St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Really was a tail of two halves. Should have been out of sight at the break, second half was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long, long time. Midfield completely absent, lucky to get out with a draw. 

Hard to defend why Goodwin didn’t change it, switching the strikers was pointless when they were getting next to no service from the middle. 

Desperately hope new recruits next week. 

When he did change it... we got a lot worse and couldn't get out our own half, or string 2 passes together,  Don't think Jim has the faintest idea how to put a attacking team on the park, 

Far too many players in his own image in the team at the same time and nowhere near enough creativity in the team, and brutal to watch to boot

Wait 18 months to be served up that f**king garbage. 7 defenders on the park. No wide men. Get the ball in our own half and hump and the park aimlessly. A center half playing in midfield. Tait playing as a winger. 2nd half Goody played for a draw so he will be happy. 36 hours to get at least 3 players or prepare for a relegation. Absolute dross. Goody will tell us how well we played. If he thinks that he needs his eyes tested. We tired cos of our big game on Thursday. Oh wait. That was St.johnstone. Hopeless

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I don't think a point at home to the team that won two trophies last season is pathetic, the performance is closer to pathetic so maybe a point is a bonus. 

Against the top 4 yes but a point against the rest is if we have any ambition to progress

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

Against the top 4 yes but a point against the rest is if we have any ambition to progress

I would go one further and say top 2.  The rest really aren't unbeatable just some have, and yes I will say it, better managers and coaching staff that can adapt. 

Don't know why everyone is complaining about midfielders. According to Jim we don't need any as every defender is under instruction to fire high balls as far up the pitch as possible and when it comes straight back fire a high ball as far up the pitch as possible and when ... Ach I am sure you can work it out.

Edited by Sonny

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'm thinking we have so little flair and no width in this team  🤔  so If Alan Power is available bring him in against United and just leave Mcgrath on the bench 

I like this formation 👇🏼

Read New Zealand GIF by Rugby World Cup

Even with this number of players JG would still play for a draw. 

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Erwin on for Main

Hopefully this is the last time we see big Lee in a Saints shirt, lolloping around. If it wasnt for falling over the ball or heading it out of play, the final straw for me was when Dennis closed down a St J defender, but couldnt stop them as lolloping Lee was in another fecking postcode, just lolloping around as usual. FFS.

* edited to add, if any scouts are reading this, i'm sure he just needs a change of scenery, and will then go onto score 20 a season.

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Who are worse than us so far this season?

Possibly Livi and I fear we will be scrapping with them for the bottom spot at the end of the season.

However, even Livi play better football than us.

Thing is Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross county and Motherwell were having honkin seasons last season, can't say much for Dundee utd so maybe our finishing position had more to do with  other teams misfortunes than genius tactics which have been quite apparent already are lacking. To be brutally honest we should be really sitting on either 7 or 9 points after the 4 games we've had, not 2. 

6 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Thing is Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Ross county and Motherwell were having honkin seasons last season, can't say much for Dundee utd so maybe our finishing position had more to do with  other teams misfortunes than genius tactics which have been quite apparent already are lacking. To be brutally honest we should be really sitting on either 7 or 9 points after the 4 games we've had, not 2. 

This idea that we only finished where we did because other teams are "honking" has been thrown around for years and is, if you don't mind me saying, its utter drivel.

Not sure what team you think we are but I've seen nothing to suggest we should be taking it for granted we should be beating Hearts or St Johnstone.

Dundee are just up, not the best game to get them at the start of the season.

Last season didn't count, no fans, lack of cash and absolutely no pressure from fans to win games. Soon as fans are back normal service is resumed. You cannot have 4 non scoring strikers at club, no wingers, no pace and no creativity in midfield and expect to win games....unless 3 or 4 serious signings made then relegation all day long for this squad.

5 minutes ago, God of war said:

Last season didn't count, no fans, lack of cash and absolutely no pressure from fans to win games. Soon as fans are back normal service is resumed. You cannot have 4 non scoring strikers at club, no wingers, no pace and no creativity in midfield and expect to win games....unless 3 or 4 serious signings made then relegation all day long for this squad.

Tell that to St Johnstone and Rangers. :lol:

Totally agree with poster saying 4 non scoring strikers,you cannot call them strikers as brutal, a said to my nephew after last game of season "good we won't see Erwin again "but he still there,am afraid to say this team is horrendous and buck stops with Goodwin unfortunately a got season book but there is no  way il honour it as a just cannot watch thst shitfest anymore ave been saying for 4 seasons we need striker coach,even part time because Goodwin, sharp,langfield, Webster, McManus couldn't hit a coo,s arse with a banjo in there playing days so whst the feck do they no about that department a dont no,so something has to give as that teqm relegation certs

Pretty disappointed with the performance today. As bad a midfield performance I've seen in a long time. Even McGrath was not firing on all cylinders. The strikers for some reason bore the brunt of the midfields lack lustre performance with Main and Brophy getting hooked for Dennis and Erwin. Pointless when the issue was in midfield. Why Jim never at least took Erhahon off for McPherson I'll never know. Particularly when Erhahon got his 1st booking. I'm not one of the screaming boo boys Erhahon haters that slag him off every week on this site but he definitely had a stinker today. There has been signs of a decent player over the last year and I hope he gets back on track. Today though he looked sluggish and his passing was poor but then tbh nobody in midfield looked up for it today. 

We were lucky to get 0 - 0 today. 

Its def a huge step back and total lack of a plan in every dept.... Main Brophy doesnt work.... two wee guys with no clear understanding and a flooded midfield we usually bypass.... 3 reds in 4 games is also a sign things are not well... we need pace or the only thing we will be speeding towards is the Championship