Ross County v St Mirren 16.10.21

Rascal

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You've lost me there. Not sure if you're saying that there is only a trickle of mail through Underwood Road or whether the mail from SMFC would only be a trickle. The former is obviously not true and the latter is irrelevant if the sorting office is already backed up.

If that’s the situation with Royal Mail then I guess it’s understandable to some extent. 

What is really required is for clubs to work together to find solutions that suit fans. There’s surely no reason that Saints fans couldn’t have purchased digital tickets from the Hibs and Ross County ticket platforms, similar to the way we were able to for Livi tickets.

Likewise, St.Mirren ticket platform should have sold to Aberdeen fans rather than shipping them a load of tickets.  

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

You've lost me there. Not sure if you're saying that there is only a trickle of mail through Underwood Road or whether the mail from SMFC would only be a trickle. The former is obviously not true and the latter is irrelevant if the sorting office is already backed up.

Let me try to clear things up, obviously the volume at Underwood road isn't a trickle but they, as I said, like many business's, will be "utilising" Covid.

As for St Mirren, if mail is a week behind, then after the first week, it's steady so there's no reason for the club to be concentrating on sorting, whatever that means as a time consuming exercise. 

Let me try to clear things up, obviously the volume at Underwood road isn't a trickle but they, as I said, like many business's, will be "utilising" Covid.
As for St Mirren, if mail is a week behind, then after the first week, it's steady so there's no reason for the club to be concentrating on sorting, whatever that means as a time consuming exercise. 
It would be the Royal Mail "sorting office" doing the mail sorting, not SMFC.

How do you work out it would be steady after a week? If more mail is arriving than being delivered it's only going to get worse. Again, this is Royal Mail, not SMFC.

Assuming the mail is delivered in (approximately) the order it arrives (that may be wrong but probably not) then it doesn't matter if there is only a trIckle of mail coming from SMFC if, when it arrives at the sorting office, there is already about a week's worth of mail ahead of it.

The potential losers are Ross County FC and fans from outside Paisley area who wish to attend the game. Ross County , together with SM have , to some extent, ameliorated if not entirely removed difficulties for both by putting away tickets on sale on the match day. Is that good enough in the modern world? I don’t think so. I’m not looking forward to having to stand in a queue on what might be a rainy day when I might have been able to get access via my phone or downloadable ticket.

Totally agree with Rascal above. Given the distance involved in travelling to Dingwall, I want to be sure I have my ticket in advance. I don't want to travel that far and then have to queue up for one when I get there.

Regardless of difficulties at the RM sorting office in Paisley, the onus is on Ross County to get their act together and maximise the attendance at what is a home game for them. No indication yet on their website that they will be offering tickets to away supporters in advance, but there is still time, I suppose. The game is still a week away.

I've never attended a match in Dingwall, done ICT enough times to know it's too far a trek to be bothered with. Only top flight ground I haven't visited and it will stay that way.

Firestick and a pint or 6 in my mates back garden pub with some fellow buds sounds like how my Saturday will pan out!

A difficult but more than winnable game. 

We've seen what a couple of wins do to our league position, so hopefully another 3pts tomorrow. 

Anyone know the last time we won 3 league games on the bounce? I'm pretty sure we didn't last season. 

2-1 Saints tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, pondsman said:

Two other games tomorrow which are important for our league position.

St. Johnstone v Livingston

Dundee v Aberdeen

If Perth Saints and Dons both win, which seems quite likely, we need a win at Dingwall to stay above them.

Aberdeen are anything but a cert, not won a game in yonks, could easily, IMO, be a draw.

St Johnstone should just edge out Livingston, although they, Saints, don't score many goals. 

As long as we win, the rest can take care of themselves, for now. :wink:

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All 6 Premiership games at 3pm on a Saturday. That can’t happen very often. 
ETA Just realised they aren’t 🤣

I’ll change it to both Celtic and Rangers playing at 3pm in a Saturday. That can’t happen very often. 

Can happen in a Cup Final :whistle

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Same starting eleven as v Livingston

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Jim Goodwin names the same Starting XI that defeated Livingston before the break.

St Mirren: Alnwick, Fraser, Shaughnessy ©, McCarthy, Millar, Power, Erhahon, Tanser, McGrath, Ronan, Brophy.

Subs: Lyness, Tait, Dunne, Flynn, McAllister, Dennis, Main.

Pity, almost a decent post. :lol: