SMISA meeting 6/9/21

Doakes

Seems true to form our fans didn’t disappoint tonight. [emoji23]
You couldn't wait to have a dig at Saints supporters who were asking legitimate questions.

You are the only person I know who calls St Mirren fans St Moan fans.

Since your club went into liquidation you have been an embarrassing nightmare. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think there's an element of Kibble getting the blame for absolutely everything at the moment which is a bit unfair.

Gordon is still on the board, and John is a good guy to have at the helm and I've every confidence in the other SMiSA reps that are on the board.

This is the very start of fan ownership and whilst we're going through a rocky period it should eventually, hopefully settle down. An awful lot has changed at the club, very quickly, and that was always going to take time to settle in.

Personally I'm not massively happy about a number of things that have happened and the general comms have been abysmal but I think things like the new ticketing system will be an improvement going forward, Pitch Pro being on board is good news, and the new catering stuff looks like it might be a bit more expansive than we had before.

The strength of feeling was clearly evident tonight (I was not there but going by the transcript it's pretty clear) and hopefully that will give all parties food for thought and the follow on meeting in 4 weeks might be more positive.

A wee bit of calm wouldn't go amiss right now, IMO.

4 minutes ago, div said:

I think there's an element of Kibble getting the blame for absolutely everything at the moment which is a bit unfair.

Gordon is still on the board, and John is a good guy to have at the helm and I've every confidence in the other SMiSA reps that are on the board.

This is the very start of fan ownership and whilst we're going through a rocky period it should eventually, hopefully settle down. An awful lot has changed at the club, very quickly, and that was always going to take time to settle in.

Personally I'm not massively happy about a number of things that have happened and the general comms have been abysmal but I think things like the new ticketing system will be an improvement going forward, Pitch Pro being on board is good news, and the new catering stuff looks like it might be a bit more expansive than we had before.

The strength of feeling was clearly evident tonight (I was not there but going by the transcript it's pretty clear) and hopefully that will give all parties food for thought and the follow on meeting in 4 weeks might be more positive.

A wee bit of calm wouldn't go amiss right now, IMO.

Agree with this. I didn’t vote for the Kibble purchase as I felt waiting the extra two years until we had funds(not the extra five that is continually flaunted) was the correct way for us to go forward as a fully fan owned club..

However the SMISA members voted for Kibble so we should give them a chance and not blame them for every problem that arises. I get the feeling  that some folk have had it in for Kibble from day 1 and are waiting to blame them any issue.

We voted for the SMISA board members so we need to trust them to get things sorted.

35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You couldn't wait to have a dig at Saints supporters who were asking legitimate questions.

You are the only person I know who calls St Mirren fans St Moan fans.

Since your club went into liquidation you have been an embarrassing nightmare. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

predictable negativity, scapegoating & massive overreaction in certain areas. 

Fans on here & other platforms show why that’s the case near daily. 

It’s funny, you cry about St Moan because it’s in your view what some other club fans call us. In my experience, claiming St Mirren (and other) fans must support/favour one of the bigot brothers is quite common in Celtic & Rangers supporters. I can only assume you having that view has led you to that last comment. 😬

Edited by bazil85

predictable negativity, scapegoating & massive overreaction in certain areas. 

Fans on here & other platforms show why that’s the case near daily. 

It’s funny, you cry about St Moan because it’s in your view what some other club fans call us. In my experience, claiming St Mirren (and other) fans must support/favour one of the bigot brothers is quite common in Celtic & Rangers supported. I can only assume you having that view has led you to that last comment. [emoji51]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You are funny.

15 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Agree with this. I didn’t vote for the Kibble purchase as I felt waiting the extra two years until we had funds(not the extra five that is continually flaunted) was the correct way for us to go forward as a fully fan owned club..

However the SMISA members voted for Kibble so we should give them a chance and not blame them for every problem that arises. I get the feeling  that some folk have had it in for Kibble from day 1 and are waiting to blame them any issue.

We voted for the SMISA board members so we need to trust them to get things sorted.

Great post, completely right that people have had it in for kibble. Would say seemingly long before this was even a proposal. 

Find it quite curious that some are blaming them for legacy stadium & training ground issues and a completely normal BOD agreement structure on a list of reserved topics. Shows an axe to grind IMO. 

Great post, completely right that people have had it in for kibble. Would say seemingly long before this was even a proposal. 

Find it quite curious that some are blaming them for legacy stadium & training ground issues and a completely normal BOD agreement structure on a list of reserved topics. Shows an axe to grind IMO. 
Or alternatively a desire for fan ownership as promised.

My take on tonights meeting.
1. John Needham doesnt really have a handle on how the club is run. So many times tonight he said he was unaware of things, it had never come to the board, "Tony and his team decided that". I know its early days for him but he needs to get a handle on it pretty damn quick.
2. Who are these mysterious figures in Tonys "team". 
3. Tony may be a club legend, but he doesnt have the specific skills needed to be a CEO. Thats not his fault, however i believe his "team" who may, coincidentally, have connections with Kibble, have sniffed this out and are manipulating Tony to make naive and possibly dodgy decisions.
4. We're going to continue to sell our players on the cheap.
All in all, we're in a bit of a mess and confidence in those in the position to sort it, based on tonight, is low. However, we need to give Mr Needham time to sort it - a good first step would be to scrutinise everything and not just leave it to "Tony and his team".
Tony is the only one I trust. And works his ass off for us. Don't think hes the problem. Think there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians [emoji848]

I’ve been to many St mirren AGMs, SMiSA meetings and fans Q&As down the years. I don’t think I’ve witnessed such strength of feeling as tonight.
Long term club employees have been treated abysmally. Many no longer work at the club. Security staff who worked on behalf of the club for many years have been removed. 

Fans (or in business speak “Customers”) have been treated like shit. No season tickets and we are in September.

Fans have been turned away from buying season tickets or match tickets. Phone calls and emails have been left unanswered. Commercial sponsors have been terminated. 
Historical health and Safety issues hindered our ability to raise the capacity above 1039 fans when junior clubs had bigger attendances yet our Chairman could not tell his shareholders what the issues were when he said he would be Frank and open. 
No other business would survive ignoring their customer base. Yet we continue to employ a CEO who has overseen all these issues?
Yet some super fans like Baz can’t see anything wrong. Beggars belief.
Oh dear. A St Moan fan who dares to express his true feelings rather than bend over and take whatever is coming!

How very dare you? [emoji12]

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Or alternatively a desire for fan ownership as promised.

SMISA members democratically voted to change the set-up. People that are anti-Kibble not even willing to give it a chance. Blaming them for everything and anything that’s been an issue this summer. 

I mean if there’s one thing that’s came out of that meeting, it’s the fans going mental at Stewarding contracts completely overreacted & I can only assume feel a bit silly now. 

Edited by bazil85

SMISA members democratically voted to change the set-up. People that are anti-Kibble not even willing to give it a chance. Blaming them for everything and anything that’s been an issue this summer. 

I mean if there’s one thing that’s came out of that meeting, it’s the fans going mental at Stewarding contracts completely overreacted & I can only assume feel a bit silly now. 
You confuse pro fan ownership with anti kibble but that suits your agenda.

Imagine you believing that I and others actually want what is best for St Mirren... or St Moan as you like to say as you continually denigrate the club I love and support.

You just like to set yourself up as a super fan. It's quite a humiliation really. People do laugh at you. Rightly so.

Your comment re stewarding is insensitive to former employees and typical of you.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

You confuse pro fan ownership with anti kibble but that suits your agenda.

Imagine you believing that I and others actually want what is best for St Mirren... or St Moan as you like to say as you continually denigrate the club I love and support.

You just like to set yourself up as a super fan. It's quite a humiliations really. People do laugh at you. Rightly so.

I would say you’re anti-kibble (in this context)based on observations on here. 

St Moan sums you up quite nicely. 

Another one that mistakes support for the club as claims of superiority. Quite telling you literally can’t grasp the concept of positivity towards the club being just that.