Cammy MacPherson. Are we aff wur heed?

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

According to individuals on The fakes thread on P & B, their collective opinion is that Cammy McPherson is absolutely rotten.

We can take their opinions with a pinch of salt , they think Shaun Rooney is a superstar ! ☺️

27 minutes ago, billyg said:

We can take their opinions with a pinch of salt , they think Shaun Rooney is a superstar ! ☺️

i  would hope we bring him back but he could do a job for st j in the championship next season 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, billyg said:

JG has just confirmed he's signed a PCA with the Fakes , and we've recalled him , crazy situation !

Not really. As JG says, why help them out in their time of strife without any financial outlay?

Jim Goodwin sets out St Mirren stance on Cammy MacPherson as he tells St Johnstone to cough up if they want midfielder back - Daily Record

I'm not sure whether the "buying" club or the player have to inform us that MacPherson has signed a PCA or not. If it's the latter, then the fakes have fucked it up big time.:lol:

They're always going on about how loaded they are. I'd say £100K will be enough to secure one of our prize assets.:rolleyes::lol

Edited by FTOF

44 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Not really. As JG says, why help them out in their time of strife without any financial outlay?

Jim Goodwin sets out St Mirren stance on Cammy MacPherson as he tells St Johnstone to cough up if they want midfielder back - Daily Record

I'm not sure whether the "buying" club or the player have to inform us that MacPherson has signed a PCA or not. If it's the latter, then the fakes have fucked it up big time.:lol:

They're always going on about how loaded they are. I'd say £100K will be enough to secure one of our prize assets.:rolleyes::lol

When I said crazy , I meant very unusual , I can't remember another example where this happened ?

I can see JG's point really. Mc Pherson doesn't feature in his plans, he's out on loan and signed a PCA with club. He has been recalled but will be so far down pecking order he won't play unless the fakes want him now then they need to pay a bit otherwise they will get a non match fit player. Good move by JG imo.

42 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

The danger is that we now have an unhappy player in the camp that won’t be there next season. Unless this is resolved in the few days I can’t see it being a good thing. 

He can train with youth players then and be nowhere near the seniors players 

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

The danger is that we now have an unhappy player in the camp that won’t be there next season. Unless this is resolved in the few days I can’t see it being a good thing. 

If he has signed a PCA and we offer him a contract  , will it be the case that a fee could be set by a tribunal , so that would mean it makes sense both clubs agree a fee this window . Clever I think . Would still prefer Cammy stays with us 

All very confusing. Surely Saintees were going to be paying his wages for the remainder of the season. 

By calling him back we risk being lumbered with that outlay unless they think it’s worth the cash to spring him early.  

Would we be due a development fee from the PCA? 

All very confusing. Surely Saintees were going to be paying his wages for the remainder of the season. 

By calling him back we risk being lumbered with that outlay unless they think it’s worth the cash to spring him early.  

Would we be due a development fee from the PCA? 

Were they paying all his wages?

It all depends on what he was earning and what he will be earning. If they are willing to pay more than he was currently on, then we only need to offer what he was currently on to receive a fee if he has already signed a PCA. I think. [emoji848][emoji1787]

Smart move. I imagine Cammy isn't one of our bigger earners so bringing him back for the rest of the season forces St. Johnstone's hand one way or the other and does so at relatively little cost to ourselves. 

Like it or not they are rivals in terms of where 5hey are in the league in comparison to us so if they want to strengthen with one of our assets, then they should be paying the premium to do so. 

21 hours ago, FTOF said:

Makes sense