St Mirren v Dundee United

Rascal

Everything you wrote is absolute crap, United could and should have won that game by a couple of goals and as for Shaugnessey he was our worst player by a mile.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
What a hillarious post!

I didn't say Shaughnessy was MY man of the match.

I says he was the man of the match... I'm sure they announced that but maybe you can prove differently.

I didn't say he had a great game... I said he plays better with McCarthy beside him.

I stand by that.

On the showing of the second half, Saints were the better team. Created more chances (check the stats Mr brainfart keyboard warrior) and had a perfectly good goal chalked off.

Go have a wee drink. I think you need it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Only caught the second half but thought we played well and were the better team; the one most likely to win.

Shaughnessy may have got the MotM award, but he plays so much better with McCarthy beside him (even if Connor owes Alnwick a huge favour for saving all those dodgy passbacks.

Contrary to what Ronnie said, I agree we were the better team in the second half, not that that was difficult to be, but United had a gilt edge chance which should have been converted. Given how powder puff we are up front, that would have won the game. First half we were dreadful. The referee was up to the usual standards too.

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I get what you are saying Baz and particularly with regard to when matches are played but I watched everything on ppv last season but unless I can attend this year the club won't be getting the revenue from me, so the UEFA ruling is protecting thd mega rich EPL at the expense of less affluent leagues. There is an argument to be made that the match should only be available on ppv outside Scotland, not that I'm in favour of that but it makes as much sense as the current situation.

Think it needs to be looked at more holistically though. Income from you is great but you’ll be the exception to the norm. Most St Mirren fans will generally be close enough to attend games. PPV runs risks of more fans deciding to watch at home than attend games. And that would be a fair shame if we seen a move to that for fans on the stadium doorstep so to speak. 

It’s by no means ideal but I think it’s the best we can hope for. 

the club is in quite a state just now, it's a really long time since i was this concerned about the future.

I get disappointed when we get relegated from time to time, but figure we are just big enough to weather those storms and eventually bounce back, so it doesn't make me actually worried about what is happening both on and off the pitch.

How times have changed!  The club is moving at speed along an adverse trajectory.

Had no problems entering the stadium. Good 2nd half performance. Just can't stick the ball in the net. Dismal first half. And what about that ref. Its embarrassing to Scottish football that their so Incompetent [emoji15]. Absolutely shocking. Thought our two new signing were excellent. And congratulations to 16 year Dylan Reid. Promising young player.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
What a hillarious post!

I didn't say Shaughnessy was MY man of the match.

I says he was the man of the match... I'm sure they announced that but maybe you can prove differently.

I didn't say he had a great game... I said he plays better with McCarthy beside him.

I stand by that.

On the showing of the second half, Saints were the better team. Created more chances (check the stats Mr brainfart keyboard warrior) and had a perfectly good goal chalked off.

Go have a wee drink. I think you need it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Unlike you I was at the actual game don't need stats to tell me what I saw with my own eyes.

Shaugnessey was a bomb scare all match looked nervous throughout, all these chances we apparently created their keeper only had 1 save to make which came in 90+ minutes.

If you care to start attending games maybe you can look at the bigger picture instead of reading stats to back up your bullshit post.

Just now, Ethan said:

True. Problem is Brophey and Main will be getting paid more.  Our strikers are woeful

Their work rate cant be faulted, unfortunately that's not enough. 

Getting rid of a striker that scored goals and replacing him with one that doesn't is baffling. 

On the plus side, there are 5 clubs that are without a win- maybe we can draw our way to safety. 

Thought that we were very poor in the first half, as United side that are very ordinary, should have been at least one up at HT.

Two defensive re-shuffles  made us a bit more solid at the back in the second half.

We certainly looked the better team in the second half, although United seem to finish as well as we do.

Disallowed goal seemed as if it was a strong challenge rather than a foul.

Millar looked promising, but was clearly struggling for match fitness, and I thought that Ronan looked like a player. Both will improve the team, when up to speed.

The beginning of the season is always a bit of a nightmare with games that could go either way and its just your luck on the day

There is no continuity, new players blending in and we have only played 5 leagues due to the disruption of the league cup and international breaks

and we have another one in a few weeks time

once we start playing week in week out im pretty sure things will change

KTF 

1 minute ago, saintargyll said:

The beginning of the season is always a bit of a nightmare with games that could go either way and its just your luck on the day

There is no continuity, new players blending in and we have only played 5 leagues due to the disruption of the league cup and international breaks

and we have another one in a few weeks time

once we start playing week in week out im pretty sure things will change

KTF 

I'm going out on a limb here but isn't it the same for every team? :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm going out on a limb here but isn't it the same for every team? :lol:

EXACTLY why i said games can go either way

although that still doesnt explain why Dennis hooked the hearts player right after we scored and were on the ascendency 🤣

Spoiler
Spoiler

Unlike you I was at the actual game don't need stats to tell me what I saw with my own eyes.

Shaugnessey was a bomb scare all match looked nervous throughout, all these chances we apparently created their keeper only had 1 save to make which came in 90+ minutes.

If you care to start attending games maybe you can look at the bigger picture instead of reading stats to back up your bullshit post.
Screw you superfan.

I have a season ticket but am away on holiday.

You win... You piss highest up the wall.

Twat.

Re stats we had 15 shots on goal , one on target! I think that says it all! Lets be honest , we are punchless up front , its a real worry as Dennis and Erwin don’t fill me with hope either! Got to win games at home against the Utd’s et al ! Long Season ahead🤢

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Only caught the second half but thought we played well and were the better team; the one most likely to win.

Shaughnessy may have got the MotM award, but he plays so much better with McCarthy beside him (even if Connor owes Alnwick a huge favour for saving all those dodgy passbacks.

First half. Saints started quickly but United grew into the game and were stronger first half. Second half, we were the better team. Enjoyable and very competitive game.

Think it was you who wasn't you at the game if you think Shaughnessy was a bomb scare. [emoji848] not saying hw was MOM. But he did well.

5 hours ago, elvis said:

If Utd don't win this questions should be asked we are utter garbage.

Utd didn’t win this.

are you asking questions of Utd as to why not… or yourself about why you are so resolutely deluded and wrong?

Though there are some many who say your posts are utter garbage, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.  :)

3 hours ago, Slash said:

“Teething issues. Nothing to worry about.”

Well that statement will save Baz from replying.

I like how you take the pish….
As we both know he cannot be stopped .   He cannot stop himself.   He has problems.

He can’t help himself, despite being utterly unable to type in anything fresh, anything new, informative or amusing.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Can’t help yourself eh? Yet to see anything causing me long-term concern. Best anyone has offered so far is Kibble paying a member of staff instead of the club. 

It is only a game of football.  And paying punters can do no more, no less… than merely observe the outcome of a match