St.Mirren V The blue bigots

FTOF

1 hour ago, Slash said:

The problem with sectarianism is that it is not dealt with by the police, stewards, or footballing authorities.

In the past they have even been allowed to bring their own stewards. The Match Commander takes the view “Get them in and out with the minimum of fuss”.

Until the footballing authorities and police take appropriate action we will continue to have to put up with this behaviour. It’s disgusting that it still takes place in 2021.

It needs to stop. By allowing other clubs families in and not them would be discrimination. We need to be better than that.

Yes. That’s a more grown up version of what I said. 😄

Point being, this will not get better with generations like racism and homophobia. It is consistently bred down the chain to ensure that new generations of bigots continue to be spawned. 

Arrests/Removal of season tickets/points deductions.

These are the only things that will change it, and none of them are going to happen. 

No real surprise in the decision. Given we had already decided to take the bigot shilling, we’re not going to reverse it. I genuinely don’t know why they’re dancing round the issue when it’s already clear as day. 

It creates a horrible environment for home fans. Giving them 1 stand and allowing for the inevitable OF fans that manage to acquire tickets for home stands is way better. At least that means that the scumbags have to tor the line and keep their trap shut rather than effectively taking over the stadium. 

Any daft proposal to have family groups of opposition fans in our own family stand is - let’s face it - only to try and find some halfway house to solving the OF question. I wouldn’t want the bigots in next to our fans. I’m also pretty certain that when St. Johnstone, Aberdeen, Motherwell, etc. come to town, they want to be in their own end. 

45 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

So as well as bending over as normal to them did i read it correct those in the family stand also have to pay to move seat. Did the price of season ticket give discount for these games?

They were not charged for these games as part of their sesson ticket. If they want to attend they will need to purchase a ticket for either the main or west stand. Quite simple really.

It’s October, we are trying to buy games for erm…. October [emoji3064]

Crazy decision, poor planning, poor management for a 24/7 ticket management system as it says on the official site

So, you can only buy them in person from the ticket office

That’s one game gone

FFS

It’s so difficult to spend money with the fkn Club !

3 hours ago, Slash said:

The problem with sectarianism is that it is not dealt with by the police, stewards, or footballing authorities.

In the past they have even been allowed to bring their own stewards. The Match Commander takes the view “Get them in and out with the minimum of fuss”.

Until the footballing authorities and police take appropriate action we will continue to have to put up with this behaviour. It’s disgusting that it still takes place in 2021.

It needs to stop. By allowing other clubs families in and not them would be discrimination. We need to be better than that.

A step forward if we allow opposing fans who bring kids to get into our family stand in my opinion. We need to lead by example. Easier to plan this for the season after this however in the way that season tickets and space is allocated in the family stand.

We should have some sort of St Mirren club card system where all tickets can be loaded on to. Could just top up your account, even link it to Paypal. Sort of like a St Mirren Oyster card where you can add games and use that for entry/club shop/1877 club. Golf clubs have them for spending at the bar or pro shop. Not sure why football clubs haven't made use of that tech. 

They were not charged for these games as part of their sesson ticket. If they want to attend they will need to purchase a ticket for either the main or west stand. Quite simple really.

So while I know that’s the case, as my tickets were renewals from the last couple of seasons, it’s interesting to note that the Season Tickets page and accompanying T&Cs don’t appear to reference visits of the Old Firm…

https://www.stmirren.com/tickets

23 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

They get charged £10 or £5 for concessions to take up an empty seat in the west  or Main stand but only if bought in advance.  Normal price if bought on matchday. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

They get charged £10 or £5 for concessions to take up an empty seat in the west  or Main stand but only if bought in advance.  Normal price if bought on matchday. 

They shouldn't argue with that! It still represents good value. I noticed that Under 17s benefit even more from having season tickets in the Family Stand.

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

The chairman  used a figure of £12000 in connection with the  family  stand ,was that for one game?

The figure he gave was £120k for three home old firm games. I have to say I don't think it's worth it. It is not mega money we are talking, and could be compensated by making a big push to sell out the family stand with home supporters. This season we can also still do pay per view if its not on Sky (I believe the Celtic game at least won't be) which could mitigate against losses.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

The figure he gave was £120k for three home old firm games. I have to say I don't think it's worth it. It is not mega money we are talking, and could be compensated by making a big push to sell out the family stand with home supporters. This season we can also still do pay per view if its not on Sky (I believe the Celtic game at least won't be) which could mitigate against losses.

The £120k is a lot of money for St Mirren. I welcome the transparency. What to do is less clear. For now I accept the sense of giving both stands to paying opposition fans. Alternatives are available. We could take the north and south stand and rehouse our West Stand fans in these leaving one stand, the west stand for the opposition. Maybe not every bodies cup of tea. Or.. we can plan ahead for next season and sell family stand tickets in a way that might enable us to offer half of the stand to away family groups. I prefer this, others might not. Benefits include breaking down barriers and leading by example.

16 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

For those that buy for the first time and not renewing where does it say anything about not for certain games

You said nothing about that in the the post I quoted....you suggested there was no difference in costs between TF Stand and the other home stands. Makes no difference to me either way as I sit in the West Stand but the "talk" that you heard was obviously incorrect or ill informed.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

20…

…or 30 or 40 pieces of silver is a more than enough money for some people to trade in any principles that they may pretend to support.

FTOF!

I am being pragmatic. Both short and long term can be served by making the changes in coming seasons and the Will to change seems to be there.