Cammy MacPherson. Are we aff wur heed?

Cammy played some very fine games for us last season, but has not been able to have the same effect when he's been on the pitch this season. This may be due to a loss of form, but or just the fact that JG thinks he doesn't fit into the system he wants to play.

Despite some of the comments above that Cammy is just a 'fringe squad player', both Stephen Thompson and Michael Stewart rate him better than that. In addition, Callum Davidson, rated one of the best young managers in the country following his two cup successes last season, surely sees something in Cammy or he wouldn't want him in his squad.

7 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Jim doesnt negotiate deals that is left to the likes of Tony and others. Jim lets them know who he would like and a list of them and alternatives he might speak to the player at some point as is often mentioned by new signings but thats as far as it goes. Those above have spu**ed the budget. They should not have sanctioned a well thought of player by loads of others to go to a rival. They need to help goody and get at least the 2 wide men in from the freebie market or we can forget this season. 

I would say this transfer window (and the last) highlights just how important a job Gus MacPherson was doing. Yes I know it's a different world with the pandemic but there seems to be a notable difference in recruitment over the period he was employed. 

What a load of crap.... 
In what way exactly. We will never improve without better players than Cammy, he really isn't that good and the loan makes perfect sense given he won't play against us (surely a huge positive for everyone who thinks he's suddenly about to morph into the next meatball)

It would of suited us all better if that McGrath deal with hibs had went through lastnight, McGrath has been wanting to leave for a while but he has been saying all the right things in the press about being happy here etc, he was In Middlesbrough just about to sign when the owner pulled the plug on his deal, McGrath’s agent has then been on the blower straight away to the likes of Aberdeen and hibs trying to get a deal done which never happened.
Scott Allan and Drey Wright wanted to come and it was all agreed along with 300k, Scott Allan would of been class for us but Drey Wright would of been very meh but we would of had money there to dip into the free agent market.
Now we are going to lose McGrath for nothing as he wanted to go and there is zero chance of him signing a new deal.
Say what you want but that deal lastnight would of been perfect for us in my opinion.
I would disagree that "Scott Allan and Drey Wright did not want to come" there is no way they wanted to finish this transfer window with a last minute move to relegation threatened St Mirren.

Scott Allan was at Inverness for a reason same reason Hibs hastily tried to dump him on us midnight last night if that boy was half the player he was a few years ago he wouldn't be anywhere near joining St Mirren.

Mcgrath is twice the player Allan is at present as he is a better player than the 1 St Johnstone punted for £1.2 million lasts nights deal was terrible for us both on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I would disagree that "Scott Allan and Drey Wright did not want to come" there is no way they wanted to finish this transfer window with a last minute move to relegation threatened St Mirren.

Scott Allan was at Inverness for a reason same reason Hibs hastily tried to dump him on us midnight last night if that boy was half the player he was a few years ago he wouldn't be anywhere near joining St Mirren.

Mcgrath is twice the player Allan is at present as he is a better player than the 1 St Johnstone punted for £1.2 million lasts nights deal was terrible for us both on and off the pitch.

Whit?

If they didn’t want to come why were they happy and agreed to the terms on offer, they both were signing permanent deals with us, hibs can’t force them to agree.

Also Ali McCann is a far better player than McGrath and I would have him in my team ahead of him every day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Jim doesnt negotiate deals that is left to the likes of Tony and others. Jim lets them know who he would like and a list of them and alternatives he might speak to the player at some point as is often mentioned by new signings but thats as far as it goes. Those above have spu**ed the budget. They should not have sanctioned a well thought of player by loads of others to go to a rival. They need to help goody and get at least the 2 wide men in from the freebie market or we can forget this season. 

Mate Goodwin wasn't playing the boy.. and has just brought in another midfield player Connor Ronan ON LOAN so Cammy drops further down the pecking order, Tells me Goodwin doesn't rate him much does in not,  but plenty people do and that must include the manager of the year Callum Davidson, 

So what happens next... 

Connor Ronan is in now the shop window for a year and does reasonably well...  in comes Jack the Jackal or whoever 

Cammy does well at St Johnstone  next year comes back here and runs down his contract leaves for virtually nowt.

In the meantime St Johnstone have just raked in 2 million in transfers... if our manager doesn't rate him and St Johnstone want him. why aren't we saying you can buy him show us some of that the money .. 

This looks like mismanagement by our club from top to bottom or I'm I missing something

23 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Mate Goodwin wasn't playing the boy.. and has just brought in another midfield player Connor Ronan ON LOAN so Cammy drops further down the pecking order, Tells me Goodwin doesn't rate him much does in not,  but plenty people do and that must include the manager of the year Callum Davidson, 

So what happens next... 

Connor Ronan is in now the shop window for a year and does reasonably well...  in comes Jack the Jackal or whoever 

Cammy does well at St Johnstone  next year comes back here and runs down his contract leaves for virtually nowt.

In the meantime St Johnstone have just raked in 2 million in transfers... if our manager doesn't rate him and St Johnstone want him. why aren't we saying you can buy him show us some of that the money .. 

This looks like mismanagement by our club from top to bottom or I'm I missing something

I am actually agreeing with you might have just worded it wrongly. There are so many in the game that do rate him. If Goody doesnt then don’t strengthen rivals unless for cash as you said he performs well comes back fcuks off on a free. Ronan comes in and shows form then others then know about him and away he might go from Wolves in a perm albeit at a cost as just resigned in a 4 year deal. Davidson rates him enough to want him to replace McCann for the season so get a fee at least at worst it would be developmental fee. I usually am a look at the positive with us but these past few months the ship has turned we are a shambles and as you say top to bottom. We will by look of it have a midfield that will end up with right sore necks watching the ball go by. I think Ronan was more for JDH but can operate in a few positions from the outside JG doesnt trust or have faith in Cammy. But gee dont loan him to a rival make them pay a perm fee

3 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I am actually agreeing with you might have just worded it wrongly. There are so many in the game that do rate him. If Goody doesnt then don’t strengthen rivals unless for cash as you said he performs well comes back fcuks off on a free. Ronan comes in and shows form then others then know about him and away he might go from Wolves in a perm albeit at a cost as just resigned in a 4 year deal. Davidson rates him enough to want him to replace McCann for the season so get a fee at least at worst it would be developmental fee. I usually am a look at the positive with us but these past few months the ship has turned we are a shambles and as you say top to bottom. We will by look of it have a midfield that will end up with right sore necks watching the ball go by. I think Ronan was more for JDH but can operate in a few positions from the outside JG doesnt trust or have faith in Cammy. But gee dont loan him to a rival make them pay a perm fee

Wasn't criticising you mate.... and I agree 100% with your post above,  total madness it is... gives you the impression the people running the club haven't a clue and have never managed a football club before....  Come to think of it what club did Kibble run before they came to us ? ? ? Anyone know

My dad's thinks it was Third Lanark whatever happened to them 🤔

59 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Wasn't criticising you mate.... and I agree 100% with your post above,  total madness it is... gives you the impression the people running the club haven't a clue and have never managed a football club before....  Come to think of it what club did Kibble run before they came to us ? ? ? Anyone know

My dad's thinks it was Third Lanark whatever happened to them 🤔

Lol apologies i read it wrong lol day 8 of forced self lsolation double jabbed and then boom lol 

2 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Goody spunked budget on crap players!

1 hour ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I personally think the deal was sheeeat for us I genuinely didnt know of Drey Wright till mentioned in the deal and Scott Allan is past his best why take 17 goals however they were scored out the team and replace possibly with someone that scored 8 in 2.5 years at Hibs in over 50 games 

He could take penalties 

I honestly cant believe some of the crap on here.

Cammy was and is a decent player, but too similar to some others we have - Ronan sounds more of a playmaker type, so in that sense we now have a better balance.

There is no way swapping McGrath for cash plus a 29 year old with a heart condition and Drey Wright made any sense whatsoever. McGrath will still go in January, but hopefully to a team in England - i dont think hes the type of player to go in the huff as he didnt get a big move.

McPherson would be more of a loss if he was more consistent, but sadly he's not.

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Cammy gave 100%. Promising player who scored some great goals. But..The manager picks his players. He stands or falls on the results he gets. Last years weren’t bad! Good luck to Cammy and good luck to our new midfielder. 

He is definitely going to fall this season think he could be gone by Christmas.

12 minutes ago, elvis said:

He is definitely going to fall this season think he could be gone by Christmas.

If Cammy does well this season , this could well be the rock that JG perishes on. I can see him signing a PCA with St Johnstone in January , by which time we would need to have offered him a new deal or we don't get a development fee !

1 hour ago, God of war said:

He could take penalties 

Its irrespective if he scored 1 or all 17 from the spot it would still have been losing a player that had 17 goals all in last season for us and 5 years younger than Allan who has a grand total of 8 goals in 2.5 years recently for Hibs and has had various injuries. I know which one i prefer 

1 hour ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Its irrespective if he scored 1 or all 17 from the spot it would still have been losing a player that had 17 goals all in last season for us and 5 years younger than Allan who has a grand total of 8 goals in 2.5 years recently for Hibs and has had various injuries. I know which one i prefer 

Its not just the injuries, its the very sad serious heart condition he suffers from which would put me off.

Whit?
If they didn’t want to come why were they happy and agreed to the terms on offer, they both were signing permanent deals with us, hibs can’t force them to agree.
Also Ali McCann is a far better player than McGrath and I would have him in my team ahead of him every day of the week.
Honestly you are deluded you know these guys were happy to come to St Mirren how exactly???

At 10pm last night there was no transfer to St Mirren as Mcgrath was going to Middlesbrough fast forward 2 hours I would imagine Hibs told them move to St Mirren is all you can get or spend next 6 months sitting in stand with no chance of playing they most likely reluctantly agreed to the less shite option of coming to us but you seem convinced they were somehow happy.

Can imagine Scott Allan interview after raising the St Mirren scarf above his head it was always my dream to play at St Mirren when I missed transfer to Rangers and wasted away at Celtic, Hibs and Inverness I just dreamt of playing at new St Mirren Park now my dream has came true.

28 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I think the lad from Wolves will be a step up from Cammy. St Johnstone must have been willing to pay a decent percentage (if not all) of his wages. I get it. 

Left winger from free agents and we'll be fine 

There's not much to suggest this boy from "Wolves" (saying from Wolves is stretching it, 7 games, and not full games :lol: and way back in 2016 & 2018,) will be anything more than a gamble, more so the fact he's coming into a team that seem to be all over the place, no real pattern and no confidence.

Time will tell. 

Edited by faraway saint