News Items - bonkers

faraway saint

As I listen to the radio all day I hear some news items that are, well, mind blowing.

Some baffling, some sad, some amusing but plenty, on the surface take the biscuit.

Today I heard that a 64 year old man had been arrested for the murder of two pensioners about 20 years ago.

Great I thought, improvements in forensics, bet he thought he was home and hosed.

Then the news item said he'd be standing trial in November...............................NEXT YEAR? :blink:

Are they waiting in the hope he dies before the trial?

Surely this could have been much earlier if they have enough evidence to charge him? 

Edited by faraway saint

Today's gem, a competition and the prize....................A Mini Electric.

All the class of the classic Mini, no need to queue for petrol, genius.

Then the killer line................. up to 145 miles on the one charge.

UP TO....................................145 miles? :lol:

Jeezo, you can shove that for a prize. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

UP TO....................................145 miles? :lol:

Was that meant to be funny? 🤔

Edited by HSS

UP TO....................................145 miles? [emoji38]
But it's a mini, you just need a couple of spare AAA batteries and you're off again. See, YOU obviously have no idea what you're talking about. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

But it's a mini, you just need a couple of spare AAA batteries and you're off again. See, YOU obviously have no idea what you're talking about. emoji848.png

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

The competition wasn't offering batteries, another reason it's a bag of shite..........................and a fiver to enter. :byebye

Heard this today, it seems London has the highest amount of wallopers per head of population, not a surprise really.

The fuel shortages across the UK appear to have hit London the hardest, with more pumps running dry in the capital as motorists flocked to fill up their tanks.

The surge in demand from consumers reached such levels that motorists were putting in less than £2 worth of petrol. Experts have said the situation should ease in the next two days.

With yesterdays court decision to jail the vermin police officer for life, a real life sentence for a change, who brutally killed Sarah Everard, I'm not in agreement with the clamour for the met police commissioner to resign? 

Hindsight is becoming the new in thing, quite why she should resign is beyond me.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't sure where this item should go but "bonkers" covers it for me........................the photographers offer of help was seen, by snowflake students, as ‘Inappropriate, patronising and unnecessarily gendered comment’  :lol:

No doubt the forum snowflake will agree. 

The whole item can be seen here............. https://uk.yahoo.com/news/cambridge-matriculation-photographer-asked-gentlemen-161657117.html

The row began on the evening of the photo, when several of those present raised concern on the Wolfson College Student Association’s 450-member Facebook group about the “gendered language”, leaked to The Telegraph.

They said the photographer, who was an older man, offered to help students dismount from a raised platform and told them: “For any women that are having any problems, there are a couple of gentlemen that are here to help you.”