SMISA meeting 6/9/21

10 minutes ago, Slash said:

Well he did work for a bank that required £46,000,000,000 in bailout. 

Nothing to see here. Sweep sweep.

At the time probably went around telling people Freds doing a great job. Freds buying a big bank, Freds investing in toxic mortgages, Fred Knows best. What crash, minor issues. It will just all blow over.

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

@bazil85 - why do you find it funny that a local charity had to write off £1.9M?

I don't, I was laughing at you just not being able to move past this. Would it be fair to say you have the view these people don't deserve anymore chances in their career? Should they be sacked completely and never get a job or opportunity again?

Or do we judge them on the job they are being employed to do now? 

And that was exactly why I had a follow up comment. Given both GM’s ran a facility that had £1.9M written off is alarming. Yes?
Regarding the follow up comment, wasn't sure if you had noticed the job description.

As I don't know the financial details over the years or the buisness model it was based on before the pandemic I couldn't answer.

Do you have a link to said figures to try and understand them?

1 minute ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Chris Stewart is not a member of staff. He is a Director of SMFC. 

I’m sure he took the sponsorship deal to avoid the embarrassment of a member of staffs fck up at not properly renewing the Skyview contract..Smoke and mirrors

You see yourself as the clubs saviour by having a go at people that point out issues. You see no wrongs in the club. I take the positives out of the negatives and realise that the club have a lot to learn and the fans are there to help them.

I had you on a very high pedestal as a Business guru. You went and burst my bubble telling us you worked for RBOS during its crash. Explains a lot. 

I would imagine that Digby Brown would have picked up that deal on the cheap compared to what the Skyview contract was.

It was also raised last night that the support are sick and tired of not hearing what transfer fees when other well run clubs like Hibs, St Johnstone and Motherwell announce transfer deals or significant commercial wins.

Once again we were told that the shop deal with Pitch ProRetail was “chunky”. But we won’t tell you just how much. Enough of the secrecy. In this day and age be honest and transparent.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Regarding the follow up comment, wasn't sure if you had noticed the job description.

As I don't know the financial details over the years or the buisness model it was based on before the pandemic I couldn't answer.

Do you have a link to said figures to try and understand them?

No - ask Baz - he has the hotline to Kibble.

C3EFEE55-7BC8-433D-8543-D02F2E32970C.gif.ae81f07010cfbfb86f60e6ae06112f71.gif

Jings. That rhymes.

6 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Chris Stewart is not a member of staff. He is a Director of SMFC. 

I’m sure he took the sponsorship deal to avoid the embarrassment of a member of staffs fck up at not properly renewing the Skyview contract..Smoke and mirrors

You see yourself as the clubs saviour by having a go at people that point out issues. You see no wrongs in the club. I take the positives out of the negatives and realise that the club have a lot to learn and the fans are there to help them.

I had you on a very high pedestal as a Business guru. You went and burst my bubble telling us you worked for RBOS during its crash. Explains a lot. 

Again more false claims about me, I would go back and show these are wrong but it's observably pointless. You have your own narrative, I would say it's actually quite a useful insight into how you conclude on St Mirren subjects as well. 

Does it aye? All RBS employees at that time accountable for the crash... Lol. I sold PPI at one point before the crash as well with RBS if that sends you into even more of a frenzy.   

1 minute ago, Slash said:

No - ask Baz - he has the hotline to Kibble.

C3EFEE55-7BC8-433D-8543-D02F2E32970C.gif.ae81f07010cfbfb86f60e6ae06112f71.gif

Jings. That rhymes.

If someone makes a costly mistake in their career, regardless of circumstance they should not be allowed other opportunities in their working future and it should be brought-up repeatedly whenever they embark on a different roles. "wibble" indeed. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't, I was laughing at you just not being able to move past this. Would it be fair to say you have the view these people don't deserve anymore chances in their career? Should they be sacked completely and never get a job or opportunity again?

Or do we judge them on the job they are being employed to do now? 

Is it just a coincidence that multiple operational failures have happened since Kibble have introduced two General Manager to oversee these changes? 

Just now, Slash said:

Is it just a coincidence that multiple operational failures have happened since Kibble have introduced two General Manager to oversee these changes? 

Not how I would put it. I would say it's just unavoidable that changes to an operational strategy will have bumps on the road. Was your expectation actually ZERO issues whatsoever as we moved to a new ownership model and changed multiple ways of working at the club? Did you really think every issue at the club would be resolved in three months after the buyout completed? 

10 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

At the time probably went around telling people Freds doing a great job. Freds buying a big bank, Freds investing in toxic mortgages, Fred Knows best. What crash, minor issues. It will just all blow over.

Yeah because the financial crisis is so comparable to St Mirren not having a pie stall contract in place for one home game & being able to see a covered up sponsor logo using a 5,000 lm torchlight. :D

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Not how I would put it. I would say it's just unavoidable that changes to an operational strategy will have bumps on the road. Was your expectation actually ZERO issues whatsoever as we moved to a new ownership model and changed multiple ways of working at the club? Did you really think every issue at the club would be resolved in three months after the buyout completed? 

I would say that all of the issues should have been avoided with a capable General Manager and a capable CEO.

We are still completely in the dark as to what the Health & Safety issue regarding the stadium. Why the secrecy?

Kibble promised to “bring new expertise to the club which will help take St Mirren to the next level as a business and strengthen its place at the heart of the Paisley community. They believe they can help the club, create a more sustainable business model, strengthen how it is governed, and bring in more non-football income which could be reinvested into the team.

Some of these improvements have been immediate. Kibble are now making available to St Mirren their support services staff from areas such as finance, legal services, HR, IT, marketing and PR. It is hoped this extra support would also allow St Mirren to improve the overall fan experience through better customer service and communications.

Kibble’s maintenance team are also putting in place a planned maintenance regime for club facilities, as they do with Kibble’s existing buildings, which will significantly reduce the club’s costs and increase the lifespan of St Mirren’s facilities.

They are also considering how they could use their commercial and fundraising expertise and wide range of contacts to help attract new partnerships and income. That will include helping the club improve existing facilities and increase the use of stadium outside of matchdays. Kibble can also offer support to SMISA to help us further professionalise how we are run.

Over the long-term Kibble are keen to investigate how the stadium might be used as a base for new facilities which could potentially put it at the heart of wider development in Ferguslie Park and help bring new jobs to the area.

For us, a key point is as part-owners, Kibble fortunes are now tied to St Mirren’s – so the better St Mirren are doing, the greater the benefit for Kibble. It is in their interest as much as ours to help deliver the thing every St Mirren fan most wants to see – a winning team on the park.”

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah because the financial crisis is so comparable to St Mirren not having a pie stall contract in place for one home game & being able to see a covered up sponsor logo using a 5,000 lm torchlight. :D

Well now you mention it there is a tangible link. Fred at the midst of the financial crisis allegedly was caught with his face in a pie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/details-shamed-banker-fred-goodwins-1103422

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

I would say that all of the issues should have been avoided with a capable General Manager and a capable CEO.

We are still completely in the dark as to what the Health & Safety issue regarding the stadium. Why the secrecy?

Kibble promised to “bring new expertise to the club which will help take St Mirren to the next level as a business and strengthen its place at the heart of the Paisley community. They believe they can help the club, create a more sustainable business model, strengthen how it is governed, and bring in more non-football income which could be reinvested into the team.

Some of these improvements have been immediate. Kibble are now making available to St Mirren their support services staff from areas such as finance, legal services, HR, IT, marketing and PR. It is hoped this extra support would also allow St Mirren to improve the overall fan experience through better customer service and communications.

Kibble’s maintenance team are also putting in place a planned maintenance regime for club facilities, as they do with Kibble’s existing buildings, which will significantly reduce the club’s costs and increase the lifespan of St Mirren’s facilities.

They are also considering how they could use their commercial and fundraising expertise and wide range of contacts to help attract new partnerships and income. That will include helping the club improve existing facilities and increase the use of stadium outside of matchdays. Kibble can also offer support to SMISA to help us further professionalise how we are run.

Over the long-term Kibble are keen to investigate how the stadium might be used as a base for new facilities which could potentially put it at the heart of wider development in Ferguslie Park and help bring new jobs to the area.

For us, a key point is as part-owners, Kibble fortunes are now tied to St Mirren’s – so the better St Mirren are doing, the greater the benefit for Kibble. It is in their interest as much as ours to help deliver the thing every St Mirren fan most wants to see – a winning team on the park.”

How can you say that? We would still have had:

- To change the ticketing systems/ keep one that was very unpopular with fans before the Kibble

- Arrange caterers 

- Make a decision on the expired Steward contract

- Find a new sponsor and make a decision on kits that were already in transit

- the legacy issues at the stadium and training ground that pre-date the kibble. 

Do you really think it's reasonable to expect addressing all of them plus any other area where Kibble will support in improving our operations with no issues whatsoever? This is honestly staggering to me that people think this possible in modern day business. 

I don't know why the secrecy but I believe there must be good reason. Contrary to belief, we don't need to know everything as fans. 

As for the Kibble promises again, is your view it MUST happen practically overnight or it's a failure? Complete lack of patience and realistic expectations on this being a slow process by some fans IMO. The pandemic has also slowed down much of what Kibble had planned for the club, this was covered in a recent interview. 

Just now, Slash said:

I sadly got sucked back in to this debate. More fool me. 😢 

Just debate or don't debate ffs. It's a discussion forum, people have different views. Some real sheep mentality on here when it comes to discussing with big bad Baz :whistle

9 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Well now you mention it there is a tangible link. Fred at the midst of the financial crisis allegedly was caught with his face in a pie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/details-shamed-banker-fred-goodwins-1103422

I can assure everyone that may be worried about this... I didn't pump big Fred. 😇

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

- To change the ticketing systems/ keep one that was very unpopular with fans before the Kibble

- Arrange caterers 

- the legacy issues at the stadium and training ground that pre-date the kibble. 

Do you really think it's reasonable to expect addressing all of them plus any other area where Kibble will support in improving our operations with no issues whatsoever? This is honestly staggering to me that people think this possible in modern day business. 

I don't know why the secrecy but I believe there must be good reason. Contrary to belief, we don't need to know everything as fans. 

As for the Kibble promises again, is your view it MUST happen practically overnight or it's a failure? Complete lack of patience and realistic expectations on this being a slow process by some fans IMO. The pandemic has also slowed down much of what Kibble had planned for the club, this was covered in a recent interview. 

At risk of repeating myself I do expect a capable GM and capable CEO to deal with standard operational issues.

Perhaps I have had a different working career to you where I would strive for excellence in delivering complex solutions for global clients. I had to work alongside individuals like you who would fritter away their working day on forums like this instead of being productive. You spend a huge amount of your work time on here. Your employer must be very understanding or is ignorant to what you are up to.

As for the H&S issue. If this had affected family, friends or any supporters coming into the stadium, then yes I believe we have a right to know what it was that caused Renfrewshire Council to only allow 1039 fans into the ground.

12 minutes ago, Slash said:

I sadly got sucked back in to this debate. More fool me. 😢 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Slash said:

At risk of repeating myself I do expect a capable GM and capable CEO to deal with standard operational issues.

Perhaps I have had a different working career to you where I would strive for excellence in delivering complex solutions for global clients. I had to work alongside individuals like you who would fritter away their working day on forums like this instead of being productive. You spend a huge amount of your work time on here. Your employer must be very understanding or is ignorant to what you are up to.

As for the H&S issue. If this had affected family, friends or any supporters coming into the stadium, then yes I believe we have a right to know what it was that caused Renfrewshire Council to only allow 1039 fans into the ground.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Depends on the level of the f up but for some context, FAR more than what we have seen this summer which I see as pretty much teething problems or legacy issues we need to fix instead of attaching blame. 

- Fourth season in a row we have improved our league position

- Completion of fan ownership

- Recognition of several young talents at international level (youth and senior)

- Continued to stay in the black during the pandemic (up to last reporting)

- No debt beyond the pandemic loan that all other clubs bar one took out

- A very encouraging model of funding going forward that will provide a nest egg, club and community funding

Just off the top of my head. 

So with those legacy problems, that must mean it's not just this season we been f ing up. With most of what you wrote, I guess you are just easy pleased. Last post so full your boots if you want the last work. 

3 hours ago, Slash said:

Out of interest does anyone know who these non executive directors are listed in the club directory?

https://www.stmirren.com/club/contacting-st-mirren/club-directory

Possibly

Gavin Whyte, a trainer of business leaders and advocate of positive thinking and mindfulness, 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15009172.patience-saint-tony-fitzpatrick-mindfulness-positive-thinking-power-perseverance/

John Melrose ???? Logistics Director at Malcolm’s 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

- Arrange caterers 

Thank Feck. We might have time to salvage some of our club!

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

So with those legacy problems, that must mean it's not just this season we been f ing up. With most of what you wrote, I guess you are just easy pleased. Last post so full your boots if you want the last work. 

Nope, I know there are issues & there are frustrations. Again as I have said many times, it’s the (IMO) overreaction of some of our fans. You’d think the four horseman were rolling in. 

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Deal with them with absolute zero issues at all? Completely unrealistic. 

did you work for a company that’s never had crystallised operational risks? If not, surely you understand issues happen?

I was on holiday today thanks but nature of my job means I am quite flexible & can use BAWA as I wish, another standard way of addressing my posts. Be original. 🐑