Welcome Matt Millar

shull

Ryan Flynn???
We have been played with wing backs so far this season and Flynn is t getting a look in. He also I wouldn't class as having pace TBH either. I do wish he was getting some time on the pitch as Erhahon is very inconsistent and I think Flynn could potentially help link play in the middle instead of playing Hoofball

We have been played with wing backs so far this season and Flynn is t getting a look in. He also I wouldn't class as having pace TBH either. I do wish he was getting some time on the pitch as Erhahon is very inconsistent and I think Flynn could potentially help link play in the middle instead of playing Hoofball
The last time he got a look in we won 5-1 away from home the fact he doesn't get a look in shows how clueless our manager is.

Bar Jamie Mcgrath, Flynn is easily most talented footballer we have at the club.

49 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The last time he got a look in we won 5-1 away from home the fact he doesn't get a look in shows how clueless our manager is.

Bar Jamie Mcgrath, Flynn is easily most talented footballer we have at the club.

He's started 9 games since that Dundee Utd victory , just sayin' !

46 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

He played against Celtic, we lost 6-0, he got hooked at half-time as very poor. Flynn is done, the best part of his game was his pace and as he's got older and his bad luck with injuries he's not this level anymore. 

Blaming a "clueless" manager (who delivered our highest league finish in 30 years last season) that sees him every training day makes little sense. 

The manager in question exercised a one-year contract option on a guy who by your own 'expert' appraisal is apparently 'done' and 'not of this level anymore' despite seeing him in training every day. His bad luck with injuries and apparent loss of pace are two things that were well documented and known before the option was taken up.

This isn't a go at Flynn as do I still think he has something to offer but this bending over backwards shtick to attribute no blame whatsoever to people in charge who are making decisions at the club is frankly f**king bizarre.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The manager in question exercised a one-year contract option on a guy who by your own 'expert' appraisal is apparently 'done' and 'not of this level anymore' despite seeing him in training every day. His bad luck with injuries and apparent loss of pace are two things that were well documented and known before the option was taken up.

This isn't a go at Flynn as do I still think he has something to offer but this bending over backwards shtick to attribute no blame whatsoever to people in charge who are making decisions at the club is frankly f**king bizarre.

Was it Goodwin that exercised the option or was the option Flynn's to exercise? I don't know and can't find it online. If it was Goodwin then yep, a bit of a strange call imo that I don't think was the right one. Only thing I can think if that was the case, is he maybe seen him as a good option in the squad. I personally think based on last season he is past it at this level & we should have looked elsewhere.

So based on above, your last bit is wrong. I have pointed similar out on multiple other threads when people claim I don't attach blame to people at the club. Your claim Goodwin is clueless, a manager that's improved our league position the two full seasons he's been here to the extend we finished higher than we have for 30 years is just nonsense. 

Edited by bazil85

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Was it Goodwin that exercised the option or was the option Flynn's to exercise? I don't know and can't find it online. If it was Goodwin then yep, a bit of a strange call imo that I don't think was the right one. Only thing I can think if that was the case, is he maybe seen him as a good option in the squad. I personally think based on last season he is past it at this level & we should have looked elsewhere.

So based on above, your last bit is wrong. I have pointed similar out on multiple other threads when people claim I don't attach blame to people at the club. Your claim Goodwin is clueless, a manager that's improved our league position the two full seasons he's been here to the extend we finished higher than we have for 30 years is just nonsense. 

Go on then... I'll bite.

Show me where in this exchange I've claimed that Jim Goodwin is clueless. In fact, I'll make it even easier for you, show me anywhere on this thread that I have not only criticised him but offered up ANY opinion on his managerial abilities or lack thereof. 

Then, to take a leaf out of your book, you can apologise to me.