SMISA meeting 6/9/21

Doakes

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

You can ask the question at the club AGM. If I told you, you’d probably not believe me.

Try me? Given your previous on the Experience situation I don’t hold out much hope, probably referencing a stocks & shares account or something 🤣

I won’t be going nor will I be asking such a question. 

Edited by bazil85

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That will never happen. It’s just people dramatising the worst possible case scenario of the BOD. Even if it did, no the Kibble can’t veto the will of the SMISA members, the Kibble would have to elect someone else. 

If the Kibble directors are voted off ,that's it ,no puting up anyone  else,they may have a large shareholding but it does  NOT guarantee  a place on the board

3 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If the Kibble directors are voted off ,that's it ,no puting up anyone  else,they may have a large shareholding but it does  NOT guarantee  a place on the board

Part of the condition of the ownership model is the kibble will ALWAYS have representation. That isn’t going anywhere & it’s the democratic will of voting members, all St Mirren fans had the opportunity to secure a vote. 

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

You couldn’t afford to buy my shares. Even though they are essentially worthless they are priceless to me.

BTW it’s about time your mammy allowed you out to experience the world.

That’s why I don’t have shares, I don’t remember them ever coming up to be privately purchased. 

Sorry I clearly upset & trigger you so much that you have to lash out. 🥲

14 minutes ago, Slash said:

It’s also the reason why you don’t find out things such as a director of our club investing in the stock market. You find these things out at AGM’s.

There have been two opportunities under the previous BoD led by Gilmour and co to purchase shares in the club.

You could also have tried to buy shares in the club when it was up for sale! Not only was the consortiums shareholding up for sale, but there were significant shares up for sale out with that group. Some of whom used to post frequently on this very forum.

I’ve always found if you want something bad enough you can usually find a way.

I’m still young, plenty of time to get shares down the line, it isn’t pressing. 

So again, what’s the situation in playing the stock market? This reminds me of another certain gagging the stewards claim that seemed to be completely without substance. ‘I know but I’m not telling you’ some would say that’s pretty childish… 

It’s also the reason why you don’t find out things such as a director of our club investing in the stock market. You find these things out at AGM’s.
There have been two opportunities under the previous BoD led by Gilmour and co to purchase shares in the club.
You could also have tried to buy shares in the club when it was up for sale! Not only was the consortiums shareholding up for sale, but there were significant shares up for sale out with that group. Some of whom used to post frequently on this very forum.
I’ve always found if you want something bad enough you can usually find a way.

I don't remember anyone's shares being up for sale around the buyout.

Think at the time of the last share issue (building of on of the love street stands?) I wasn't in the position to purchase any.

Anyone recall what smisa paid per share?

1 minute ago, Slash said:

SMiSA put out adverts in the local newspaper offering to buy individuals shares. 

There were two prominent individuals that used to post on here that sold their (inherited) shareholding around that time. I believe outside the BoD at the time, they held the largest shareholding.

SMiSA bought shares at various times from 2002 onwards. The prices may have varied depending from whom the shares were purchased and when. The SMiSA treasurer will have the records. 

The first batch SMiSA bought was 1877 in number direct from the club appropriately known as the 1877 Society. https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/9202

For a number of years SMiSA tried to buy more shares, but Gilmour and Co refused. There used to be a timeline on the SMiSA website detailing the share purchases down the years.

If a small band of supporters were able to buy shares in the club way back when, then there was probably nothing stopping the bold Baz from doing the same.

Where there’s a will there’s a way.

I wouldn’t be buying shares that would be taken away from SMISA. As already referenced, they’re pretty much worthless & novelty. I would love to own some but not more than I want a strong SMFC which through that time has been linked to a strong SMISA. There hasn’t been any reasonable opportunities for share purchase in a long-time. 

9 minutes ago, Slash said:

I’ve given rough timelines of when shares were made available. Reasonable or otherwise. They were still opportunities that you chose to ignore.

If you really want some minority shares then head down to the next AGM and offer the attendees entering or leaving the stadium an offer they can’t refuse. 

I’d say that’s your best avenue to go down. Or should that be Greenhill Road.

Incorrect, if there have been any share offers in my adult life I haven’t seen them, I have not ignored them. 

Overkill, I’m in no rush to get shares as plenty of time for that, there’s no need to be proactive. I’m sure something will come up over the next few decades.

Why do you care so much? It’s hardly a big deal. 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, Slash said:

The reason I’m providing you with the opportunity to gain shares in St Mirren is that it comes back round to the fact that you deny that a Club director invested St Mirren FC funds in the stock market. If you were a shareholder and attended the last AGM you would have heard this information first hand.

HTH.

I don’t deny it, I just question your trustworthiness as a source given your hatred of all things SMISA & St Mirren as well as previous inflated claims.

Again, why are you refusing to give any more information on this?   

Just now, Slash said:

Please provide evidence of this? If you knew me you would know that this is clearly false.

^^^ the evidence is overwhelming. They can do no right for you, it’s my fond with you get nowhere near any board, committee or any other decision making aspect linked to St Mirren.