Welcome Matt Millar

shull

6 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Extending RF's contract was a bit of a no-brainer.
JG obviously appreciates certain qualities he brings to the Club, and whilst he may not be the 1st choice on the team sheet he is better by far comparing him with some player he hasn't got and would have to find.

He adds a layer of quality that would probably be hard to find, and easier to re-new that contract than trying to replace him. Perhaps "better with the devil you know............." 😈

I agree with the contract extension for RF given the last injury he had and give him a chance, whether he stays at the club in January who knows. I would also throw in that given RF's age we may be his last chance at full time football and it wouldn't really surprise me if the club has been helping him maybe make the adaptations he may have to make, let's not forget JG been down that route having to juggle part time footy and work.

A slightly different situation would be the Cammy one. As its his last year of contract and been sent on loan for the season, I would be very surprised if we see him back at the club.

Noticed a few comments from Shrewsbury fans saying he is destined for a much higher level and will perhaps use St Mirren as a stepping stone to bigger things. Seems to be the type of player that JG is going for. I'm okay with it, likely to put a good shift in! 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Noticed a few comments from Shrewsbury fans saying he is destined for a much higher level and will perhaps use St Mirren as a stepping stone to bigger things. Seems to be the type of player that JG is going for. I'm okay with it, likely to put a good shift in! 

Wish him all the success, so long as we benefit on the park in the mean time. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:22 AM, bazil85 said:

He played against Celtic, we lost 6-0, he got hooked at half-time as very poor. Flynn is done, the best part of his game was his pace and as he's got older and his bad luck with injuries he's not this level anymore. 

Blaming a "clueless" manager (who delivered our highest league finish in 30 years last season) that sees him every training day makes little sense. 

Not the thread to do so probably but a 'done' Flynn was absolutely superb today.

Almost single handedly turned a toothless and shite performance into a constantly dangerous last 20 minutes. 

Not the thread to do so probably but a 'done' Flynn was absolutely superb today.
Almost single handedly turned a toothless and shite performance into a constantly dangerous last 20 minutes. 
Dafty must be listening to the manager who gave him a contract extension and believes in him rather than the negative twat who wanted to toss him onto the scrapheap beside the other clearly expendable club employees.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He did play well.

However, it was against a tired team, who had been second best all second half.

That being said, I'd have liked to see him play from the start, to see what he can offer over 90 minutes. The manager missed a trick IMO.

He did play well.
However, it was against a tired team, who had been second best all second half.
That being said, I'd have liked to see him play from the start, to see what he can offer over 90 minutes. The manager missed a trick IMO.
Goody did say it was a very close call betweens Flynn and young Reid, but he elected to give the youngster a chance to shine.

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Couldn’t get a start ahead of a 16 year old. Suggests to me this is potentially how they will use him in the future, bench impact player at best. 

For me it was Tait & Mcallister that turned the game though, not Flynn. Didn’t see any of those wee runs he was really good at. More a passing game for him. Tait up & down the right, McAllister through the middle gave us something different. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Couldn’t get a start ahead of a 16 year old. Suggests to me this is potentially how they will use him in the future, bench impact player at best. 

For me it was Tait & Mcallister that turned the game though, not Flynn. Didn’t see any of those wee runs he was really good at. More a passing game for him. Tait up & down the right, McAllister through the middle gave us something different. 

I’d like to think that these three combined well to stretch the United defence with Flynn pulling the strings.

I’d like to think that these three combined well to stretch the United defence with Flynn pulling the strings.
Indeed.
As for "couldn't get a start", the manager said it was a very difficult decision that could have gone either way.

As usual, someone else knows better though, or perhaps he is calling JG a liar? [emoji850]

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

McAllister very nearly turned the game by fluffing his lines and letting Dundee Utd in for a one on one with the keeper.

Flynn coming on meant that instead of the game passing us by in the middle of the park, which it had all day until that point, there was someone there with a bit of poise and composure who calmly retained possession rather than the first 60 minutes which was based around aimlessly hoofing it forward and hoping for a bounce.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Fair enough, matter of opinion. For my the best part of Flynn’s game was always running at & getting yards on defenders and yes, stretching the midfield. 

Thought he was okay & gave an option moving the ball forward but United had no answer to Tait down the right & Mcallister was the creative force IMO.

Flynn tried his running game again but I personally just don’t think he has the legs for it anymore at this level. Bar a relegation (and even possibly still then) I would be very surprised if this wasn’t his last season in & around the senior squad. 

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed.
As for "couldn't get a start", the manager said it was a very difficult decision that could have gone either way.

As usual, someone else knows better though, or perhaps he is calling JG a liar? emoji850.png

As I’ve said, I just can’t win with people that are so bitter & furious at my existence they get upset at almost anything I post. 

If I say something positive - tears

Negative - more tears

My ‘opinion’ is Goodwin made the wrong call on Flynn this season. No one has to agree with me but I'm allowed to have it. For someone that is negative about practically all things SMFC, you sure have double standards when it comes to me disagreeing on a club decision. 

Edited by bazil85

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

McAllister very nearly turned the game by fluffing his lines and letting Dundee Utd in for a one on one with the keeper.

Flynn coming on meant that instead of the game passing us by in the middle of the park, which it had all day until that point, there was someone there with a bit of poise and composure who calmly retained possession rather than the first 60 minutes which was based around aimlessly hoofing it forward and hoping for a bounce.

He sure did, only mistake he made. Otherwise he was very good & his creativity was by far better than anyone else on the park. 

Thought he was okay with his passing but that wasn’t for me the strength in his role, it was always his running. He did the job he had to when he came on but I personally think it was Mcallister & Tait that really changed the game going forward.

I’ve given my opinion, Flynn hasn’t done anything this season to change it. 

50 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Fair enough, matter of opinion. For my the best part of Flynn’s game was always running at & getting yards on defenders and yes, stretching the midfield. 

Thought he was okay & gave an option moving the ball forward but United had no answer to Tait down the right & Mcallister was the creative force IMO.

Flynn tried his running game again but I personally just don’t think he has the legs for it anymore at this level. Bar a relegation (and even possibly still then) I would be very surprised if this wasn’t his last season in & around the senior squad. 

I hope you're not suggesting Tait is the answer wide right because he's not ?? 

Miller to me looked a bit off it but hopefully with a bit of time to settle and a few games we'll see a big improvement'

Connor Ronan looks a player to me 👍🏼

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

I hope you're not suggesting Tait is the answer wide right because he's not ?? 

Miller to me looked a bit off it but hopefully with a bit of time to settle and a few games we'll see a big improvement'

Connor Ronan looks a player to me 👍🏼

No I don’t think so, I have confidence the new lad will come good. Feel it’ll likely be Tait’s last season with us as well but credit where due. He was solid when he came on. 

1 hour ago, Slash said:

You abused Ryan Flynn referring to him in an “insulting and offensive way” according to the Oxford dictionary.

You owe him an apology you insulting self abuser. 😂 

FAA1E4DA-CEDF-4480-97CF-A848223980BB.thumb.jpeg.2af5a2295072a0c034447f55f3261c71.jpeg

There was absolutely nothing about my post that was offensive or insulting. If we re-sign Chris Kerr & someone gives the opinion he’s ‘done’ & we shouldn’t have signed him because of his age & injuries, it’s automatically ‘insulting’ aye? 😅

As I have pointed out, you’re just now at the lashing out stage. BEK mark 2 

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There was absolutely nothing about my post that was offensive or insulting. If we re-sign Chris Kerr & someone gives the opinion he’s ‘done’ & we shouldn’t have signed him because of his age & injuries, it’s automatically ‘insulting’ aye? 😅

As I have pointed out, you’re just now at the lashing out stage. BEK mark 2 

You're a "victim" of your never ending desire to keep pointless issues going.

I happen to agree there's serious "nit picking" going on with your posts but you should be asking yourself why is it only you?

If you can't get a serious answer try this...............

Antique Gold Swept Regal Mirror

PS I have had, and still do, had my followers, but tried to starve them of excuses over the last spell. 

Edited by faraway saint