St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August

3 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

After St Johnstone’s efforts on Thursday it would be ideal to hit them at pace, unfortunately something we seem to lack. 
They will likely sit in and take a point.
We don’t seem able to break teams down.

I fear a rather boring game with 1 goal either way to win it.

Agree they will want to sit in and pace is not something we have right now. Do we have the guile to break them down hmmm right now bit unsure hopefully today it clicks and we get the win. 

10 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Unless my forced self isolation is affecting me that line up seems to have 7 first and foremost defensively minded players in there 

I think so. However my guess it will be actually more attacking than that, possibly a 3-4-1-2 of Alnwick; McCarthy, Shaughnessy, Dunne; Fraser, Tait, Erhahon, Tanser; McGrath; Main, Brophy. 

Tait in defensive midfield would be a surprise, but its the only way i can see this team fitting together.

14 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Unless my forced self isolation is affecting me that line up seems to have 7 first and foremost defensively minded players in there 

Goodwin is an utter shite bag another game trying not to lose instead of going for it.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think so. However my guess it will be actually more attacking than that, possibly a 3-4-1-2 of Alnwick; McCarthy, Shaughnessy, Dunne; Fraser, Tait, Erhahon, Tanser; McGrath; Main, Brophy. 

Tait in defensive midfield would be a surprise, but its the only way i can see this team fitting together.

Yeah, just said the same on P&B. It's the simplest explanation for a frankly baffling selection.