News Items - bonkers

faraway saint

Wasn't sure where this item should go but "bonkers" covers it for me........................the photographers offer of help was seen, by snowflake students, as ‘Inappropriate, patronising and unnecessarily gendered comment’  [emoji38]
No doubt the forum snowflake will agree. 
The whole item can be seen here............. https://uk.yahoo.com/news/cambridge-matriculation-photographer-asked-gentlemen-161657117.html

The row began on the evening of the photo, when several of those present raised concern on the Wolfson College Student Association’s 450-member Facebook group about the “gendered language”, leaked to The Telegraph.

They said the photographer, who was an older man, offered to help students dismount from a raised platform and told them: “For any women that are having any problems, there are a couple of gentlemen that are here to help you.”

That's absolutely shocking behaviour. Imaging calling the photographer "older", feckin ageist cunts, they should be reported. And are they just assuming that the photographer identifies as a "man"? Or identifies as a photographer for that matter. Maybe he identifies as a 21 year old female airline pilot. Some people just don't think before they speak. :whistle

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

That's absolutely shocking behaviour. Imaging calling the photographer "older", feckin ageist cunts, they should be reported. And are they just assuming that the photographer identifies as a "man"? Or identifies as a photographer for that matter. Maybe he identifies as a 21 year old female airline pilot. Some people just don't think before they speak. :whistle

Like you didn't in this post?😛

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen a news item that Hexham is the happiest place to live in Britain. 

Had to Google it, Northumberland.

Wonder where the unhappiest place is? 

According to your neighbours…………Arbroath 

10 happiest places to live in Scotland?

EE6C29B5-3EFD-4178-B418-2C5CB8089C1E.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Can you believe that a mother would go out and leave two sets of twins, aged 3 & 4, alone in the house?

Well, after a couple of recent horrific cases of parents battering and killing their children nothing surprises me.

A 27-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of child neglect after four children - two sets of twin boys aged three and four - died in a house fire in south London.

The youngsters were all related, police said.

The woman is being held in custody, Scotland Yard added.

• 5 months later...

Not overly interested but it was hard to miss the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard court case.

It seems the jury were on Depps side, just caught an item on Good Morning Britain with some woman bemoaning the decision and it will set women back. :lol:

Maybe the jury got it right and Heard was slightly deranged? :rolleyes:

On 6/2/2022 at 6:42 AM, faraway saint said:

Not overly interested but it was hard to miss the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard court case.

It seems the jury were on Depps side, just caught an item on Good Morning Britain with some woman bemoaning the decision and it will set women back. :lol:

Maybe the jury got it right and Heard was slightly deranged? :rolleyes:

I’m not a lover of these celebrity spat show trails but Caught snippets of it on News channels and couldn’t believe some of the things reported so quick Google searches  to check “Did that really happen?” 

I can’t believe some of the so called witnesses produced by Heard , where the f**k did they drag these folk from ? 🤪

If I was Ms Heard, I’d have kept the receipt from her team coz they were f**king rank rotten .

Btw, in my humble opinion, Both as bad as each other ….. pair o f**king loonballs. 🤪🤪🤪

• 3 weeks later...

A story that lifts the soul, almost a forgotten skill today, a parent who takes responsibility and takes positive action.

A mother marched her 12-year-old son to a girl’s house and demanded he apologise to her face for repeatedly branding her “fat” and “ugly” in a series of abusive texts.

Samm Jane was “fuming” when she received a call from her son Dave’s school on 7 June to inform her that he had been bullying one of his classmates in foul-mouthed messages.

After finding out the victim's address, single mum Ms Jane, 32, made her son spend some of his birthday money on flowers and chocolates as a way of making amends.

Once at the girl's front door, Ms Jane, from Nuneaton, Warwickshire, said she forced Dave to apologise to the girl and her parents, vowing that her son will learn a lesson from the incident.

She said: “I never thought he'd be like this, I'd raised him to never disrespect a girl.

"I'm a female, I'm a single mum, he should respect me and everybody else around him.

"I took his phone and made him unlock it. He'd sent this girl texts saying 'I never want to see your ugly face in school. Your ugly face and fat body offend me.'

"She'd text him back saying 'Stop being horrible to me’."

From Dave's £100 birthday money haul, Ms Jane took £10 and forced him to buy flowers and chocolates as an apology gift.

After finding out the girl’s address, Ms Jane marched her son to the front door so he could apologise in front of the girl’s parents.

Ms Jane recalled: "I said 'My son has something to say to your daughter', and he stands there going 'I'm sorry'. I made him speak up and repeat himself.

"I made him say what he was sorry for. The mum wasn't aware of it, the girl hadn't told her mum.”

Ms Jane said she reassured the girl’s parents that the bullying would not be repeated and explained to her son how impactful his words can be.

She added said: "I'm raising a man. My son doesn't have that male role model so I have to teach him how to be a man and make sure he's respectful to people.

"As a single mum, I've tried to do my best by him. For him to disrespect a female, it feels like he is disrespecting me.

"I've always told him about body positivity, about how women come in different shapes and sizes. That's why I was so angry – why would he say all these things when I've told him to be respectful?”

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I know, I was merely pointing out his level of response, to both our posts. :lol:

Indeed. Correct. Now how are you intending to use the message in the post for self improvement. But….you did make me laugh, even when I agree with the sentiments 109%

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I know what you meant Ricky, but doesn't that devalue the lesson by draghing it in to your spat unnecessarily?

SS. It might not seem like it perhaps but I have no spat. You would find that I like posts by F Way as well as disagree with him. You would probably find also, however, that he might well be the only poster to whom I use intemperate language. But, the lad dishes it out to many in here but does seem to have a thin skin when replied to or challenged, necessitating a rescue mission by one or two acolytes. I don’t count you in that number.

Edited by Rascal

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

SS. It might not seem like it perhaps but I have no spat. You would find that I like posts by F Way as well as disagree with him. You would probably find also, however, that he might well be the only poster to whom I use intemperate language. But, the lad dishes it out to many in here but does seem to have a thin skin when replied to or challenged, necessitating a rescue mission by one or two acolytes. I don’t count you in that number.

With respect Ricky, that’s bollocks. I don’t agree with many things that FS posts and am aware that, at best, he can be contrary…..you, however, drag the same rubbish (in your superior manner (unworthy or otherwise)) into every thread. I do believe that on occasion you add value to the forum with your thoughts/opinions/anecdotes but you cheapen all of your contributions with your inane baiting and incessant trolling drivel.