Jump to content

St.Mirren V The blue bigots


FTOF
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Slash said:

They will sadly get offered seats elsewhere in the ground. IIRC their season tickets do not cater for games against the bigot brothers. Although how the club calculate whether that is 3 home fixtures or 4 beats me.

If it is based on the CEOs prediction top 6 fantasy and we don’t achieve that goal, then are they getting one game free? 😂 

I would think they would have to count on the four and take the hit for being bottom 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Slash said:

They will sadly get offered seats elsewhere in the ground. IIRC their season tickets do not cater for games against the bigot brothers. Although how the club calculate whether that is 3 home fixtures or 4 beats me.

If it is based on the CEOs prediction top 6 fantasy and we don’t achieve that goal, then are they getting one game free? 😂 

Season tickets include these games this season, no reduction in price.

Seat re-allocation or refund

Mentioned to SLO a number of weeks back who were then going to raise with club. No response as yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Slash said:

@woiiftm don’t give up trying to get information. I’ve usually found the SLOs very helpful, but I think they have been overwhelmed with complaints these last few months. We have to remember they are volunteers.

If you are still waiting on a response write to CEO [email protected] and GM [email protected]

They after all are paid to run the club. If you have been waiting a long time for answers go to the top.

 

Will certainly persevere. Meeting was supposed to have taken place at end of last month, will give them this week to respond.

Did get good response to initial query from SLO but just been silence since

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I may have missed it what allocation are they getting. Is the South stand going to them again this season. Are we bending over for them given they allow no away fans in just like the other half of Glasgow. 

Not if we can fill it ourselves as there is a big gap in main stand. It's up to our supporters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Taking supporters for granted.
Surely not. emoji850.pngemoji26.png

I don't agree with giving rangers or celtic 1 stand, never mind 2. But that's me.

However, I believe it is within the SMISA members gift to have a vote (online or at the SMISA AGM) and as majority shareholders, give an instruction to The Club Board not to give the opposition support a 2nd stand (or additional seating elsewhere in the ground). 1 stand will do.

Unless a vote is carried out amongst the fans (SMISA Members), we'll never know, if there is support for not giving or giving, the North Stand and the Family stand to the opposition when they visit. 

No doubt, the argument of "fan owned doesn't mean fan run" Why else do we have a BoD is likely to be brought up.

To a certain extent, that is true but not absolute. When the majority owner (SMISA membership) has a majority/overwhelming opinion, it would be remiss of The Club Board (&/or The SMISA board) to ignore it.

A simple vote amongst the SMISA members should be sufficient but I have a feeling, to move forward with such a thing a "Special Resolution" would need to be voted on and accepted at a SMISA AGM.

Just a thought.

Edited by Kombibuddie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I don't agree with giving rangers or celtic 1 stand, never mind 2. But that's me.

However, I believe it is within the SMISA members gift to have a vote (online or at the SMISA AGM) and as majority shareholders, give an instruction to The Club Board not to give the opposition support a 2nd stand (or additional seating elsewhere in the ground). 1 stand will do.

Unless a vote is carried out amongst the fans (SMISA Members), we'll never know, if there is support for not giving or giving, the North Stand and the Family stand to the opposition when they visit. 

No doubt, the argument of "fan owned doesn't mean fan run" Why else do we have a BoD is likely to be brought up.

To a certain extent, that is true but not absolute. When the majority owner (SMISA membership) has a majority/overwhelming opinion, it would be remiss of The Club Board (&/or The SMISA board) to ignore it.

A simple vote amongst the SMISA members should be sufficient but I have a feeling, to move forward with such a thing a "Special Resolution" would need to be voted on and accepted at a SMISA AGM.

Just a thought.

A vote could of course be taken, but I think you might be surprised by the outcome. I reckon there will be more members than you think that will back decisions that put financial benefit to the club above other matters.

For what it’s worth, I’m with you though. I don’t think the financial benefit of an extra stand is sufficient to outweigh the importance of other implications of these decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A vote could of course be taken, but I think you might be surprised by the outcome. I reckon there will be more members than you think that will back decisions that put financial benefit to the club above other matters.

The monthly spend results are a clear indication of that. No harm in putting the question to a vote 😃

 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For what it’s worth, I’m with you though. I don’t think the financial benefit of an extra stand is sufficient to outweigh the importance of other implications of these decisions.

Totally agree.

I'd still be St Mirren through & through, if we dropped down the divisions due to lack of cash (It won't happen though)

Ahh, lack of cash........ that pot that SMISA are building could be offset against that forsaken financial benefit of giving a 2nd stand to away supporters. That's a spend that'd be worth it.

SMISA paying St Mirren to keep rangers & celtic out of a 2nd stand.

What a legacy that could be. St Mirren's Fan Owners benefitting The Club by prioritising the fan base.

image.gif

Edited by Kombibuddie
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slash said:

I asked the question around this topic at both the club and SMiSA AGMs. Basically told that this is a club decision based on financial reasons (which they would not divulge) and there were no plans to take a vote from the membership.

It would be hard to ignore the question if a "Special Resolution" was proposed. Which could happen if there was no plans to consider a vote.

Edited by Kombibuddie
sp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Can anyone please advise ?

Trying to buy 5 tickets online for next two games at home.

When I click on buy tickets, it says no events available

Has it changed in last few weeks since we last bought ?

Cheers

ETA;

Nothing loaded in system for October despite it being October

I don't think they're on sale, yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, Slash said:

I’d say it’s an absolute certainty the family stand will be filled with bigots for both Glasgow clubs.

Forever debating topic. But there's only ever going to be one outcome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Slash said:

The subject was discussed by the Chairman at the SMiSA meeting this week. Nothing will change this year, but there was talk of putting a proposal to all Season Ticket holders to potentially keep the family stand for families throughout the season - including allowing other clubs family groups to be housed in a specific area like St Johnstone do.

IMO that would be a huge improvement. I firmly believe that the Family Stand should remain open throughout the season and allowing other clubs family groups increases the numbers and revenue.

I would support that approach and include the OF family groups in those allowed in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...