Game in doubt

animal

Any one from SMISA or the St. Mirren Board like to explain why Refrewshire Council have had to call an emergency meeting of its Regulatory Function Board (at 3.30pm Friday) to approve the club's very late application for an outdoor event Covid exemption certificate ?

I assume if the certificate is not granted or amended in some way the game may be in doubt ?

Are you not just loving the new professional way the Club is being run ? 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadia-and-live-events-advice-for-event-organisers/

"From 9 August 2021  - Outdoors events should not exceed 5000 attendees, unless granted an exemption by a local authority".

Agenda Document Pack - Regulatory Functions Board - 10_09_2021.pdf

4 minutes ago, animal said:

Any one from SMISA or the St. Mirren Board like to explain why Refrewshire Council have had to call an emergency meeting of its Regulatory Function Board (at 3.30pm Friday) to approve the club's very late application for an outdoor event Covid exemption certificate ?

I assume if the certificate is not granted or amended in some way the game may be in doubt ?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadia-and-live-events-advice-for-event-organisers/

"From 9 August 2021  - Outdoors events should not exceed 5000 attendees, unless granted an exemption by a local authority".

Agenda Document Pack - Regulatory Functions Board - 10_09_2021.pdf 87.42 kB · 1 download

I doubt game will be cancelled  but it might mean no away fans

4 minutes ago, animal said:

Agenda Document Pack - Regulatory Functions Board - 10_09_2021.pdf 87.42 kB · 1 download

From an outsider looking in - it seems as though the council/government are making clubs jump through hoops 

They've made promises to get a grip on things

Why don't we give them a chance rather than moaning all the time? Probably just a tick box exercise 

11 minutes ago, alanb said:

Document.ashx (cmis.uk.com)

Meeting details and timeline

Main concerns Face masks and management of same ie wearing of in indoor areas

Alanb thanks for posting. It certainly stops Animal having a meltdown. 

The timelines and the the certification that was required to get the capacity gives a possible insight to why we only got 1000 in for the Hearts game. 

You’d think that a number of the issues that they are now ironing out (I.e. mitigation of risk via face coverings) could have already have been addressed a long time ago.  

I think that’s why we saw most clubs gradually increasing their stadium capacities with approved exemptions over the course of pre-season friendlies, cup games, European games and then league matches. It appears we were left behind and are only now fully navigating that process. 

A simple answer to what exactly prevented this from being possible would be good. 

It appears that we didn’t welcome St.Johnstone fans last week and have only invited a very limited number of Dundee Utd fans this weekend, presumably to try and limit the crowd to under 5,000. Yet more money lost for the club. 

22 minutes ago, Slash said:

Hi Alanb. Can you source the meeting minutes for the issues relating to only 1039 supporters for first three home games? I’m struggling with RC clunky website.

CMIS > Council and Boards > Regulatory Functions Board

Try this for meeting minutes, don't see anything football related at first glance.

Thought early games attendances were already explained elsewhere, to any satisfaction is open to opinions.

Edited by alanb

The Regulatory Functions panel of any LA will have a schedule of meetings. Any meeting required outwith that schedule will be "extraordinary". This is totally normal and the regs layed by the SG require clubs to apply for a specific exemption for each event ie we need this panel to convene way beyond their schedule probably averaging 3 weeks out of every 5. It's one of the great many hoops clubs are being forced to jump through and how the exemption is administered is totally down to Renfrewshire Council so I really can't see much alternative bar having them call an "extraordinary" meeting of their regulatory panel ahead of each home game.

Their really is nothing to see here but you really need to wonder at the motives of anyone posting this in the first instance but then actually trying to blame the club for something that in the current climate is totally routine and unavoidable.

Hi Alanb. Can you source the meeting minutes for the issues relating to only 1039 supporters for first three home games? I’m struggling with RC clunky website.
There won't be any such minutes as we have not applied for the over 5000 exemption before this weekends game. This appears to be our first application for an exemption.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
47 minutes ago, Slash said:

There won't be any such minutes as we have not applied for the over 5000 exemption before this weekends game. This appears to be our first application for an exemption.

Our original request looks like it was dated 23/8/21 for a rolling allowance for our max attendance, further submissions from Saints 7/9/21 for clarity. 

Meeting on Friday seems to be about a minor change to wording etc on application and certifications granted.

I too, doubt game is/was in doubt.

Edited by alanb

5 minutes ago, Slash said:

I’ve tried there. Mainly taxi drivers licenses that I could see.

I appreciate that there was an update issued on the 13th August 2021 however this did not cover all the issues identified.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4068-club-update-2

Why would the chairman not answer questions on H&S? 

2B070519-A60A-44E1-971D-68222A7F236C.png.16b85013a4bafc2c0c3427b845ac5d7b.png

BEF1B078-66F1-4375-B805-6FEDFEAEF99C.png.f88577aa66dfbaca221406bc9dfed70f.png

B950650C-1685-44B6-875A-346816B46269.png.700d68d611c7cce8c023d975261e9b56.png

Was it not the case the club had meetings with Council officials about issues of concern ? but no actual meeting of the council itself on the issues.

Crowd levels were set at these meetings, 500 then the increase to just over 1000 and then level 0 started the min 5000.

The rest is history... meeting tomorrow probably hoping to get go ahead for Dons and OF games 

You can now add into this mix the ruling by the SNP / Green alliance that you now have to provide a 2 jab certificate to gain entry.

.................... I wait with bated breath to see how that is going to pan out with our relative attendances and staff input.

Edited by The Original 59er

4 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

You can now add into this mix the ruling by the SNP / Green alliance that you now have to provide a 2 jab certificate to gain entry.

.................... I wait with bated breath to see how that is going to pan out with our relative attendances and staff input.

Is it not only for crowds of over 10,000 or unseated outdoor crowds of over 4,000?

On 9/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, alanb said:

Was it not the case the club had meetings with Council officials about issues of concern ? but no actual meeting of the council itself on the issues.

Crowd levels were set at these meetings, 500 then the increase to just over 1000 and then level 0 started the min 5000.

The rest is history... meeting tomorrow probably hoping to get go ahead for Dons and OF games 

NO.  The Regulatory Functions Board meeting yesterday (Friday) at 3.30pm had to be held because despite knowing since the 9th of August that a certificate was required, St . Mirren only very recently applied for today’s game against Dundee United. I do not know if they have applied for any future games. 

5 minutes ago, animal said:

NO.  The Regulatory Functions Board meeting yesterday (Friday) at 3.30pm had to be held because despite knowing since the 9th of August that a certificate was required, St . Mirren only very recently applied for today’s game against Dundee United. I do not know if they have applied for any future games. 

It reads to me that the club applied on 23rd Aug and there’s been to & fro’ with the  council since then and things to be corrected and addressed. The documents shown also state that the approval would apply moving forward for future games. 

Anyway, it appears that the game went ahead and was never ‘in doubt’. There’s plenty to criticise the club about just now without making stuff up specifically to cause trouble. Gie it a rest. 

2 hours ago, animal said:

Don't type pish

I have seen the timeline and meeting agenda

57 minutes ago, alanb said:

Don't type pish

I have seen the timeline and meeting agenda

So have I.

I have attached the full Council report for your information it includes 

3.5 St Mirren returned the documents on 7 September 2021 and following a
review by Environmental Health and Building Standards, further clarification
was requested from St Mirren FC. This included, but was not limited to:
• Covid Protocols
• Operational Plan
• Staffing and Stewarding
• Physical Distancing
• Food/Drink provision
• Staggering of entry times
• Communications

210910 - St Mirren capacity exemption report.pdf

37 minutes ago, animal said:

So have I.

I have attached the full Council report for your information it includes 

3.5 St Mirren returned the documents on 7 September 2021 and following a
review by Environmental Health and Building Standards, further clarification
was requested from St Mirren FC. This included, but was not limited to:
• Covid Protocols
• Operational Plan
• Staffing and Stewarding
• Physical Distancing
• Food/Drink provision
• Staggering of entry times
• Communications

210910 - St Mirren capacity exemption report.pdf 219.05 kB · 4 downloads

Read it then, posted it earlier in thread

Time line, meeting agenda and a helpful letter from SMFC GM detailing what was requested and council request for clarity on masks

Game never in doubt ever

Edited by alanb