Jump to content

Cammy MacPherson. Are we aff wur heed?


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There's not much to suggest this boy from "Wolves" (saying from Wolves is stretching it, 7 games, and not full games :lol:) will be anything more than a gamble, more so the fact he's coming into a team that seem to be all over the place, no real pattern and no confidence.

Time will tell. 

Wolves is a hell of a level above St Mirren ?

Goodwin has seen a lot of Ronan and rates him highly. For Goodwin its not a gamble at all.

Ronan sounds like what we need in midfield. A bit of creativity and someone who can go back to front.

Goodwin has done well in finding players, Doyle-Hayes, McGrath, McCarthy etc and I suspect he will find a few more this season.

If we can get a decent winger in then we'll be ok. Hopefully young Henderson can step up this season also.

McPherson hasn't cut it at SMFC for quite a while and Goodwin's judgement is right.

 

Edited by lenziebud
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, lenziebud said:

Goodwin has seen a lot of Ronan and rates him highly. For Goodwin its not a gamble at all.

Ronan sounds like what we need in midfield. A bit of creativity and someone who can go back to front.

Goodwin has done well in finding players, Doyle-Hayes, McGrath, McCarthy etc and I suspect he will find a few more this season.

If we can get a decent winger in then we'll be ok. Hopefully young Henedrson can step up this season also.

McPherson hasn't cut it at SMFC for quite a while and Goodwin's judgement is right.

 

Where, exactly, has Goodwin seen him?

As for the few you've mentioned i could easily comeback with others who have failed to set the heather on fire. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Goody didnt he doesnt negotiate contracts etc he knows the budget and advises of a list if pot A,B,C options and leaves it to higher up to deal with it. 

Your talking absolute pish, Goodwin knows excact budget, how much he has to spend. How much he has spent and how much he has left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I think the lad from Wolves will be a step up from Cammy. St Johnstone must have been willing to pay a decent percentage (if not all) of his wages. I get it. 

Left winger from free agents and we'll be fine 

I like your positivity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Why on earth would people carp about signing a rated player they don't really know about?  Different if we signed a known dud from the SPFL, but this is not the case.

let give him a chance and then decide how pish, or unpish, he really is

Rated? :lol:

Aye, why would people start to build up a player we know nothing about, desperately talking about him being a Wolves, player when that's hilarious.

7 league appearances, not 90 minutes, over 2 seasons. 

In fact 124 games, or part games, over 5 seasons, 12 of them for U23's for Wolves. 

Time will tell. 

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Wolves is a hell of a level above St Mirren ?

Goodwin has seen a lot of Ronan and rates him highly. For Goodwin its not a gamble at all.

Ronan sounds like what we need in midfield. A bit of creativity and someone who can go back to front.

Goodwin has done well in finding players, Doyle-Hayes, McGrath, McCarthy etc and I suspect he will find a few more this season.

If we can get a decent winger in then we'll be ok. Hopefully young Henderson can step up this season also.

McPherson hasn't cut it at SMFC for quite a while and Goodwin's judgement is right.

 

And what does that say about Callum Davidson then ? he's a Numpty 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Where, exactly, has Goodwin seen him?

As for the few you've mentioned i could easily comeback with others who have failed to set the heather on fire. 

 

St Mirren have 'class act' in Connor Ronan as Cammy MacPherson departs - Not The Old Firm

“He’s one that is very comfortable on the ball, technically very good and highly regarded at Wolves where he has just signed a three-year deal. I watched Connor playing for the Irish U21s a couple of seasons ago and he was outstanding in Toulon for the Republic. We tried to get him in last season but couldn’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

St Mirren have 'class act' in Connor Ronan as Cammy MacPherson departs - Not The Old Firm

“He’s one that is very comfortable on the ball, technically very good and highly regarded at Wolves where he has just signed a three-year deal. I watched Connor playing for the Irish U21s a couple of seasons ago and he was outstanding in Toulon for the Republic. We tried to get him in last season but couldn’t.

A lot? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

And what does that say about Callum Davidson then ? he's a Numpty 

It says that he rates MacPherson.

However, he isn't infallible when it comes to judging a player and MacPherson could just as well be a dud as a success. One thing is fact though, that McCann is a far superior player to MacPherson and The Fakes are weaker without both him and Kerr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It says that he rates MacPherson.

However, he isn't infallible when it comes to judging a player and MacPherson could just as well be a dud as a success. One thing is fact though, that McCann is a far superior player to MacPherson and The Fakes are weaker without both him and Kerr.

At this point in time you're right. I think McPherson will come on leaps and bounds under Davidson , which will show up Goodwin as a guy who plays his favourites !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, billyg said:

Even when he plays them out of position in midfield , when he has other midfielders available ?

Gus MacPherson used to do it too.

Also, surely you've seen fans of other teams on P&B moaning about particular players getting games when it would appear that there are "better" players on the bench?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, God of war said:

Your talking absolute pish, Goodwin knows excact budget, how much he has to spend. How much he has spent and how much he has left. 

Goodwin tells the board his list and if they sign someone he knows the new budget but the board still has his list. He doest not say you must sign x y or z get friggin real managers no longer do all that stuff. The coach and hierarchy deal with signings if you dont know  the simple facts of club signings why are you here. Ohhh i forgot to be a wind up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Goodwin tells the board his list and if they sign someone he knows the new budget but the board still has his list. He doest not say you must sign x y or z get friggin real managers no longer do all that stuff. The coach and hierarchy deal with signings if you dont know  the simple facts of club signings why are you here. Ohhh i forgot to be a wind up 

Your talking a lot of shite...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, God of war said:

Piss poor from Goodwin, total mismanagement of budget and brought in utter garbage. Had months to bring in replacements and never!

Totally agree... maybe my tinted glasses are slipping but we are doing what we do best..relative success followed by abject failure.. off and on the park.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Am i really when did you become the almighty in the inner workings of football coach/management and club running business or the actual common knowledge of the way it works

So Goodwin never wasted budget on Brophy, Main, Kiltie etc? Who's idea was it to sign these guys and use most of budget?

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, God of war said:

So Goodwin never wasted budget on Brophy, Main, Kiltie etc? Who's idea was it to sign these guys and use most of budget?

Agreed....the other point is we signed slow and got rid of quick...Mcgrath is less effective because of that....Main is pish... Brophy needs a tall front guy.... simple solution required...pace wide and a front guy we have neither.... if i can see this why cant the so called football brains 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Agreed....the other point is we signed slow and got rid of quick...Mcgrath is less effective because of that....Main is pish... Brophy needs a tall front guy.... simple solution required...pace wide and a front guy we have neither.... if i can see this why cant the so called football brains 

I'd say Main has actually been better than Brophy, both fecking honking though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Totally agree... maybe my tinted glasses are slipping but we are doing what we do best..relative success followed by abject failure.. off and on the park.... 

Personally I wasn't kidded by our relative success last year, I thought we were dreadful to watch most weeks,  and whether some like to admit it or not there were quite a few teams who totally under performed last season, Celtic Aberdeen, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, and even StJohnstone early in the season were poor, they were rock bottom at one point,  

How many chances did we have to finish in the top 6,  as far as I remember we hardly won a game in the last 10 we played, We should easily have finished in the top 6 considering where we were. 

The last game against Hamilton particular sticks in my throat,  win and top 6 assured, what happened we take the lead and sit back then lose a goal and finish the game with no strikers on the pitch in a game we had to win... absolutely shocking 😡

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 12:11 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 9/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, portmahomack saint said:
What a load of crap.... 

In what way exactly. We will never improve without better players than Cammy, he really isn't that good and the loan makes perfect sense given he won't play against us (surely a huge positive for everyone who thinks he's suddenly about to morph into the next meatball)

Couldn’t agree less

good performers don’t become bad for no reason

the coaching and tactics play a big part 

maybe Cammy  would have found more favour if he was Irish or a Goodwin signing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...