Cammy MacPherson. Are we aff wur heed?

Not only have we not signed enough attacking midfielders, we decide to let one of ours leave for a rival premier league club. I firmly believe Cammy should have had more game time with us and this will come back to bite us on the @rse. Our club is in freefall at the moment and some of the decisions, on and off the park, are baffling.

I can’t understand why we would take such a risk in letting Cammy go - never mind to a direct rival.

Cammy should have been on the park on Sunday, what happens if the boy from Wolves doesn’t click or fit in to the team, we’ve then lost an asset in Cammy.

This makes no sense to me from a footballing and business perspective??

I can’t understand why we would take such a risk in letting Cammy go - never mind to a direct rival.

Cammy should have been on the park on Sunday, what happens if the boy from Wolves doesn’t click or fit in to the team, we’ve then lost an asset in Cammy.

The boy from Wolves was signed to replace Mcgrath so where does he fit into Goodwin's plans now???

From the outside, Cammy moving to St. Johnstone looks very strange.

From the way JG has used him this season, it looks like JG doesn't see him being a major part of his plans, but why would we allow Cammy to go to such a close rival?

Was there a need to reduce the wage bill? Was Cammy unhappy about not getting much game time? Maybe Cammy saw the writing on the wall with the arrival of Connor Ronan and asked to go elsewhere to get regular games. We cannot know if any of these things are true, but, in my opinion, none of them explains why the lad should go to St. Johnstone.

I hope that there is an agreement that he cannot play against us. If not, with new teammates and in a new system, he may well do us a lot of damage.

I cannot think that JG would want Cammy to go to Perth, so now the question is: Did JG have any say in where Cammy was going or was the move arranged at a higher level? 

Edited by pondsman

McPherson was a fringe squad player who has shown time and again he is at best a bottom end Prem / Championship player. The fact Fakes have lost Kerr and McCann and thought Cammy can fill that gaping hole is laughable. I have seen nothing in the years he has been around the 1st team to think he was improving. Also don't get the comparison with Ethan. Two totally different players.

Oh and the selling clubs manager will have had zero say in where a surplus player ends up, get a grip if you think Goodwin makes that decision.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

The boy from Wolves was signed to replace Mcgrath so where does he fit into Goodwin's plans now???

I know the media were reporting he was a replacement, though he can play a few different positions from playmaker, to sitting deep. Could possibly be the player that replaces the void left by JDH. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts alongside Power and Erhahon drops to the bench when back from suspension.

From the outside, Cammy moving to St. Johnstone looks very strange.
From the way JG has used him this season, it looks like JG doesn't see him being a major part of his plans, but why would we allow Cammy to go to such a close rival?
Was there a need to reduce the wage bill? Was Cammy unhappy about not getting much game time? Maybe Cammy saw the writing on the wall with the arrival of Connor Ronan and asked to go elsewhere to get regular games. We cannot know if any of these things are true, but, in my opinion, none of them explains why the lad should go to St. Johnstone.
I hope that there is an agreement that he cannot play against us. If not, with new teammates and in a new system, he may well do us a lot of damage.
I cannot think that JG would want Cammy to go to Perth, so now the question is: Did JG have any say in where Cammy was going or was the move arranged at a higher level? 
But the one thing we are good at is strengthen other peoples squad. Like St.johnstone or believe it or not HIBS.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

All promises broken. We will kick on after finishing 7th. They said. Club in a shambles . Now September and season tickets are not sent out yet. Signings poor. If I was Goody I would be fuming. Not a good start for fan ownership. As for Kibble. Not enough time to comment on that mob. emoji31.png

Why would you be fuming if you were Goody? 
He was given a budget and he has known for months about what was needed yet he has used the budget on some amount of shite and he has clearly miss managed.

Poor management.

It can't be just Goodwin that negotiates deals tho at the club. Would it be right to assume that once an agent gets wind that a club is interested in their player then both agent and player will look at many factors of interested team before entering negotiations such as league, league position, way the team plays, etc.as a bad move for a player is loss of earnings for an agent.

On the subject of Cammy going on loan for the whole season, I just wonder if along with an issue with JG not rating him for team, is this the last year of his contract?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

As bad as the close of that window was for us, I would say it was far worse for St Johnstone. Two of their best players away and seemingly not replaced with close to the same quality. My concern with that would be, if they do struggle, they'll have the money to go heavy in January. 

Yeah with about 2 million to spend.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

McPherson was a fringe squad player who has shown time and again he is at best a bottom end Prem / Championship player. The fact Fakes have lost Kerr and McCann and thought Cammy can fill that gaping hole is laughable. I have seen nothing in the years he has been around the 1st team to think he was improving. Also don't get the comparison with Ethan. Two totally different players.

Oh and the selling clubs manager will have had zero say in where a surplus player ends up, get a grip if you think Goodwin makes that 

What a load of crap.... 

43 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He was given a budget and he has known for months about what was needed yet he has used the budget on some amount of shite and he has clearly miss managed.

Poor management.

Exactly. Spent a lot, if not all of the budget early doors and was possibly hoping that if McGrath moved on this window, it would open up funds to add 2 or 3 more including the new boy.

Failed to deliver any time he’s had a chance in the last season and a bit. Granted he’s not had a run of games.  

Strange one though as he was getting talked up big time by the likes of Thommo and Michael Stewart a couple of seasons ago but doesn’t seem to have progressed. For someone that fancies himself for set pieces as well his delivery and passing is often poor.  

I’m guessing that as a club we are always looking to sell players and must think that we have more chance of getting money for Erhahon than we do for Cammy. 

53 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Poor management.

Piss poor from Goodwin, total mismanagement of budget and brought in utter garbage. Had months to bring in replacements and never!

It can't be just Goodwin that negotiates deals tho at the club. Would it be right to assume that once an agent gets wind that a club is interested in their player then both agent and player will look at many factors of interested team before entering negotiations such as league, league position, way the team plays, etc.as a bad move for a player is loss of earnings for an agent.
On the subject of Cammy going on loan for the whole season, I just wonder if along with an issue with JG not rating him for team, is this the last year of his contract?
It's the board and the CEO that does the negotiations. Manager gives them a list of players and they try to get them. Problem is the board want SPL football paying championship wages. They'll get their wish next season. Just my opinion. Unless the players we've brought in up their game. No signs of that yet.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
35 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

It's the board and the CEO that does the negotiations. Manager gives them a list of players and they try to get them. Problem is the board want SPL football paying championship wages. They'll get their wish next season. Just my opinion. Unless the players we've brought in up their game. No signs of that yet.

Has it been different since we squandered the Ian Ferguson transfer money years and years ago? I would probably go as far to say you could maybe take away a  few years fairly recently where we have had to recruit heavy due to cancelling contracts of really crap players brought in by managers. 

23 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Failed to deliver any time he’s had a chance in the last season and a bit. Granted he’s not had a run of games.  

Strange one though as he was getting talked up big time by the likes of Thommo and Michael Stewart a couple of seasons ago but doesn’t seem to have progressed. For someone that fancies himself for set pieces as well his delivery and passing is often poor.  

I’m guessing that as a club we are always looking to sell players and must think that we have more chance of getting money for Erhahon than we do for Cammy. 

Michael Stewart was talking Cammy up this season mate not 2 year ago and asking why he wasn't playing more often... said he was one the Scotland's brightest talents.... think considering the level he played at. I'd say he's not a bad judge 

28 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Exactly. Spent a lot, if not all of the budget early doors and was possibly hoping that if McGrath moved on this window, it would open up funds to add 2 or 3 more including the new boy.

It would of suited us all better if that McGrath deal with hibs had went through lastnight, McGrath has been wanting to leave for a while but he has been saying all the right things in the press about being happy here etc, he was In Middlesbrough just about to sign when the owner pulled the plug on his deal, McGrath’s agent has then been on the blower straight away to the likes of Aberdeen and hibs trying to get a deal done which never happened.

Scott Allan and Drey Wright wanted to come and it was all agreed along with 300k, Scott Allan would of been class for us but Drey Wright would of been very meh but we would of had money there to dip into the free agent market.

Now we are going to lose McGrath for nothing as he wanted to go and there is zero chance of him signing a new deal.

Say what you want but that deal lastnight would of been perfect for us in my opinion.

Jim doesnt negotiate deals that is left to the likes of Tony and others. Jim lets them know who he would like and a list of them and alternatives he might speak to the player at some point as is often mentioned by new signings but thats as far as it goes. Those above have spu**ed the budget. They should not have sanctioned a well thought of player by loads of others to go to a rival. They need to help goody and get at least the 2 wide men in from the freebie market or we can forget this season. 

Michael Stewart was talking Cammy up this season mate not 2 year ago and asking why he wasn't playing more often... said he was one the Scotland's brightest talents.... think considering the level he played at. I'd say he's not a bad judge 
What level did Alan Stubbs play at. [emoji848]