Ticketing

norrie82

Trying to buy a ticket for Saturday and there appears to be no online sales and of course the ticket office isn’t answering the phone which is standard these days. With no on the day kiosks could anyone tell me how fans who live an hour away and work are meant to purchase a ticket to support the team? This follows on from a summer that was a scandal and a lesson on how not to treat loyal fans. 

Edited by norrie82

39 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Trying to buy a ticket for Saturday and there appears to be no online sales and of course the ticket office isn’t answering the phone which is standard these days. With no on the day kiosks could anyone tell me how fans who live an hour away and work are meant to purchase a ticket to support the team? This follows on from a summer that was a scandal and a lesson on how not to treat loyal fans. 

I’m in the same position, sitting over an hour away from Paisley. I’ve already had a moan about the fact that we’re only releasing details about tickets 5 days before the game.  

Add in the lack of online sales and no details as to whether you can actually have them posted out (maybe you can if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone line). 

Apparently no sales on the day at the stadium - although we’ve been told that before and turned up at grounds to find a ticket booth in operation. That for me is a real disappointment having previously went out of my way to drive to Paisley to the ticket office, only to find match day sales at away stadiums. 

I get that clubs want to keep last minute match day sales to a minimum but find that a shambolic way to treat fans. 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

You could try. https://www.smfctickets.co.uk

Albeit when it tried it wasn’t working. There is also no link to it from the SMFC webpage

We previously were able to purchase away tickets on the SMFC ticket platform and have them posted out.

That was a much criticised ticket platform but at least there was a process there that worked (except for some technical issues on specific browsers/devices). 

I guess the main question is why have we now regressed? 

Can the new ticket platform not handle away ticket sales?  
Or have SMFC just not bothered to make tickets available via that route? 
Do we not have staff trained to operate sales via the online system? If not, do the club not realise that this could help alleviate pressure and allow them to work more efficiently, reduce phone calls, answer the phone when it does go, and ultimately sell more tickets and have a happier customer base. 
How was this process lost in transition from one season to the next? Did the club not realise what the previous staff were actually handling as part of the job? 

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Anyone else find it ironic that the ticketing system is provided by a company called “Future Ticketing”…. 😂 

- Queues outside the stadium to read barcodes with technology that was introduced decades ago.

- Not being able to buy tickets for forthcoming matches.

No doubt he who should be ignored will be along to say it’s just teething problems. 🤡 

Dragged back in yet again… Because those issues are all going to be long-standing. 😅

The club has definitely went backwards with ticketing . The fact is I can’t get to the park to buy a ticket but want to attend. I called today no answer. Should I call Hibernian or just not bother because after this summer and the hassle I’ve had trying to support the team I’m beginning to get totally fed up. The chairman promised it would be sorted and that indeed it was sorted yet here we are going through the exact same problem we all had two months ago. Throw in the shambles of Saturday and our attempt to get fans in in time - it was and still is embarrassing. 

Edited by norrie82

1 hour ago, Slash said:

It’s not just embarrassing. It’s costing the club revenue. Patience wearing thin with many fans. No other business would survive by continually ignoring customers.

Correct. This is why some are so short sighted in defending continual failures as simply teething issues. These are mounting up. 

You’ve got a crazy situation of someone saying that sub-standard strips are fine and shouldn’t be discounted - we should give the club full price so they don’t lose out financially. Only to then see the club literally lose out financially in multiple other circumstances by not managing the basics such as tickets and crowds. It’s depressing.  

22 hours ago, norrie82 said:

The club has definitely went backwards with ticketing . The fact is I can’t get to the park to buy a ticket but want to attend. I called today no answer. Should I call Hibernian or just not bother because after this summer and the hassle I’ve had trying to support the team I’m beginning to get totally fed up. The chairman promised it would be sorted and that indeed it was sorted yet here we are going through the exact same problem we all had two months ago. Throw in the shambles of Saturday and our attempt to get fans in in time - it was and still is embarrassing. 

Just echoing your experience unfortunately. Tried but failed to get through to the ticket office by phone today for the same reason, live on the other side of the country.
Hoping to buy a ticket for my son and I for the Hibs game over the phone and pay the postage to get them sent through. Left a message but no reply like many others by the sounds of things. 
Got a wee bit of sympathy re the shirt sponsor fiasco and finally got our season tickets through, but the ticketing situation is disappointing and unacceptable. Needs sorted sharpish. 

@norrie82 @Balmullo Bud @Scott-Leeds

Just an idea, so don't shoot me down, but could you try one of the supporters' buses?

Twitter handles: @chivassmfc @CocklesWilsonSC @NorthEndSMFC

If you transfer them the money, they might collect the tickets for you. They may even have some pull out last minute!

It's a bit late in the day, but they can only say no. If I lived in Paisley I would pop down for you.

Edited by W6er

Just to confirm the ticket office never answered my call nor reply to my email. We must be carrying thousands through on Saturday hence why they are too busy. Let’s be honest the chairman said it was sorted its clearly not. A total shambles of a set up that sees fans who live outwith the local area totally unable to get tickets. When will this club of ours up their game?? 

22 hours ago, W6er said:

@norrie82 @Balmullo Bud @Scott-Leeds

Just an idea, so don't shoot me down, but could you try one of the supporters' buses?

Twitter handles: @chivassmfc @CocklesWilsonSC @NorthEndSMFC

If you transfer them the money, they might collect the tickets for you. They may even have some pull out last minute!

It's a bit late in the day, but they can only say no. If I lived in Paisley I would pop down for you.

15 hours ago, W6er said:

The ticket office is open late tonight, and then until 14:00 hrs tomorrow.

You’re clearly a very decent Buddie trying to offer solutions to this. 

It really shouldn’t be up to fans doing favours like this to try and coordinate ticket sales. The club needs to sort itself out. 

On 9/14/2021 at 10:04 PM, Maboza said:

Correct. This is why some are so short sighted in defending continual failures as simply teething issues. These are mounting up. 

You’ve got a crazy situation of someone saying that sub-standard strips are fine and shouldn’t be discounted - we should give the club full price so they don’t lose out financially. Only to then see the club literally lose out financially in multiple other circumstances by not managing the basics such as tickets and crowds. It’s depressing.  

In the root-cause analysis terminology, these are systemic failures where both the causes and the remedies lie with club management.  All I'm seeing is blame-shifting and outright denial of the issues failures.

The cumulative effect of all of these failures points to a broken management structure and system.  Objective analysis of just one or two of the problems would probably expose common threads that run thorough just about everything that is wrong, so where are the leaders at the club when it comes to explaining and acting?

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

In the root-cause analysis terminology, these are systemic failures where both the causes and the remedies lie with club management.  All I'm seeing is blame-shifting and outright denial of the issues failures.

The cumulative effect of all of these failures points to a broken management structure and system.  Objective analysis of just one or two of the problems would probably expose common threads that run thorough just about everything that is wrong, so where are the leaders at the club when it comes to explaining and acting?

Bravo !!

👏👏

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Why not get involved with SMISA and contribute your expertise?! :)