Cammy MacPherson. Are we aff wur heed?

On 1/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

If he has signed a PCA and we offer him a contract  , will it be the case that a fee could be set by a tribunal , so that would mean it makes sense both clubs agree a fee this window . Clever I think . Would still prefer Cammy stays with us 

I think he's too old now, I believe compensation of this type ends at 23, which he turned in December. 

Edit*** read into it a bit more, see below. Could sign him for nothing first day of 2022/23 season. 

Edited by bazil85

22 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Also worth noting that we'll more than likely offer Cammy a new deal on the wages he's currently on, so even if we can't draw a fee for him now, St. Johnstone will still need to pay a development fee for him as he was still under 23 at the start of this season.

Only payable to the end of the season when he turns 23 is my understanding. They can just wait and officially sign him in the summer when the first day of next season is officially recognised for nothing. It will be a matter of them wanting him now or not and if they meet our valuation. 

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

What's the point in paying his wages till the end of the season for him to sit on the bench?

When you send a player in the last year of his contract on a season long loan, then surely we couldn't have expected him to do anything else other than leave us at the end of the season. 

Would be surprised now if a deal isn't struck in January, seems it benefits all parties.

They won't want a player that likely won't kick a ball for the rest of the season, we won't want to pay his wages, he won't be massively expensive to them given their transfer income this season. 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Only payable to the end of the season when he turns 23 is my understanding. They can just wait and officially sign him in the summer when the first day of next season is officially recognised for nothing. It will be a matter of them wanting him now or not and if they meet our valuation. 

A moot point now but that's not the case. As long as we offered him a deal this season, we'd have been due compensation.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A moot point now but that's not the case. As long as we offered him a deal this season, we'd have been due compensation.

image.png.3980a0f8e671cd81c36e1080dedf3951.png

Only payable "until the end of the season of the player's 23rd birthday." In other words, only until the end of this season. From day one season 2022/23 we wouldn't be due any money as he'd be turning 24 that season not 23. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

image.png.3980a0f8e671cd81c36e1080dedf3951.png

Only payable "until the end of the season of the player's 23rd birthday." In other words, only until the end of this season. From day one season 2022/23 we wouldn't be due any money as he'd be turning 24 that season not 23. 

It doesn't quite mean that - it takes into account when the player in question signed the deal they are on.

Even if St. Johnstone did try that, a tribunal would have picked it apart.

Pointless arguing about it though, we've got money for him now and it's done.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It doesn't quite mean that - it takes into account when the player in question signed the deal they are on.

Even if St. Johnstone did try that, a tribunal would have picked it apart.

Pointless arguing about it though, we've got money for him now and it's done.

Agree it’s a bit pointless arguing about it but I can’t see how there can’t be a cut off for when compensation is due based on age. Never seen a situation where a club is owed compensation for a player who turns 24 in a given season, open to examples. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 6:21 AM, stlucifer said:

Not only have we not signed enough attacking midfielders, we decide to let one of ours leave for a rival premier league club. I firmly believe Cammy should have had more game time with us and this will come back to bite us on the @rse. Our club is in freefall at the moment and some of the decisions, on and off the park, are baffling.

image.jpeg.9b0c0532722deca66591566e84afff03.jpeg

I don't know why you feel the need to quote me because a good footballer has suffered unexpectated injuries but, at the time, with the manager we had and the recruitment drive, I stand by what I said. The lad had NO injury issues with us and was certainly an attacking midfielder. To regurgitate something from over a year and a half when we had a totally different situation says more about you than me.