Would you be in favour of a safe standing area at the SMISA Stadium?

W6er

Would you be in favour of a safe standing area at the SMISA Stadium?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The chairman announced it at the last AGM.

Was that not a loss during the pandemic, though? Surely that's different to running at a loss? I would hope that the club's taken action to reduce expenditure if that's the case.

If it isn't the case, then what on earth are we doing turning away £105k of guaranteed money*?

*club's estimate.

Edited by W6er

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Was that not a loss during the pandemic, though? Surely that's different to running at a loss? I would hope that the club's taken action to reduce expenditure if that's the case.

If it isn't the case, then what on earth are we doing turning away £105k of guaranteed money*?

*club's estimate.

There was a loss at the end of the last set of accounts, but they were forecasting even greater loss this last accounting period which ran until end May 2022.

Ideally we could do with John McGinn moving from Villa this summer. I can’t see it unfortunately.

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Sorry, I was expecting a source. 

Oh dear. I will take this moment to apologise for only attending matches regularly since 1974. I also apologise for only being a member of the 1877 Club and paying for an additional family member to join too. I should add another apology and that is paying for parking at the stadium. Sorry guys! I’m sorry too for bringing guests along - how could I think that this might be enough but no - unless I joined SMISA then , clearly none of this counts for me or the many others who do the same. Whilst I am at it , I voted to support helping others to come along (and had suggested it before but was told there was no mechanism for it. I am glad there is now). I am a mere season ticket holder. 

Do I think crowds will grow? Yes, I do. Do I think that there is a god given right for this to happen? No I don’t. Will I throw capital at it or ask others to do so? No I won’t. After all we have SMISA and Kibble with substantial ownership. If you own it, I suggest you find it. Meanwhile I will try to keep doing what I have been doing, bring others along and help others to come along. Many do so already. COYS. One doesn’t have to be a SMISA member to have the clubs interests at heart. To suggest this does SMISA a disservice.

Edited by Rascal

32 minutes ago, Rascal said:

After all we have SMISA and Kibble with substantial ownership. If you own it, I suggest you find it.

But I’ve already explained to you that there is no business requirement to fill in the corners as far as the club owners are concerned.

You want it. You find the funding.

Jeezo.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

32 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Oh dear. I will take this moment to apologise for only attending matches regularly since 1974. I also apologise for only being a member of the 1877 Club and paying for an additional family member to join too. I should add another apology and that is paying for parking at the stadium. Sorry guys! I’m sorry too for bringing guests along - how could I think that this might be enough but no - unless I joined SMISA then , clearly none of this counts for me or the many others who do the same. Whilst I am at it , I voted to support helping others to come along (and had suggested it before but was told there was no mechanism for it. I am glad there is now). I am a mere season ticket holder. 

Do I think crowds will grow? Yes, I do. Do I think that there is a god given right for this to happen? No I don’t. Will I throw capital at it or ask others to do so? No I won’t. After all we have SMISA and Kibble with substantial ownership. If you own it, I suggest you find it. Meanwhile I will try to keep doing what I have been doing, bring others along and help others to come along. Many do so already. COYS. One doesn’t have to be a SMISA member to have the clubs interests at heart. To suggest this does SMISA a disservice.

Jesus wept. :(

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

The only person who keep

But I’ve already explained to you that there is no business requirement to fill in the corners as far as the club owners are concerned.

You want it. You find the funding.

Jeezo.

I don’t want it. I asked a question.

Simple

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The club directors have looked at the costs of filling in some of the corners and they are cost prohibitive to build with little payback.

Bully for them!

Are they SMISA members?

Edited by Rascal

41 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Bully for them!

Are they SMISA members?

Well that’s a well thought out counter argument.

To answer your question I believe all the directors including those from Kibble are SMiSA members. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Well that’s a well thought out counter argument.

To answer your question I believe all the directors including those from Kibble are SMiSA members. 

No argument from me. Thanks.

Edited by Rascal