Connor Ronan

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

100% correct IMO. It really is laughable. Conor Ronan is League One  in England and no higher. 

I've seen 76 of the 92 league teams in England and some 3 and 4 times. Followed Ipswich Town for 4 years as season ticket holder and he'd never have got in the Town teams I watched.

Still follow Ipswich and he wouldn't get in their first team.

Not the slightest bit surprised that McGrath is not getting a start at Wigan

I remeber the bull after Adam Hamill worldy

He's still been our best player this season though. 

Wherever he goes, i reckon he'll do well.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

100% correct IMO. It really is laughable. Conor Ronan is League One  in England and no higher. 

I've seen 76 of the 92 league teams in England and some 3 and 4 times. Followed Ipswich Town for 4 years as season ticket holder and he'd never have got in the Town teams I watched.

Still follow Ipswich and he wouldn't get in their first team.

Not the slightest bit surprised that McGrath is not getting a start at Wigan

I remeber the bull after Adam Hamill worldy

Why do you think Wolves gave him a new contract last year, if he is a League One Player? He's also attracting interest from clubs at home and abroad at a higher level than league one. No matter, he's not our player and he never will be, been a pleasure watching him this season. I dread to think where we would be without all his match winning performances. 

McGrath is nowhere near as good as Ronan and i agree i'm not surprised he isn't getting a game at Wigan. He has never - and will never - be anywhere near an EPL club. 

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Why do you think Wolves gave him a new contract last year, if he is a League One Player? He's also attracting interest from clubs at home and abroad at a higher level than league one. No matter, he's not our player and he never will be, been a pleasure watching him this season. I dread to think where we would be without all his match winning performances. 

McGrath is nowhere near as good as Ronan and i agree i'm not surprised he isn't getting a game at Wigan. He has never - and will never - be anywhere near an EPL club. 

So lets just see where he ends up over time. Bet its not at the level you have him.

Aberdeen are League One and Hearts are bottom end of Championship !

I grew up watching Fitzpatrick, Richardson, Abercromby, Bone, Stark, Lambert and more recently McGinn and McLean. They are all way better than Ronan.

Your also way over the top again in your condemnation of SR. 

Edited by lenziebud

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So lets just see where he ends up over time. Bet its not at the level you have him.

Aberdeen are League One and Hearts are bottom end of Championship !

I grew up watching Fitzpatrick, Richardson, Abercromby, Bone, Stark, Lambert and more recently McGinn and McLean. They are all way better than Ronan.

Your also way over the top again in your condemnation of SR. 

So, why do you think Wolves give him a new deal last season? There's several bigger clubs interested than Hearts and Aberdeen, but again, it doesn't matter to us. He's not our player and he certainly won't be playing for us next season. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him in the meantime. SR?

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

So, why do you think Wolves give him a new deal last season? There's several bigger clubs interested than Hearts and Aberdeen, but again, it doesn't matter to us. He's not our player and he certainly won't be playing for us next season. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him in the meantime. SR?

Probably to get a decent fee for him. It wasn't with the view of him being Wolves first team material. He's 24 also ! Been out on loan all of his time at Wolves and will be again for any time he stays on that contract.

Yes he is a decent player at our level but I'm sure we will find a replacement

Edited by lenziebud

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Probably to get a decent fee for him. It wasn't with the view of him being Wolves first team material. He's 24 also ! Been out on loan all of his time at Wolves and will be again for any time he stays on that contract.

Yes he is a decent player at our level but I'm sure we will find a replacement

If he is not league one level surely they're not going to get a decent fee for him? Wolves release players every year who go on and do well at better levels than that, they decided not to release Ronan.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

If he is not league one level surely they're not going to get a decent fee for him? Wolves release players every year who go on and do well at better levels than that, they decided not to release Ronan.

Ok nws, lets see where Conor Ronan is in 2-3 seasons time and we can decide who was right 😀

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Ok nws, lets see where Conor Ronan is in 2-3 seasons time and we can decide who was right 😀

Look forward to it. In the meantime here's hoping for some more Connor magic to keep us up in the next few weeks. He scored the winning goal against St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Dundee the last time we played all three...What a player.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Look forward to it. In the meantime here's hoping for some more Connor magic to keep us up in the next few weeks. He scored the winning goal against St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Dundee the last time we played all three...What a player.

Aye a repeat would be nice 😀

Didn't Greive score the winner v the Fermers ????

On 4/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 4/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, TopCat said:

Didn't Greive score the winner v the Fermers ????

Correct, Ronan's was the equaliser :D

Shame we don't get to give him a proper send off. He correctly swept up at the player of the year awards the other night, what a signing he was. As i've said before he is one of the best Saints players i've seen in 30 years, he was a real joy to watch.  

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, W6er said:

I wisnae at the Hearts game, but I saw this and cannae stop watching it:

Both were fabulous strikes. No doubt that he was our player of the year. Mind you - decent shout for our Captain and for Gocic when he joined. Not to mention Jak Alnwick

Edited by Rascal

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Ronan starting for Wolves tonight against  Leeds. Hope he has a stormer, as well as our boys against the Fakes tonight. 🤞

Yep played in the EPL at the weekend too. Not bad for a 'league one player'. He's very highly rated at Molineux and no wonder, absolutely outstanding player. Would love to see him continue to get minutes under Lopetegui.