saint Mirren ST holders and fans. This new one is open to all and as such all can purchase a ticket for any available seat in the ground. Away section was normally dealt with by away team and we had no access to buy seats in the away end.

It doesn’t explain why St.Mirren originally said there was tickets for away fans and then amended that to say that there wasn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Maboza said:

It doesn’t explain why St.Mirren originally said there was tickets for away fans and then amended that to say that there wasn’t. 

Who gives a feck!

11 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Why use a picture of a player who's no longer at the club :lol: 

I don't see what is funny about that.

I just see St Mirren v St Johnstone match action on the front cover of a St Mirren v St Johnstone Official Match Programme..

2 hours ago, shull said:

I don't see what is funny about that.

I just see St Mirren v St Johnstone match action on the front cover of a St Mirren v St Johnstone Official Match Programme..

An official St Mirren match programme shouldn't have a Morecambe player on the front cover 

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

An official St Mirren match programme shouldn't have a Morecambe player on the front cover 

What?! Clearly Obika was playing for us when the picture was taken, so it's a picture of a St. Mirren player! 

By your logic if I were you to show you a picture of Obika as a baby you'd claim it was a picture of a man, as he's now an adult. 

On 8/24/2021 at 6:18 PM, alanb said:

Also

it appears that tickets can be purchased by anyone, when normally the away stand seats are unavailable for us to buy and I see from Twitter at least one St Johnstone fan has purchased tickets 

Saintees supporting MP for Paisley North, Gavin Newlands, has admitted to buying a ticket for the North Stand.

12 hours ago, alanb said:

Well that loophole better get closed long before either of the b(h)igots are due in town.

47 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Saintees supporting MP for Paisley North, Gavin Newlands, has admitted to buying a ticket for the North Stand.

Good for him. I hope a good number of St.Johnstone fans do likewise and bring some much welcome revenue to the club despite our best efforts to balls things up. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

As have others on Twitter 

Its not a surprise or a secret 

The website allows ticket sales to anyone unlike the previous one 

14 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Have checked Morcombe’s lineups for the last couple of games and haven’t seen Non’s name - anyone know if he’s injured, unfit or just deemed not good enough ?

He has been up in Paisley this week posing for photos regarding our Official Match Programme.

32 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Have checked Morcombe’s lineups for the last couple of games and haven’t seen Non’s name - anyone know if he’s injured, unfit or just deemed not good enough ?

He has a bad injury be out for a while.

Really disappointed with the way the club has behaved and (again) communicated over this.

Firstly all season ticket holders are told they can get into the game, but the general sale information is just bolted on to the end of that announcement, anyone visiting the club website as a PAYG punter wouldn't even know they can buy tickets for the match on Sunday. Very poor IMO.

As far as the seating plan is concerned it looks very much like every stand except the Main Stand is fully open with zero restrictions - so why not just say that instead of "every season ticket holder will get in"? Such a strange way of communicating what should have been very welcome (and overdue) news!?

We still don't have season ticket cards - which is another shambles - we've had 18 months to sort out our new ticketing platform and get things all in place - yet everything has been rushed at the very last minute meaning season tickets were late - we had the re-registration mess - and now we don't even have our season ticket cards going into September FFS.

Yes we can apparently use our barcode to get in - you think everyone will still have that to hand? Will everyone know that's what they're supposed to do?

I expect long queues at the gates on Sunday with inevitable delays as folk try and get in. Ridiculous.

And as for the treatment of the away fans - frankly I'm just embarassed about how we've played that. Even if the whole of the main stand was ruled out as a red zone (which it isn't) there would be plenty room in the South and West Stands to accommodate every St.Mirren fan who wants to go to this game, leaving the North Stand for the away supporters.

Just because we got shafted by Celtic last weekend doesn't mean we should take the same approach. It's absolutely shite behaviour to be locking out away supporters, not to mention the loss of revenue we'll take from such a selfish approach.

We're now going to have plenty of available seats in the West and South, whilst locking out the away fans from the North.

These are not the actions of a well run competent top flight football club. IMO.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:07 PM, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I am hoping for us to win as this will be the first game for us in our season ticket seats. Im going to try think positive and go for 2-0 to us.

My son thinks it will be 6-0 to us. Main to get 2, Fraser to get 3 (his favourite player) and Tanser to get 1... He is 7 and still thinks St. Mirren are a really great team. emoji1787.png

Anyone know if the food outlets will be open as he is dying to get a hotdog at the game randomly. emoji1787.png

Watch it

the food police will be along dictating how often your son should take on board some scran