SMISA meeting 6/9/21

Doakes

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
SMISA members democratically voted to change the set-up. People that are anti-Kibble not even willing to give it a chance. Blaming them for everything and anything that’s been an issue this summer. 

I mean if there’s one thing that’s came out of that meeting, it’s the fans going mental at Stewarding contracts completely overreacted & I can only assume feel a bit silly now. 

Your comment re stewarding is insensitive to former employees and typical of you.

Incorrect, it relates to the utter nonsense claims of dodgy dealings & inadequate due diligence. 

I would say you’re anti-kibble (in this context)based on observations on here. 
St Moan sums you up quite nicely. 

Another one that mistakes support for the club as claims of superiority. Quite telling you literally can’t grasp the concept of positivity towards the club being just that.
That makes no sense.

Then again... Few of your posts do! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

42 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

Agree with this. I didn’t vote for the Kibble purchase as I felt waiting the extra two years until we had funds(not the extra five that is continually flaunted) was the correct way for us to go forward as a fully fan owned club..

However the SMISA members voted for Kibble so we should give them a chance and not blame them for every problem that arises. I get the feeling  that some folk have had it in for Kibble from day 1 and are waiting to blame them any issue.

We voted for the SMISA board members so we need to trust them to get things sorted.

Neither did I or anyone else i knew, at least 6 people,  but it went through with something like 92% of the vote

I never at anytime thought it was a good idea,  mostly because local people would lose there jobs many of them saints fans, to people with no connection to paisley or StMirren..  and other reasons i'll keep to myself,

I left SMISA after it was announced and so did others I know. 

Tonight the Chairman said that the club shop was closed down based on a presentation that outlined vast changes in renvue. The plan was to take the ownership in-house. But once the shop was shut more investigation was done and it turned out that the in-house plan wouldn’t fly so it was outsourced to Provan Sports who I think we in-housed under Richard Atkinsons tenure. Personally I’m glad it’s Provans rather than the club. They know how to treat customers.
Good due diligence Baz. 
He's having a real nightmare.
No change really.

This all started because an informative thread beggared legitimate questions which fan boy objected to, resulting in him having a totally unnecessary dig at St Mirren fans.

He does that.

Narcissism is a curse.

I'd hate to be that needy and negative. [emoji850]

Neither did I or anyone else i knew, at least 6 people,  but it went through with something like 92% of the vote
I never at anytime thought it was a good idea,  mostly because local people would lose there jobs many of them saints fans, to people with no connection to paisley or StMirren..  and other reasons i'll keep to myself,
I left SMISA after it was announced and so did others I know. 

Ditto.

One meeting and everybody is at each other's throats, raised voices and insults flying everywhere.  Fan ownership needs the right people at the top which will require some tough decisions. It also needs the fans to put up and shut up until the club is on a proper footing.  It will all end in tears you know.

One meeting and everybody is at each other's throats, raised voices and insults flying everywhere.  Fan ownership needs the right people at the top which will require some tough decisions. It also needs the fans to put up and shut up until the club is on a proper footing.  It will all end in tears you know.
Put up and shut up?

Really?

FFS.

World war II was built on that very premis!

People with concerns need to speak up and be reassured... B
Not shouted down by faux fans.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Every fan should be surely. 🤷‍♂️

You clearly dislike the notion of asking difficult questions to try and improve from within.

Has it ever occurred to you that fans are asking these questions BECAUSE of love for the club and concern at the goings on we are seeing?

Of course, the majority of folk on here, the majority of people you speak to on social media and at games and seemingly most of the people in attendance last night are all wrong and just moaners with agendas and you are in the right. 🙄

Laying my cards on the table I still don't understand why we couldn't have had a similar relationship with Kibble without them owning part of the club, I am also concerned with the lack of continuity with GS still being on the board and also the lack of accountability that he should bear on historical issues while under his leadership that is now being directed at JN. I agree that Tony is the one person with the club fully at the heart of what he does but he needs some business assistance and I had hoped JN would assist with that. We've had a lot of change over a short period not all of it of our own making and the disruption of covid won't have helped but, and for me this is the big one, we now need to see some positive improvements in organisation, customer service and communication quickly or the natives will start voting with their feet and more importantly their wallets.

10 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
10 hours ago, Slash said:
We only voted for two. Mr Scott and Mr Wardrop were asked to stay on. Rumours are that Mr Wardrop was anti SMiSA for many years. 

What load of rubbish. Why would Alan be anti Smisa.

Because anybody with half a brain could see what was going to happen when this mob took over, that rules you out hoose haunter!

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Slash said:

Tonight the Chairman said that the club shop was closed down based on a presentation that outlined vast changes in renvue. The plan was to take the ownership in-house. But once the shop was shut more investigation was done and it turned out that the in-house plan wouldn’t fly so it was outsourced to Provan Sports who I think we in-housed under Richard Atkinsons tenure. Personally I’m glad it’s Provans rather than the club. They know how to treat customers.

Good due diligence Baz. 

I agree, seems a well thought out decision was made following in-depth analysis. Possibly down to the experience & capabilities of the Kibble employees they have come onboard?  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You clearly dislike the notion of asking difficult questions to try and improve from within.

Has it ever occurred to you that fans are asking these questions BECAUSE of love for the club and concern at the goings on we are seeing?

Of course, the majority of folk on here, the majority of people you speak to on social media and at games and seemingly most of the people in attendance last night are all wrong and just moaners with agendas and you are in the right. 🙄

I don’t dislike that at all. My view is, there’s been a lot completely blown out of proportion on this. 

Yes there have been problems over the summer & the transition hasn’t been plain sailing but an expectation it should have been with zero issues isn’t realistic. Fans going as far as wanting us to buy the Kibble out & fabricating concerns & conspiracy theory on every little decision is just a bit too far IMO. That’s it, I’m allowed that opinion like others are allowed the opinion that the Kibble is to blame for the feckin poor weather. 

I don’t for one second thing a ‘majority’ of St Mirren fans think everything is broken with the club & the Kibble partnership. Vocal minorities. 

9 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Tony is the only one I trust. And works his ass off for us. Don't think hes the problem. Think there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians emoji848.png

Your last part is bang on the money. Far too many chiefs not doing anything constructive. 

Reading the notes surprised that the Chairman on a number of occasions threw Tony under the bus. If Tony is the issue then the board should deal with it. Use Tony on his strengths not as the convenient scapegoat. Do we now have another Master in Chief with a Teflon Suit.

Disappointed in JN approach to last nights meeting. He could easily have surmised the questions that were coming and had clear defined answers. If he was unable to answer the questions then why have the PR Stunt.

Nothing positive came out of yesterday meeting. Even by GA offering yet another nonproductive PR stunt was recognition that animosity was still high.

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

Nope. Not buying that. The plan was for Kibble youngsters to gain experience working in a shop. The Kibble annual report clearly says that. Go onto Companies House and read for yourself. You might want to ignore the eye watering amounts that Kibble directors earn. I certainly won’t contribute to that particular charity especially when they have furloughed so many staff.

I believe it was a Kibble led initiative to close the shop. 

But once they made that decision someone obviously had second thoughts. The Kibble have “Experience” in U turns for projects. That particular project for Karting and Laser Quest was written off to the tune of £1.9M. 

So what experience are they bringing to St Mirren FC if they can’t make a success of a go karting business that received vast sums of donations?

Just now, Slash said:

Are you a Tory spinmonger in your day job?

I would say there's a few points we know. People can make up their own minds on the partnership (indeed I feel a few, probably including yourself made up their mind before they had even stepped in the door when you look at your karting comment). 

- There are a number of legacy issues with the stadium and training ground. These have not been properly identified or addressed until the Kibble came onboard, yes that is ongoing right now but at least it has started.

- We have changed over several contracts this year. This links into fan communication on what the Kibble would support with regarding their business contacts and business models to support people under their nature of business. 

- We are ONLY a few months into a settled arrangement regarding the club ownership.

- Fans have shown concerns about our ticket system for a long time, some have asked us to explore in-house merchandise/ third party ownerships and our standing main sponsor (that pre-dated Kibble) moved the goalposts on a deal at the last minute. 

Now people can look at all these known points and jump to "Kibble bad" that's absolutely their right. My opinion is: 

- It's FAR too soon to conclude that this is not the right direction

- Seems like Kibble are doing what they said they would do & I think expectations that would be completely seamless are ridiculously unrealistic 

- Most of the issues seem pretty short-term to me

- I don't think it's a coincidence that experienced business partners have come onboard and some skeletons have been found in the closet. 

These are my views, I'm used to being attacked because I don't automatically jump to an Armageddon scenario but unless I start to see some concerns that look more long-term and detrimental to SMFC, I will have a little bit more patience and understanding than some. 

Your Tory comment is ironic, you're the one that's spinning points on a football club to negatives about part of their ownership model. 

Nope. Not buying that. The plan was for Kibble youngsters to gain experience working in a shop. The Kibble annual report clearly says that. Go onto Companies House and read for yourself. You might want to ignore the eye watering amounts that Kibble directors earn. I certainly won’t contribute to that particular charity especially when they have furloughed so many staff.
I believe it was a Kibble led initiative to close the shop. 

But once they made that decision someone obviously had second thoughts. The Kibble have “Experience” in U turns for projects. That particular project for Karting and Laser Quest was written off to the tune of £1.9M. 

So what experience are they bringing to St Mirren FC if they can’t make a success of a go karting business that received vast sums of donations?
Noooooo.... You mentioned Companies House! You had to, didn't you. It was "proven" how unreliable that is by an expert! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12]