St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August

20 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Slash said:
St Johnstone regularly take over £1M more than us in revenue. Far better run club in many ways.

But also the Brown family have bankrolled them for years. Without them they would be a decent championship team. Like Accies and County. Wages they pay don't tally with their home supports.

The issue with them being bankrolled is that when the time comes and inheritance is discussed amongst their family then quite possibly another Gretna comes to mind. I'd say Brooks Mileson's family were quite horrified at the amount that was being spent not only on Gretna but also helping subsidise some wages at Carlisle and workington.

39 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Slash said:
St Johnstone regularly take over £1M more than us in revenue. Far better run club in many ways.

But also the Brown family have bankrolled them for years. Without them they would be a decent championship team. Like Accies and County. Wages they pay don't tally with their home supports.

I wish that were so but apart from a rights issue when he took control of the club 25 years ago, neither the Brown family nor the family business have put any money into the running of the club.  The additional revenue is from the non-football use of their ground and nothing else.

I wish that were so but apart from a rights issue when he took control of the club 25 years ago, neither the Brown family nor the family business have put any money into the running of the club.  The additional revenue is from the non-football use of their ground and nothing else.
Yah and my granny snagged Winston Churchill. How easy is it to cook the books at football clubs. Look at Man City stadium naming rights and there's hundreds more like that.

20 hours ago, codfish said:

No they don’t. They have Middleton, who’d provide some pace, but they have the exact same issues up front as we do - in Callum Hendry, they have possibly the worst striker in the league, and Stevie May is a 3-a-season striker if that.

What they do have, though, is a functioning midfield, even with Davidson getting rested.

Saintees had More possession,  50% more shots,  100% more shots on target , 100% more corners .  At home against teams we hope to be competing against come the sharp end of the season, that is simply not good enough .

73254789-8D0E-4A49-BF6F-AEA4072D4D65.jpeg

Yah and my granny snagged Winston Churchill. How easy is it to cook the books at football clubs. Look at Man City stadium naming rights and there's hundreds more like that.

He’s right though - St Johnstone have cash in the bank and their function facilities are (outside of COVID) booked solid. They make more money from off-field stuff than on-field, and don’t rely on the Brown family bank-rolling them - indeed, Steve is well-known to be a tight bastard amongst their fans.

They’re also far more likely to spend any spare cash they have on infrastructure than on the playing side.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

So you have evidence of this?  You are accusing a buiness of posting false accounts, a qualified external auditor of being complicit in this and calling their past Chairman a liar for statements he has made in the press.  Why don't you go to the authorities with your information?

Edited by rabuddies
typos

• 2 weeks later...