St.Mirren V The blue bigots

FTOF

Ist half we were good in spells but never in the game in the 2nd half.

Only 2 shots on target is a poor return considering how well we played in the 1st half.

Maybe having no left footed player for the 2nd half had something to do with our poor display. 

Pretty ironic to hear the Billy boys being spat out and 5 mins later the same fans applauding the red card to racism cards. The game started at such a high tempo for us and we  tired after the first 25 mins. 2 mistakes let the bigots swing the game in their favour. Obvious concerns over Ethan and Jamie. Let's hope for good news. I thought Brophy held the ball up well and will be a big player for us as the season goes on. Overall, that lot deserved their win but I'm still upbeat. W7 In cracking form again. I'm sure we will be pushing for top 6 again this season.

16 minutes ago, Slash said:

It’s 2021 and large majority of those “fitba supporters” singing about Bobby Sands and Irish terrorist organisations at a Scottish football match. Until the football authorities and police impose harsh sanctions we will never be rid of this bigotry. It’s absolutely shameful that this happens.

And one of our supporters decided to invade the pitch after our goal. Lifetime ban from fitba coming up for him.

Was it Pricky? :lol:

18 minutes ago, Slash said:

It’s 2021 and large majority of those “fitba supporters” singing about Bobby Sands and Irish terrorist organisations at a Scottish football match. Until the football authorities and police impose harsh sanctions we will never be rid of this bigotry. It’s absolutely shameful that this happens.

And the irony is that they moan about "discrimination" against their players. Wise up, guys, abuse is abuse, whether based on race, colour, gender or religion.

We had belief for the first half hour or so and then the Scottish syndrome kicked in - ie. 'who are we to be taking the game to the bigots?'

More or less every other country in Europe seem to be able to compete successfully with them for the whole match instead of 'sitting in and keeping our shape'.

Neither of the bigot sisters are as good as the biased Scottish press make them out to be. How adopting a defensive formation is seen as a sensible ploy against ordinary opposition beats me. We are only handing the initiative to them time after time.

For years it has been the same failing for our international team although there are now signs that that is starting to change.

Give me 'offensive' as against 'defensive' every time and not just for the first half hour or so.

And that does not necessarily mean going gung ho and leaving ourselves wide open at the back - most other European countries manage to find the right balance.

Edited by northstbuddie

Goal up and we shat the bed. Passing went from brazilesque to racecoursesque. Just read the bbc report on the game and states ronan’s shot “swerved in the wind”😂. We will finish pretty high up this league if we just believe at bit more in ourselves and get rid of the provincial club mentality. Rangers were there for the taking.

Fine effort but need to keep it going for longer than 25 minutes. Then we went into our shell and they stepped it up a gear. Were holding out well until 2 mistakes gave them the lead. We were not in it second half.

No real damage to our goal difference. Most concerning thing was injuries to Erhahon and McGrath - especially McGrath - in the week when we have to play Wednesday and Saturday.

Edited by pondsman

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

First 25 was superb... McGrath obviously a concern... overall ok performance ... on to Well and hopefully another away win.. COYS

Agree and a great strike to go in front. Pressure from Rangers led to their two goals as we sat back. After half time each team cancelled each other out.  On to Motherwell on Wednesday. Past games there have been tough but enjoyable. Win there and we would go above Motherwell in the league so all to play for. 

9 minutes ago, W6er said:

From where I was sitting, the incident that led to Rangers' penalty looked outside the box. 

We created very little, but that was an absolute beauty of a goal, though I haven't seen it since. Goal of the season?! 

From where I was sitting it was a stonewaller. :lol:

If you take the massive trouble of looking back through this thread you can see the goal as many times as you like. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint