St.Mirren V The blue bigots

FTOF

38 minutes ago, Slash said:

Yes it would be inappropriate for other clubs too given his position.

I thought a judge in Scotland had defined its use in that was a sectarian. 

Have to agree with slash on this one. However I do hope that the tweets were not from Johns account as it would be another PR nightmare given that we are in partnership with a charity that is trying to help young people. 

Well done to every single person involved in this................

A wee friendly reminder from the SMiSA volunteer squad (who clean up after games) that there are now general waste and recycling bins in the stands. It would be great if fellow Buds could use these and make our job easier. We are hoping to add more bins at the front of the stands in the near future. Enjoy the game! COYS 🐼⚽️.

A guy in his position as a SMiSA appointed St Mirren director at the time of the second tweet should not be making such statements about those Rangers fans on that bridge. Totally inappropriate for a director of a community/family club.
Referring to them in a derogatory term in 2015 on a social media platform was also very poor given how we should all be rising above using sectarian terminology. It only brings us down to their level.
Well said.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Well done to every single person involved in this................

A wee friendly reminder from the SMiSA volunteer squad (who clean up after games) that there are now general waste and recycling bins in the stands. It would be great if fellow Buds could use these and make our job easier. We are hoping to add more bins at the front of the stands in the near future. Enjoy the game! COYS 🐼⚽️.

That's one good thing about you, at least, you don't drop litter at the stadium. 😂  😉

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You have to wonder if this guy is an asset to the club.

These type of social media feck ups do nothing for the reputation of the club.

They show that like the rest of us he's both human and has a sense of humour. Anyone who seriously thinks negatively of the club as a result of this is being hysterical.

59 minutes ago, Slash said:

Problem with social media is that once posted it is extremely hard to “erase” all trace.

So many employers use social media now to assess whether potential new employees or existing ones meet with their views. 

That’s why it’s so poor to see our chairman making such posts.

It would not surprise me to see a tabloid publish this story on Sunday.

There are other allegations out there if you google his name. 
Unfortunately we know the Red tops love that sort of bin raking. 

yeah I had similar when I knocked back a job the employer said it’s ok we weren’t going to hire you anyway cos you had a picture in Amsterdam in a cafe on your Facebook from 4 years ago 😂 

Aye there’s a lot being flung up on John now, honestly think it’s all patter at the end of the day but I suppose you’re not aloud to have humour in this day and age.  

Edited by mattman

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Let's be honest- John only said things we've all thought or said ourselves. 

Rangers fans showing fake anger at this is frankly amusing. 

Surely you can see people in a position within a club should keep their thoughts, however true or not, to themselves? :blink:

Theirs a massive difference between some punter mouthing off than a club official. 

FWIW I think it's pish patter no matter who it came from. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surely you can see people in a position within a club should keep their thoughts, however true or not, to themselves? :blink:

Theirs a massive difference between some punter mouthing off than a club official. 

I do, even though the majority of his tweets happened before he was appointed Chairman. 

He should have been more careful with his valid opinions/jokes.

Rangers supporters have been bigoted since I started going to football in the 70's. What have they as a club(old or new) done to eradicate this ? - F A. 

If some mutants from Ulster are getting their sash in a twist over this, I say well done. 

1 minute ago, Slash said:

I’ve known a fair few Rangers and Celtic supporters in my time. Some friends. Some not. Not once would I call them those derogatory terms starting H & T to their face. If I can’t say it to their face I would not be cowardly using it on social media. 

If we are to stop sectarianism we need to rise above this name calling pish.

If there was no Celtic or Rangers , sectarianism wouldn't exist in Scotland. 

I also have had friends over the years that supported these clubs who freely use ,f that ob this in my company.  Thankfully I'm not friends with these people anymore. 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

If there was no Celtic or Rangers , sectarianism wouldn't exist in Scotland. 

I also have had friends over the years that supported these clubs who freely use ,f that ob this in my company.  Thankfully I'm not friends with these people anymore. 

Hearts and Hibs would soon take over their positions as the main base for people with these inbred beliefs.

Anyhow, back to the fitba, I, strangely, feel we'll run them close but, not so strangely, I feel we'll lose out, just.

1-2.