Connor Ronan

On 9/29/2021 at 6:02 PM, Slash said:

Would be great to see Connor and Jamie line up together for the ROI.

Would the last time two St Mirren players represented their country together be Iain Munro and Peter Weir against Wales in 1980?

My memory might be playing tricks but I thought that around that same time, the 2 of them plus Billy Thompson played in a Friday evening game against Northern Ireland. 

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest he has really come on in a short space of time. He is a real find for us - contributes well and scores goals... very much what we needed...

Hope Millar also grows with more game time too...

Also hoping we find 2 or 3 more of good quality in the January window...

If we do well and get top6 or even Europe there is the slimmest of chances we may get another season out of Conor before he is loaned to a Championship side, but that is a really glass half full, fingers crossed, wish list type of hope on my part, especially as I think he can be recalled in January.

If we do well and get top6 or even Europe there is the slimmest of chances we may get another season out of Conor before he is loaned to a Championship side, but that is a really glass half full, fingers crossed, wish list type of hope on my part, especially as I think he can be recalled in January.
I'm just delighted that our contacts can scout such talents .. think back to that bloke from Celtic/Hibs ... I forget his name! The guy with the grudge!

He had contacts.

Personally, I think they were mostly as effective as Mr Magoo's specs! [emoji850][emoji23][emoji12]

I'm just delighted that our contacts can scout such talents .. think back to that bloke from Celtic/Hibs ... I forget his name! The guy with the grudge!

He had contacts.

Personally, I think they were mostly as effective as Mr Magoo's specs! [emoji850][emoji23][emoji12]
God of War [emoji1787]

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 3:39 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Connor makes the SPFL Team of the Week.

And now makes his debut call up for Ireland. It’s been a good move for him to come to Paisley and good for us. Well done Connor. Ps. His dad was at the last Motherwell away game. In talking to one of my sons he said that Connor was loving his time with us and playing every week.

One of the best Saints players I’ve seen in decades. Was lucky enough to spend some time talking to him and his family earlier in the season,  quiet unassuming young man who deserves all the success he undoubtedly will achieve. 

His family said he loves it here ( Under Goodwin - hope Robinson has the same effect on him ) and he would happily stay if Wolves weren’t being so arsey about his contract .