Hibs v St Mirren, Sat 18th Sept

faraway saint

Can't blame McCarthy for being a bit miffed given his good form last Season, then finds himself benched for Dunne!
It might be tough watching this game trying tell who is St.Mirren A & who is St.Mirren B ?
I've asked a lot of Saints fans what they think McCarthy done last season to be dropped this season and no one can give an answer. Conor is the best center back at the club. That's not to say I think the others are no good.

Its a tough one. Dunne is very quick, tall and athletic. Loves a diagonal, doesn't always work but also prone to lapses. And we've obviously sold the move to him and I'd expect he starts when fit. Him being fit is an actual big issue however, so having the quality of Conor to step in is great for us.

Conor is tried and tested and I'd say best CB all round at club. However we don't know what contract talks have held place, we know a bid was put in for him, and I think these reasons have led to the current issues.

Marcus for me is the weakest defender but the most mobile and likes getting up the park. Also he signed a new deal. Also reliable although limited and never injured.

Joe is the captain. Goal threat and strong in the air and in the challenge. Prone to gaffs with ball at feet and least comfortable passer. Also not likely to leave any time soon.

Playing devil's advocate here but I'm certain if we stick with a back 3 it's Marcus, Joe and Charles unless any are unavailable and Conor steps in. Conor may also step in at holding mid if needed as already seen.

I feel Conor will be offski either at Xmas or next summer. If he signs a new deal however??

I would reckon from past experience that there’s a fair chance Hibs may sell tickets on match day.  There might be a late announcement from Saints to that effect.

It’s happened before and if it happens again this time it will be a kick in the teeth for fans who have been told that the only way to get a ticket is to visit the SMFC ticket office. I guess we’ll know by Saturday but it’ll be too late or too much hassle either way for many people.   

25 minutes ago, God of war said:

Ffs if you want a ticket go get one today, if you can't get down get somebody to get you one, it's fecking simple. Mare greeting on here that Xmas cards. Man up ffs.

It’s actually not that simple when the people that could get over for me are working. I live in Lanarkshire and our company are still working from home so its not as simple as you make it sound for some. I wasn’t complaining about St mirren only having actual tickets i simply mentioned Hibs could easily have put at least one section online for away support just as livi done in the cup 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

Opinions of people who don't give anything towards the cause mean f**k all.

Who are these people?

I'm assuming you stand and check peoples credentials at the gate every week, and have done for the last 40 years? 

Lager fuelled post IMO. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who are these people?

I'm assuming you stand and check peoples credentials at the gate every week, and have done for the last 40 years? 

😝.

The graveyard of a bygone era.

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who are these people?

I hate to be presumptuous...but I think that the folk @munoz is referring to will not be found at the gate, every week.

Given our recent results and struggles to put the ball in the net (legitimately), it's difficult to see us getting a win today. Hope the defence can produce another excellent clean sheet and we get away with a 0-0.

I will, of course, be delighted to be proven wrong if we win 1-0 with a scrappy goal off Main's backside in the 90th minute!

COYS11

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

On a brighter note, we're not the only team that can't buy a win.........................seems quite unique that 5 teams haven't won a game at this stage.

image.thumb.png.508f891bd6272bc4f207ce890d32e06e.png

Quite unique?! 🤭 😉

Aye, it is pretty unusual, I'd imagine. I do worry we'll be fighting it out at the bottom, but we haven't had the rub of the green so far - at least two goals erroneously not given.