Would you be in favour of a safe standing area at the SMISA Stadium?

W6er

Would you be in favour of a safe standing area at the SMISA Stadium?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Maybe if folk like you bothered your arse to get to games, there wouldn't be many empty seats, eh? 😉

Maybe if I didn't live over 100 miles away that would be the case.

Oh, I forgot, It's unlikely I'll darken our home ground again due to the moaning faced cnuts that frequent the main stand, is that where you sit? :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, I forgot, It's unlikely I'll darken our home ground again due to the monaing faced cnuts that frequent the main stand, is that where you sit? :rolleyes:

Have a guess where I sit. Go on...see if you can get it! :lol: :rolleyes:

Edited by W6er

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, I forgot, It's unlikely I'll darken our home ground again due to the moaning faced cnuts that frequent the main stand, is that where you sit? :rolleyes:

Only 100 miles. That’s practically next door. One of our guys comes up from Galashiels. 

At a time where the club are looking to cover 100k to stop the of taking 2 stands, I doubt safe standing or filling corners will be on the agenda. I do like the idea of filling the corners as long as it’s used to earn revenue (not from seats, from cafes, office space etc) pointless doing it for more seats when i think we’ve only sold the stadium out completely once.

22 minutes ago, mattman said:

At a time where the club are looking to cover 100k to stop the of taking 2 stands, I doubt safe standing or filling corners will be on the agenda. I do like the idea of filling the corners as long as it’s used to earn revenue (not from seats, from cafes, office space etc) pointless doing it for more seats when i think we’ve only sold the stadium out completely once.

I like the space rental bit.

14 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

If you can find someone to fund them that would help. After all you have great contacts worldwide. The club don’t have the money or the requirement to add additional capacity as we rarely come close to filling the current stadium.

Hey @Rascal still waiting for you to answer this.

Just now, Rascal said:

Was it a question?

You want this built. St Mirren don’t have the money. You have the worldwide contacts and business acumen. So what do you intend to do about it?

Just now, Rascal said:

Nothing-you?

Thank you I have my answer. You’re all mouth and no action. It would be a vanity project as we have no urgent requirement to spend money on additional capacity that we don’t currently require.

My additional money out with matchday goes towards SMISA that invests in the academy, charitable contributions and spending money on improving the matchday experience for kids and families to encourage the next generation of fans.

You have said many times you don’t even contribute to SMiSA. At least I like many other fans are looking to grow the club in a sustainable way over time.

I personally would love to see safe standing facilities at our ground. The fact is we are in a major recession, the club is currently running at a loss and this idea needs to stay on the back burner until there is a real demand for additional capacity and the club can afford to do it.

I think we will see football attendances drop over the next few years as many people with families and bills to pay will choose wisely where they spend their money.

9 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Thank you I have my answer. You’re all mouth and no action. It would be a vanity project as we have no urgent requirement to spend money on additional capacity that we don’t currently require.

My additional money out with matchday goes towards SMISA that invests in the academy, charitable contributions and spending money on improving the matchday experience for kids and families to encourage the next generation of fans.

You have said many times you don’t even contribute to SMiSA. At least I like many other fans are looking to grow the club in a sustainable way over time.

I personally would love to see safe standing facilities at our ground. The fact is we are in a major recession, the club is currently running at a loss and this idea needs to stay on the back burner until there is a real demand for additional capacity and the club can afford to do it.

I think we will see football attendances drop over the next few years as many people with families and bills to pay will choose wisely where they spend their money.

Is it? 😯