SMISA meeting 6/9/21

Doakes

"to become a fan-owned club"
Perfectly acceptable way to put it. As I have said many times I will challenge when people are just being pedantic on points. You do it out of desperation for a win, sad really. 
image.png.cbd2925a0bd2a20edc6de13527d6a0db.png
51% owners, I believe that says .

Thank you for proving my point despite quoting from a "newspaper".

What percentage of Hearts, the largest fan-owned club in Britain iOS owned by their fans?

To be fair the veto was always in the initial proposal. Don't think it was ever hidden
It wasn't initially.
It was actually a big talking point.
It became conveniently forgotten about though, to the point that it's existence was denied by some

Seems even our own Chairman got a bit "muddled up" on the issue.

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

It wasn't initially.
It was actually a big talking point.
It became conveniently forgotten about though, to the point that it's existence was denied by some

Seems even our own Chairman got a bit "muddled up" on the issue.

It was definitely talked about a lot at the time.

Something no one has picked up on is that kibble want 400k for their shares if they sell. How many shares did smisa buy and what did they cost, how does that compare to the kibbles shares for 400k

I said at the beginning I thought GLS was only bringing kibble in (and to an extent getting involved in fan ownership in the first place)because he'd be left with worthless shares (I'm sure it was 8% that wasn't included in the proposal) after a fan buy out so it was a way to guarantee value for them. It certainly didn't appear a benevolent act to me. 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

51% owners, I believe that says .

Thank you for proving my point despite quoting from a "newspaper".

What percentage of Hearts, the largest fan-owned club in Britain iOS owned by their fans?

It also says St Mirren "become a fan owned club" as I say, completely acceptable terminology. 

I believe the purchase was 75.1% of shares this summer but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...  

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"I'm not in the know but here's a negative assumption for you" 😅

"Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are delighted to have secured the stewarding contract at St Mirren Football Club. It is our aim to engage with the club, the fans and all interested parties to enhance the match day experience for all involved. 

Enlighten us to the positive spin on going from Asigura to SGL.

5 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

It was definitely talked about a lot at the time.

Something no one has picked up on is that kibble want 400k for their shares if they sell. How many shares did smisa buy and what did they cost, how does that compare to the kibbles shares for 400k

I said at the beginning I thought GLS was only bringing kibble in (and to an extent getting involved in fan ownership in the first place)because he'd be left with worthless shares (I'm sure it was 8% that wasn't included in the proposal) after a fan buy out so it was a way to guarantee value for them. It certainly didn't appear a benevolent act to me. 

I did the maths on this last night and it appears to check out albeit a marginally better deal for Kibble. 

Kibble got 27.5% for £400k. 
£14,454 per 1% (without knowing the no. of shares this equates to, but I’m sure someone will) 

SMISA got 22.7% for £331k. 
£14,581 per 1%. 
It was originally supposed to be £615k for 42% which would have taken SMISA to 71% shareholding in total. 

I can only assume that SMISA would have been willing to deal with GLS for the other 8% but were originally told he wanted to retain it. Which makes the current manufactured scenario all the more strange. 

7 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

"Asigura Facilities Management Ltd are delighted to have secured the stewarding contract at St Mirren Football Club. It is our aim to engage with the club, the fans and all interested parties to enhance the match day experience for all involved. 

Enlighten us to the positive spin on going from Asigura to SGL.

Enlighten me on the negatives? It's a stewarding contract, hardly end of the world that it's taken some time to get it right. For me this subject sums up the St Moan fan in our support perfectly. Let it go. 

The role is General Manager. I don’t believe the current incumbent has held such a role before. 
The previous Kibble incumbent who was placed oversaw the doomed “Experience” project. £1.9M just written off. So yes he did have experience of being a General Manager prior to being St Mirren GM, but it could be argued that he was not successful at that.
Not like you to not have your finger on the pulse. He no longer works for St Mirren.
It is this lady. She also was Head of The Experience for 4 years.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-mclean-2584b630/?originalSubdomain=uk

Reading the job description for Head of The Experience, looks like it in encompassed the role of General Manager.

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Enlighten me on the negatives? It's a stewarding contract, hardly end of the world that it's taken some time to get it right. For me this subject sums up the St Moan fan in our support perfectly. Let it go. 

This is another of your tactics to diminish ANY point that any other supporter see's as important.

Away and gies fecking piece, you'd give an aspirin a headache. :byebye

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I would say it was a win win. We now have a stewarding company with a good reputation in working in this environment. They have a sound business plan, good financial backing and resources to pull from.

HOWEVER to does not take away from the fact that someone at the clubs thought that awarding the contract to a 2 bob outfit was a good sound business decision.

Your rights its only a stewarding company. But hey its only a season ticket. but hey its only a shirt sponsor. But hey its only replica shirts. But hey its only a carpark.

What does it all matter. Minor issues. move along. Nothing to see here. 

1 minute ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I would say it was a win win. We now have a stewarding company with a good reputation in working in this environment. They have a sound business plan, good financial backing and resources to pull from.

HOWEVER to does not take away from the fact that someone at the clubs thought that awarding the contract to a 2 bob outfit was a good sound business decision.

Your rights its only a stewarding company. But hey its only a season ticket. but hey its only a shirt sponsor. But hey its only replica shirts. But hey its only a carpark.

What does it all matter. Minor issues. move along. Nothing to see here. 

Reminds me of when you had a near breakdown over an existing member of staff sourcing Digby Brown as the sponsor at short notice to help us by the Skyview issue. You only see and dwell on negatives. No matter the positive resolution "yeah but how bad was that" 

That's your choice, I think it's telling that I get attacked way more for looking at the positive side on here than people like you do looking at the negatives. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Reminds me of when you had a near breakdown over an existing member of staff sourcing Digby Brown as the sponsor at short notice to help us by the Skyview issue. You only see and dwell on negatives. No matter the positive resolution "yeah but how bad was that" 

That's your choice, I think it's telling that I get attacked way more for looking at the positive side on here than people like you do looking at the negatives. 🤷‍♂️

Chris Stewart is not a member of staff. He is a Director of SMFC. 

I’m sure he took the sponsorship deal to avoid the embarrassment of a member of staffs fck up at not properly renewing the Skyview contract..Smoke and mirrors

You see yourself as the clubs saviour by having a go at people that point out issues. You see no wrongs in the club. I take the positives out of the negatives and realise that the club have a lot to learn and the fans are there to help them.

I had you on a very high pedestal as a Business guru. You went and burst my bubble telling us you worked for RBOS during its crash. Explains a lot. 

10 minutes ago, Slash said:

Well he did work for a bank that required £46,000,000,000 in bailout. 

Nothing to see here. Sweep sweep.

At the time probably went around telling people Freds doing a great job. Freds buying a big bank, Freds investing in toxic mortgages, Fred Knows best. What crash, minor issues. It will just all blow over.

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

@bazil85 - why do you find it funny that a local charity had to write off £1.9M?

I don't, I was laughing at you just not being able to move past this. Would it be fair to say you have the view these people don't deserve anymore chances in their career? Should they be sacked completely and never get a job or opportunity again?

Or do we judge them on the job they are being employed to do now? 

And that was exactly why I had a follow up comment. Given both GM’s ran a facility that had £1.9M written off is alarming. Yes?
Regarding the follow up comment, wasn't sure if you had noticed the job description.

As I don't know the financial details over the years or the buisness model it was based on before the pandemic I couldn't answer.

Do you have a link to said figures to try and understand them?

6 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Chris Stewart is not a member of staff. He is a Director of SMFC. 

I’m sure he took the sponsorship deal to avoid the embarrassment of a member of staffs fck up at not properly renewing the Skyview contract..Smoke and mirrors

You see yourself as the clubs saviour by having a go at people that point out issues. You see no wrongs in the club. I take the positives out of the negatives and realise that the club have a lot to learn and the fans are there to help them.

I had you on a very high pedestal as a Business guru. You went and burst my bubble telling us you worked for RBOS during its crash. Explains a lot. 

Again more false claims about me, I would go back and show these are wrong but it's observably pointless. You have your own narrative, I would say it's actually quite a useful insight into how you conclude on St Mirren subjects as well. 

Does it aye? All RBS employees at that time accountable for the crash... Lol. I sold PPI at one point before the crash as well with RBS if that sends you into even more of a frenzy.   

1 minute ago, Slash said:

No - ask Baz - he has the hotline to Kibble.

C3EFEE55-7BC8-433D-8543-D02F2E32970C.gif.ae81f07010cfbfb86f60e6ae06112f71.gif

Jings. That rhymes.

If someone makes a costly mistake in their career, regardless of circumstance they should not be allowed other opportunities in their working future and it should be brought-up repeatedly whenever they embark on a different roles. "wibble" indeed. 

Just now, Slash said:

Is it just a coincidence that multiple operational failures have happened since Kibble have introduced two General Manager to oversee these changes? 

Not how I would put it. I would say it's just unavoidable that changes to an operational strategy will have bumps on the road. Was your expectation actually ZERO issues whatsoever as we moved to a new ownership model and changed multiple ways of working at the club? Did you really think every issue at the club would be resolved in three months after the buyout completed? 

10 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

At the time probably went around telling people Freds doing a great job. Freds buying a big bank, Freds investing in toxic mortgages, Fred Knows best. What crash, minor issues. It will just all blow over.

Yeah because the financial crisis is so comparable to St Mirren not having a pie stall contract in place for one home game & being able to see a covered up sponsor logo using a 5,000 lm torchlight. :D

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah because the financial crisis is so comparable to St Mirren not having a pie stall contract in place for one home game & being able to see a covered up sponsor logo using a 5,000 lm torchlight. :D

Well now you mention it there is a tangible link. Fred at the midst of the financial crisis allegedly was caught with his face in a pie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/details-shamed-banker-fred-goodwins-1103422

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

I would say that all of the issues should have been avoided with a capable General Manager and a capable CEO.

We are still completely in the dark as to what the Health & Safety issue regarding the stadium. Why the secrecy?

Kibble promised to “bring new expertise to the club which will help take St Mirren to the next level as a business and strengthen its place at the heart of the Paisley community. They believe they can help the club, create a more sustainable business model, strengthen how it is governed, and bring in more non-football income which could be reinvested into the team.

Some of these improvements have been immediate. Kibble are now making available to St Mirren their support services staff from areas such as finance, legal services, HR, IT, marketing and PR. It is hoped this extra support would also allow St Mirren to improve the overall fan experience through better customer service and communications.

Kibble’s maintenance team are also putting in place a planned maintenance regime for club facilities, as they do with Kibble’s existing buildings, which will significantly reduce the club’s costs and increase the lifespan of St Mirren’s facilities.

They are also considering how they could use their commercial and fundraising expertise and wide range of contacts to help attract new partnerships and income. That will include helping the club improve existing facilities and increase the use of stadium outside of matchdays. Kibble can also offer support to SMISA to help us further professionalise how we are run.

Over the long-term Kibble are keen to investigate how the stadium might be used as a base for new facilities which could potentially put it at the heart of wider development in Ferguslie Park and help bring new jobs to the area.

For us, a key point is as part-owners, Kibble fortunes are now tied to St Mirren’s – so the better St Mirren are doing, the greater the benefit for Kibble. It is in their interest as much as ours to help deliver the thing every St Mirren fan most wants to see – a winning team on the park.”

How can you say that? We would still have had:

- To change the ticketing systems/ keep one that was very unpopular with fans before the Kibble

- Arrange caterers 

- Make a decision on the expired Steward contract

- Find a new sponsor and make a decision on kits that were already in transit

- the legacy issues at the stadium and training ground that pre-date the kibble. 

Do you really think it's reasonable to expect addressing all of them plus any other area where Kibble will support in improving our operations with no issues whatsoever? This is honestly staggering to me that people think this possible in modern day business. 

I don't know why the secrecy but I believe there must be good reason. Contrary to belief, we don't need to know everything as fans. 

As for the Kibble promises again, is your view it MUST happen practically overnight or it's a failure? Complete lack of patience and realistic expectations on this being a slow process by some fans IMO. The pandemic has also slowed down much of what Kibble had planned for the club, this was covered in a recent interview.