20 years ago

faraway saint

I think I’ve watched every documentary on this.

The Bin Laden tapes / Witness Documentary/ Analysis/ FBI etc etc …,

Currently watching anything on tv about it. If someone was to make a movie about this prior to it happening ?

We would possibly say ‘far fetched’

The Pentagon one is a mystery as never seen footage of a plane yet only an obscure blur from one of the most protected buildings in America ?

The Pennsylvania crash site , no fuselage or seats or engine evidence on any programme I’ve seen just a large divot in the ground

The buildings imploding like demolition was odd

A stunning day in history for truly tragic reasons

Unbeknown to me , the events had started to unfold when I was on a plane taxying for departure at Frankfurt Airport . We sat at the runway holding point for 45 minutes , which was unheard of , and everyone on board was getting a bit restless, thinking there was a problem with the plane . Then the pilot told us that German airspace had been temporarily closed, but even he didn't know why.  We then departed , there was no further announcement or any mention of what was happening until we arrived at Glasgow , with everyone turning their phones on followed by a barrage of text messages !

Edited by billyg

I was at work, at that time communication wasn't as instant as it is now but I happened to have a friend who lived in the states and she was messaging me, Yahoo messenger as I recall, as it happened.

Still couldn't take in what was happening until I got home to see the coverage, words couldn't describe what I seen on TV..

When the first tower collapsed I found it hard to believe, jaw dropping moment.

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I think I’ve watched every documentary on this.

The Bin Laden tapes / Witness Documentary/ Analysis/ FBI etc etc …,

Currently watching anything on tv about it. If someone was to make a movie about this prior to it happening ?

We would possibly say ‘far fetched’

The Pentagon one is a mystery as never seen footage of a plane yet only an obscure blur from one of the most protected buildings in America ?

The Pennsylvania crash site , no fuselage or seats or engine evidence on any programme I’ve seen just a large divot in the ground

The buildings imploding like demolition was odd

A stunning day in history for truly tragic reasons

I saw it through a shop window and seriously thought it WAS a movie. It seemed far fetched at the time. To say I was shocked when I found out it was true life is an understatement.