SMISA meeting 6/9/21

I’m not a SMISA member. One of the issues with this type of ownership (no complaints about that) is the idea that there needs to be complete transparency around every decision. So many changes in such a short time  would be troubling for any organisation. Short memories seem to be in vogue too. We had a good season last year, made some good early signings this season and, Celtic game apart, lost only once in the league and were edged narrowly out of the league cup. Early days guys.

51 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Possibly

Gavin Whyte, a trainer of business leaders and advocate of positive thinking and mindfulness, 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15009172.patience-saint-tony-fitzpatrick-mindfulness-positive-thinking-power-perseverance/

John Melrose ???? Logistics Director at Malcolm’s 

Thanks for that. Perhaps Baz could be Gavin Whyte. That would explain a lot. 😂

I wonder whether they are receiving a fee for their services.

Right because he was quoted I've just seen a load of shite about change of operational strategy. Its a change of supplier (all the suppliers it would seem)ffs not a change of strategy. A supplier we're paying for and surely have vetted to see if they can provide the service we're paying for. I should know better but I digress.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Yet to hear any realistic long term issues. Best we’ve had is, someone gets paid by the kibble to do a job instead of the club. 🤷‍♂️

Yet to hear any proper answers to current issues. We could play this game all night. 

10 minutes ago, Slash said:

Yes I do. The issues that I have are not necessarily operational activities but personnel. I won’t comment further.

So just when we get to the brass tacks of your issues, you won’t comment further (third time for that claim as far as I can tell) 

That’s a shame, would like to hear your personal issues… is it maybe the Kibble employee that you think should never get another career opportunity ever again & should be held to previous mistakes for the rest of their professional life? 🤷‍♂️

So just when we get to the brass tacks of your issues, you won’t comment further (third time for that claim as far as I can tell) 
That’s a shame, would like to hear your personal issues… is it maybe the Kibble employee that you think should never get another career opportunity ever again & should be held to previous mistakes for the rest of their professional life?
You would like to hear his personal issues ... and in the very next sentence you denigrate him.

You are hillarious. You want to be taken seriously then act like a clown.

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Careful. Some might say that those terms are homophobic. 

It was BEK that ridiculously claimed ‘snowflake’ was racist because of an old, unrelated definition regarding my use of the word. 

FS & I were only pointing out his double standards regarding ‘Queen’. He backtracked quicker than Bojo on a manifesto promise. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While Bazil is a tedious bore it's strange that BIEK clear homophobic posts has been overlooked?

He, BIEK, as was pointed out earlier, is equally as culpable in these tedious threads.

I agree. Which is why I made the comment. As always a certain poster made it all about him. That was not my intention. 😔 

5 minutes ago, Slash said:

I agree. Which is why I made the comment. As always a certain poster made it all about him. That was not my intention. 😔 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies, came across as a defence of the homophobic post. 

It sure did but glad you have clarified. BEK can’t be defended in his homophobic (by his set standards) post. It was a very disappointing & distasteful. 

3 hours ago, Slash said:

I would say that all of the issues should have been avoided with a capable General Manager and a capable CEO.

We are still completely in the dark as to what the Health & Safety issue regarding the stadium. Why the secrecy?

Kibble promised to “bring new expertise to the club which will help take St Mirren to the next level as a business and strengthen its place at the heart of the Paisley community. They believe they can help the club, create a more sustainable business model, strengthen how it is governed, and bring in more non-football income which could be reinvested into the team.

Some of these improvements have been immediate. Kibble are now making available to St Mirren their support services staff from areas such as finance, legal services, HR, IT, marketing and PR. It is hoped this extra support would also allow St Mirren to improve the overall fan experience through better customer service and communications.

Kibble’s maintenance team are also putting in place a planned maintenance regime for club facilities, as they do with Kibble’s existing buildings, which will significantly reduce the club’s costs and increase the lifespan of St Mirren’s facilities.

They are also considering how they could use their commercial and fundraising expertise and wide range of contacts to help attract new partnerships and income. That will include helping the club improve existing facilities and increase the use of stadium outside of matchdays. Kibble can also offer support to SMISA to help us further professionalise how we are run.

Over the long-term Kibble are keen to investigate how the stadium might be used as a base for new facilities which could potentially put it at the heart of wider development in Ferguslie Park and help bring new jobs to the area.

For us, a key point is as part-owners, Kibble fortunes are now tied to St Mirren’s – so the better St Mirren are doing, the greater the benefit for Kibble. It is in their interest as much as ours to help deliver the thing every St Mirren fan most wants to see – a winning team on the park.”

And therein lies the worry. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

From the description above, it seems we are getting all the benefits and Kibble very few. If anyone believes this is so Kibble can send us kids to get work experience, when they already run Kibble Works, are expanding into early years and have a mass of contacts nationally, then you better make sure those buttons are done up at the back. All the "great bunch of lads" chat from the club, while not giving us any specific detail on how the relationship with Kibble works, adds to the suspicion. 

My experience of the Kibble professionally is they are good at what they do, and generally care packages they provide for young people are some of the best. However, Kibble never do anything unless it benefits Kibble most.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed but the supposed benefits are hard to see at this moment in time. 

And any that are, are deemed “commercially or legally sensitive”. Smoke and mirrors. 

From SMiSA website….

“It’s important to stress fan-owned does not mean fan-run – we want St Mirren to remain a well-run business. That means we need to put in place the people we believe are best qualified to do that, and to trust them to get on with the job.

So that means the club is still run by the club’s board and management – but as majority owner SMISA can appoint at least half the club board, and will make sure our members views are considered in club decisions.”

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That’s a shame, would like to hear your personal issues…

You would like to hear my personal issues? Are you a qualified therapist?

Is this CBT or Mindfulness techniques in action?

Whatever. Just mind your own fcuking business!

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

You would like to hear my personal issues? Are you a qualified therapist?

Is this CBT or Mindfulness techniques in action?

Whatever. Just mind your own fcuking business!

Or… your reasons for being so anti-kibble & thinking the arrangement is in the gutter. 🤦‍♂️