SMISA meeting 6/9/21

Doakes

9 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Well now you mention it there is a tangible link. Fred at the midst of the financial crisis allegedly was caught with his face in a pie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/details-shamed-banker-fred-goodwins-1103422

I can assure everyone that may be worried about this... I didn't pump big Fred. 😇

12 minutes ago, Slash said:

I sadly got sucked back in to this debate. More fool me. 😢 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Slash said:

At risk of repeating myself I do expect a capable GM and capable CEO to deal with standard operational issues.

Perhaps I have had a different working career to you where I would strive for excellence in delivering complex solutions for global clients. I had to work alongside individuals like you who would fritter away their working day on forums like this instead of being productive. You spend a huge amount of your work time on here. Your employer must be very understanding or is ignorant to what you are up to.

As for the H&S issue. If this had affected family, friends or any supporters coming into the stadium, then yes I believe we have a right to know what it was that caused Renfrewshire Council to only allow 1039 fans into the ground.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Depends on the level of the f up but for some context, FAR more than what we have seen this summer which I see as pretty much teething problems or legacy issues we need to fix instead of attaching blame. 

- Fourth season in a row we have improved our league position

- Completion of fan ownership

- Recognition of several young talents at international level (youth and senior)

- Continued to stay in the black during the pandemic (up to last reporting)

- No debt beyond the pandemic loan that all other clubs bar one took out

- A very encouraging model of funding going forward that will provide a nest egg, club and community funding

Just off the top of my head. 

So with those legacy problems, that must mean it's not just this season we been f ing up. With most of what you wrote, I guess you are just easy pleased. Last post so full your boots if you want the last work. 

3 hours ago, Slash said:

Out of interest does anyone know who these non executive directors are listed in the club directory?

https://www.stmirren.com/club/contacting-st-mirren/club-directory

Possibly

Gavin Whyte, a trainer of business leaders and advocate of positive thinking and mindfulness, 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15009172.patience-saint-tony-fitzpatrick-mindfulness-positive-thinking-power-perseverance/

John Melrose ???? Logistics Director at Malcolm’s 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

How can you say that? We would still have had:

- To change the ticketing systems/ keep one that was very unpopular with fans before the Kibble

- Arrange caterers 

- Make a decision on the expired Steward contract

- Find a new sponsor and make a decision on kits that were already in transit

- the legacy issues at the stadium and training ground that pre-date the kibble. 

Do you really think it's reasonable to expect addressing all of them plus any other area where Kibble will support in improving our operations with no issues whatsoever? This is honestly staggering to me that people think this possible in modern day business. 

I don't know why the secrecy but I believe there must be good reason. Contrary to belief, we don't need to know everything as fans. 

As for the Kibble promises again, is your view it MUST happen practically overnight or it's a failure? Complete lack of patience and realistic expectations on this being a slow process by some fans IMO. The pandemic has also slowed down much of what Kibble had planned for the club, this was covered in a recent interview. 

Thank Feck. We might have time to salvage some of our club!

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

So with those legacy problems, that must mean it's not just this season we been f ing up. With most of what you wrote, I guess you are just easy pleased. Last post so full your boots if you want the last work. 

Nope, I know there are issues & there are frustrations. Again as I have said many times, it’s the (IMO) overreaction of some of our fans. You’d think the four horseman were rolling in. 

1 hour ago, Slash said:

At risk of repeating myself I do expect a capable GM and capable CEO to deal with standard operational issues.

Perhaps I have had a different working career to you where I would strive for excellence in delivering complex solutions for global clients. I had to work alongside individuals like you who would fritter away their working day on forums like this instead of being productive. You spend a huge amount of your work time on here. Your employer must be very understanding or is ignorant to what you are up to.

As for the H&S issue. If this had affected family, friends or any supporters coming into the stadium, then yes I believe we have a right to know what it was that caused Renfrewshire Council to only allow 1039 fans into the ground.

Deal with them with absolute zero issues at all? Completely unrealistic. 

did you work for a company that’s never had crystallised operational risks? If not, surely you understand issues happen?

I was on holiday today thanks but nature of my job means I am quite flexible & can use BAWA as I wish, another standard way of addressing my posts. Be original. 🐑 

I’m not a SMISA member. One of the issues with this type of ownership (no complaints about that) is the idea that there needs to be complete transparency around every decision. So many changes in such a short time  would be troubling for any organisation. Short memories seem to be in vogue too. We had a good season last year, made some good early signings this season and, Celtic game apart, lost only once in the league and were edged narrowly out of the league cup. Early days guys.

Right because he was quoted I've just seen a load of shite about change of operational strategy. Its a change of supplier (all the suppliers it would seem)ffs not a change of strategy. A supplier we're paying for and surely have vetted to see if they can provide the service we're paying for. I should know better but I digress.

10 minutes ago, Slash said:

Yes I do. The issues that I have are not necessarily operational activities but personnel. I won’t comment further.

So just when we get to the brass tacks of your issues, you won’t comment further (third time for that claim as far as I can tell) 

That’s a shame, would like to hear your personal issues… is it maybe the Kibble employee that you think should never get another career opportunity ever again & should be held to previous mistakes for the rest of their professional life? 🤷‍♂️

So just when we get to the brass tacks of your issues, you won’t comment further (third time for that claim as far as I can tell) 
That’s a shame, would like to hear your personal issues… is it maybe the Kibble employee that you think should never get another career opportunity ever again & should be held to previous mistakes for the rest of their professional life? [emoji2369]
You would like to hear his personal issues ... and in the very next sentence you denigrate him.

You are hillarious. You want to be taken seriously then act like a clown. [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Careful. Some might say that those terms are homophobic. 

It was BEK that ridiculously claimed ‘snowflake’ was racist because of an old, unrelated definition regarding my use of the word. 

FS & I were only pointing out his double standards regarding ‘Queen’. He backtracked quicker than Bojo on a manifesto promise. 

5 minutes ago, Slash said:

I agree. Which is why I made the comment. As always a certain poster made it all about him. That was not my intention. 😔 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies, came across as a defence of the homophobic post. 

It sure did but glad you have clarified. BEK can’t be defended in his homophobic (by his set standards) post. It was a very disappointing & distasteful. 

3 hours ago, Slash said:

I would say that all of the issues should have been avoided with a capable General Manager and a capable CEO.

We are still completely in the dark as to what the Health & Safety issue regarding the stadium. Why the secrecy?

Kibble promised to “bring new expertise to the club which will help take St Mirren to the next level as a business and strengthen its place at the heart of the Paisley community. They believe they can help the club, create a more sustainable business model, strengthen how it is governed, and bring in more non-football income which could be reinvested into the team.

Some of these improvements have been immediate. Kibble are now making available to St Mirren their support services staff from areas such as finance, legal services, HR, IT, marketing and PR. It is hoped this extra support would also allow St Mirren to improve the overall fan experience through better customer service and communications.

Kibble’s maintenance team are also putting in place a planned maintenance regime for club facilities, as they do with Kibble’s existing buildings, which will significantly reduce the club’s costs and increase the lifespan of St Mirren’s facilities.

They are also considering how they could use their commercial and fundraising expertise and wide range of contacts to help attract new partnerships and income. That will include helping the club improve existing facilities and increase the use of stadium outside of matchdays. Kibble can also offer support to SMISA to help us further professionalise how we are run.

Over the long-term Kibble are keen to investigate how the stadium might be used as a base for new facilities which could potentially put it at the heart of wider development in Ferguslie Park and help bring new jobs to the area.

For us, a key point is as part-owners, Kibble fortunes are now tied to St Mirren’s – so the better St Mirren are doing, the greater the benefit for Kibble. It is in their interest as much as ours to help deliver the thing every St Mirren fan most wants to see – a winning team on the park.”

And therein lies the worry. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

From the description above, it seems we are getting all the benefits and Kibble very few. If anyone believes this is so Kibble can send us kids to get work experience, when they already run Kibble Works, are expanding into early years and have a mass of contacts nationally, then you better make sure those buttons are done up at the back. All the "great bunch of lads" chat from the club, while not giving us any specific detail on how the relationship with Kibble works, adds to the suspicion. 

My experience of the Kibble professionally is they are good at what they do, and generally care packages they provide for young people are some of the best. However, Kibble never do anything unless it benefits Kibble most.