Welcome Matt Millar

shull

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Go on then... I'll bite.

Show me where in this exchange I've claimed that Jim Goodwin is clueless. In fact, I'll make it even easier for you, show me anywhere on this thread that I have not only criticised him but offered up ANY opinion on his managerial abilities or lack thereof. 

Then, to take a leaf out of your book, you can apologise to me.

He might need 24 hours to answer that. :whistle

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Go on then... I'll bite.

Show me where in this exchange I've claimed that Jim Goodwin is clueless. In fact, I'll make it even easier for you, show me anywhere on this thread that I have not only criticised him but offered up ANY opinion on his managerial abilities or lack thereof. 

Then, to take a leaf out of your book, you can apologise to me.

Apologise, I was getting you mixed up with previous poster Ronnie. 👍

The manager in question exercised a one-year contract option on a guy who by your own 'expert' appraisal is apparently 'done' and 'not of this level anymore' despite seeing him in training every day.

Was it Goodwin that exercised the option or was the option Flynn's to exercise? I don't know and can't find it online

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3990-2020-21-squad-update

"The club has triggered an option to extend Ryan Flynn’s contract by another year"

Yeah, was really hard to find online [emoji848]

Ryan Flynn Contract 2021..........

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3990-2020-21-squad-update

"The club has triggered an option to extend Ryan Flynn’s contract by another year"

Yeah, was really hard to find online emoji848.png

Ryan Flynn Contract 2021..........

I only looked directly on the website/ googled Ryan Flynn & couldn’t see it. Fair enough, I don’t think that was the best call. Think he’s past it but hope he proves that wrong this season. 

Imagine writing off a club employee. What “supporter” would do that?
If you are reading this Mr Flynn please prove this guy wrong. 
Over my Saints supporting life I’ve witnessed players older than Ryan Flynn prove their critics and doubters wrong despite their age, speed and injuries.
Two examples spring to mind. Tam Turner and Andy Millen. Two exceptional leaders who led successful St Mirren sides.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji3590]

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Over my Saints supporting life I’ve witnessed players older than Ryan Flynn prove their critics and doubters wrong despite their age, speed and injuries.

Two examples spring to mind. Tam Turner and Andy Millen. Two exceptional leaders who led successful St Mirren sides.

My opinion is he’s done. You don’t have to agree. I also feel there’s fair difference in the positions those two players played compared to Flynn. He doesn’t have the legs for it, again IMO.

Also note my stalker is right gagging for a bite. How sad 😂

3 minutes ago, Slash said:

So what do you suggest the club do? Terminate his contract? Are you saying that JG and his staff have made a massive mistake and they should be sacked too?

I see you can’t offer alternatives to Tam and Andy. I’ve met both of them recently and I reckon they could still do a good shift. Good solid pros who trained well and delivered when so called “supporters” like you wrote them off.

I just can’t win eh? You’re highlighting the lose lose situation I find myself on in this website. 
- I say something positive ‘you never criticise anything about the club’ 

- I say something negative ‘ you saying he should be sacked!!’ 

Your post highlights the utter desperation & nonsense we see on here. No I don’t think his contract should be terminated, I don’t think it’s a ‘massive’ mistake & I don’t think anyone should be sacked. 

This might blow your mind… Tam & Andy are different players to Ryan Flynn. I agree keeping them at that time was right. I don’t think keeping Flynn was. You may hate different opinions but I am allowed to have one. 

I just can’t win eh? You’re highlighting the lose lose situation I find myself on in this website. 
- I say something positive ‘you never criticise anything about the club’ 
- I say something negative ‘ you saying he should be sacked!!’ 
Your post highlights the utter desperation & nonsense we see on here. No I don’t think his contract should be terminated, I don’t think it’s a ‘massive’ mistake & I don’t think anyone should be sacked. 

This might blow your mind… Tam & Andy are different players to Ryan Flynn. I agree keeping them at that time was right. I don’t think keeping Flynn was. You may hate different opinions but I am allowed to have one. 
It wasn't just negative.

It was a personal attack on a club employee... But we already know you don't care about them.

Expendable numbers!

Flynn is done, the best part of his game was his pace and as he's got older and his bad luck with injuries he's not this level anymore. 

Yet the manager, who has my support 100% gave him a contract extension.

Still... You know best... and no doubt saying a club employee is "done" isn't a personal attack!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Yet the manager, who has my support 100% gave him a contract extension.

Still... You know best... and no doubt saying a club employee is "done" isn't a personal attack!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yep, I’m allowed to disagree. As I say, I can’t win on here. I’m either too positive or I get panned (by a few bitter posters) 

it’s my opinion, his lack of appearances & impact would suggest there’s a good chance it’s right. Nope, of course it’s not, same as your claims of abuse & racism have been wrong. You’re just so bitter towards me you have to take out your anger that I still post.

You’ll have to accept that though, I’m going nowhere 😀

Yep, I’m allowed to disagree. As I say, I can’t win on here. I’m either too positive or I get panned (by a few bitter posters) 
it’s my opinion, his lack of appearances & impact would suggest there’s a good chance it’s right. Nope, of course it’s not, same as your claims of abuse & racism have been wrong. You’re just so bitter towards me you have to take out your anger that I still post.

You’ll have to accept that though, I’m going nowhere [emoji3]
Again... No....
I do not HAVE to accept anything.

I will choose to or not... More passive aggressive deflection.

You will though, I’m going nowhere & you have to accept it. [emoji3]
More deflection.

I refer to 99% of your inane petty diatribe and you quote the last sentence which is as obvious as your narcissism! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I do not HAVE to choose to accept anything you say.

I do choose to resign myself to your neediness being a constant on this forum.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

More deflection.

I refer to 99% of your inane petty diatribe and you quote the last sentence which is as obvious as your narcissism! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I do not HAVE to choose to accept anything you say.

I do choose to resign myself to your neediness being a constant on this forum.

If you think I haven’t addressed something, feel free to ask again. 

But you do have to accept it 😀

There is no choice in you responding to me, it’s an addiction you can’t get over. You’ve tried, you’ve failed & you’ve even rejected my multiple offers to bury the hatchet. It’s a need not a choice at this point. 

But you do have to accept it [emoji3]
There is no choice in you responding to me, it’s an addiction you can’t get over. You’ve tried, you’ve failed & you’ve even rejected my multiple offers to bury the hatchet. It’s a need not a choice at this point. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But you do have to accept it [emoji3]
So you confess to being an online bully.

People HAVE to accept your point of view.

You are right.

Your way or the highway.

Even for good employees like Ryan Flynn, supported and given.a contract extension by the manager you once claimed to support.

Now you question his decision making.

Personally, I support him fully and his right to make decisions that either one of us might disagree with.

He's the man in charge of the team.

What I'm more concerned about is the running of the club... Teething problems? Aye right. [emoji850][emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

As I have posted elsewhere on this player:

Hopefully he lives up to the comments made by JG and he does bring some width, speed and crossing abilities to the team as they are badly needed from what I have seen so far this year..

Welcome to Saints and if you just want to see what playing for Saints might do for you just have a wee peek at the current Scottish team and squad and see how many players (never mind the manager) have had a direct involvement with the club and also see that we can also sign players that gain a new cap for their country by playing well for us.

Welcome to Paisley from the far-flung shores of Oz.

13 hours ago, Slash said:

Extending RF's contract was a bit of a no-brainer.
JG obviously appreciates certain qualities he brings to the Club, and whilst he may not be the 1st choice on the team sheet he is better by far comparing him with some player he hasn't got and would have to find.

He adds a layer of quality that would probably be hard to find, and easier to re-new that contract than trying to replace him. Perhaps "better with the devil you know............." 😈